Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)

Read 78735 times
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Re: Nuri Sahin (Real Madrid)
      Reply #46: Aug 08, 2012 08:23:55 pm
      Expecting Song to leave to Barce Mick.

Wilshire is out for another couple months yet and they signed a wide player. Sahin would be perfect for their middle

Arsenal currently already have Song, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Arteta, Diaby, and even youngsters such as Frimpong and Coquelin who are capable of playing the CM position.  Even if Song left, they still have an abundance of CM's and players like Chamberlain and Cazorla can play as a CAM or in the hole.  With Wenger's policy of developing youth, I can't see him sanctioning a loan move for Sahin. 
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #47: Aug 10, 2012 05:51:06 pm
      Rumors bubbling from crap sources about continued interest in Sahin.  Thinking aloud, if we were interested and managed to pull off a loan for him, look ahead to next season...If Sahin played well for us, Real would likely want him back, but would that give RM confidence to get rid of Alonso with Sahin replacing him? And in effect allow us to transfer Alonso back here to play out his last years? Or of course, we would instead decide to buy Sahin from Real post-loan if the price isn't insanely high (which it likely will be if he plays well for us). 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #48: Aug 10, 2012 05:53:09 pm
      Rumors bubbling from crap sources about continued interest in Sahin.  Thinking aloud, if we were interested and managed to pull off a loan for him, look ahead to next season...If Sahin played well for us, Real would likely want him back, but would that give RM confidence to get rid of Alonso with Sahin replacing him? And in effect allow us to transfer Alonso back here to play out his last years? Or of course, we would instead decide to buy Sahin from Real post-loan if the price isn't insanely high (which it likely will be if he plays well for us). 

I think we would want the value of the optional purchase decided prior to the loan happening.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #49: Aug 10, 2012 06:16:52 pm
      Not sure why we would be going for him now we have Allen. I very much doubt we were even in for hiim at the begining
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #50: Aug 10, 2012 06:16:56 pm
      I think we would want the value of the optional purchase decided prior to the loan happening.
      Very true.  :)   I should have wrote that but I haven't had enough coffee today and am more clueless than usual. (don't say it  :D )
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #51: Aug 10, 2012 06:41:35 pm
      Don't think we need him at all anymore now that we've got Allen and I'd imagine his wages are not very cheap. Quality player though and really hope that he gets away from Madrid because judging by his days on Dortmund he deserves a starting spot and I was at Yankee Stadium the other day watching Madrid v AC Milan and Mourinho threw him in for 10 minutes at Left Back while all the other starters and a few first teamers played their actual positions. So I can imagine that he's pretty unsettled there.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #52: Aug 10, 2012 08:53:27 pm
      Surprised to see some on here say we shouldn't go in for Sahin. Seriously, the boy is quality. If we could agree a loan to buy option with Real, we'd be crazy not to take it, regardless if we have Allen or not.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #53: Aug 10, 2012 09:10:35 pm
      Surprised to see some on here say we shouldn't go in for Sahin. Seriously, the boy is quality. If we could agree a loan to buy option with Real, we'd be crazy not to take it, regardless if we have Allen or not.

This all day.  Gerrard is entering the twilight of his career, and Sahin is a creative CM who could help fill the void that will be left when Stevie hangs up his boots.  A loan to buy move will also add some much needed quality depth to our squad with little investment up front.  If we could loan in Sahin and Affelay, we would only really need one additional CF (assuming Carrol leaves) to give us a very solid looking side!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #54: Aug 10, 2012 09:12:15 pm
      This all day.  Gerrard is entering the twilight of his career, and Sahin is a creative CM who could help fill the void that will be left when Stevie hangs up his boots.  A loan to buy move will also add some much needed quality depth to our squad with little investment up front.  If we could loan in Sahin and Affelay, we would only really need one additional CF (assuming Carrol leaves) to give us a very solid looking side!

Agree with this, but I also think it might be time to have Morgan participate more up front.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #55: Aug 10, 2012 09:38:16 pm
      Agree with this, but I also think it might be time to have Morgan participate more up front.

I think Morgan needs to play in the reserves for a bit first before going with the first team. I don't think he played in the Reserves League last season, just the youth team, but I could be mistaken. If not, the reserves should be his next step.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Aug 10, 2012 10:27:37 pm

He's the type of player that starts day in and day out, not a backup for Gerrard but I don't think he'd be a better DM than Lucas and I don't think he'd be a better box-to-box intelligent midfielder who wins the middle of the park just about every game like Allen, he'd be where Gerrard plays, but if Gerrard is fit the whole season, then what do we do with Sahin? Sit him on the bench? I think he'd rather sit on Madrid's bench than ours.

The deal would be great, particularly if there was an option to buy at the end of the season, but I just don't see where he fits - especially when we are seriously lacking depth in our attacking front three that needs to be filled (Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, possibly Carroll out; just Borini in) and we've got players like Shelvey and Henderson waiting in the wings who could both occupy CAM if Gerrard is to get injured. If we can manage to get Cole and Adam off our books then I think it'd be a very good signing, but I think bringing in a winger or two should be first priority.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #57: Aug 10, 2012 10:40:23 pm
      If we really want Sahin we need to move soon, like... now.  Barca are after Alex Song and if they get him then surely Arsenal would be a more attractive prospect.  We should sign him up before that opportunity comes.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #58: Aug 10, 2012 11:33:38 pm
      He's the type of player that starts day in and day out, not a backup for Gerrard but I don't think he'd be a better DM than Lucas and I don't think he'd be a better box-to-box intelligent midfielder who wins the middle of the park just about every game like Allen, he'd be where Gerrard plays, but if Gerrard is fit the whole season, then what do we do with Sahin? Sit him on the bench? I think he'd rather sit on Madrid's bench than ours.

The deal would be great, particularly if there was an option to buy at the end of the season, but I just don't see where he fits - especially when we are seriously lacking depth in our attacking front three that needs to be filled (Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy, possibly Carroll out; just Borini in) and we've got players like Shelvey and Henderson waiting in the wings who could both occupy CAM if Gerrard is to get injured. If we can manage to get Cole and Adam off our books then I think it'd be a very good signing, but I think bringing in a winger or two should be first priority.

He's not a DM though. Ran the show for Dortmund and won Bundesliga doing so. It's probably an unrealistic link to begin with, but he's a player who doesn't become available very often. How could we not at least try?
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #59: Aug 10, 2012 11:52:05 pm
      I think you can probably close the books on this deal now because the club has enough centre-mids to put out 4 sides! I think it's more likely that 2 will go rather anymore coming in.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #60: Aug 10, 2012 11:55:14 pm
      What position dose this lad play,Is he a attacking mid???Holy Jazeus how many midfielders do we need.Dont know much about this lad but judging buy some of the reactions on here,he sounds a good little player.....
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #61: Aug 11, 2012 01:43:43 am
      What position dose this lad play,Is he a attacking mid???Holy Jazeus how many midfielders do we need.Dont know much about this lad but judging buy some of the reactions on here,he sounds a good little player.....

We could do with getting rid of Adam and maybe one other centre mid and getting this guy on loan with a view to buy. Seen him just a couple of times when he played for Dortmund and he was very good but not seen anything from him at Madrid but he would be one of our better players in the squad for sure.

Don't see why we shouldn't go for top talent just because we have average midfielders already.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #62: Aug 11, 2012 01:49:15 am
      As far as I'm concerned we should let Adam and Spearing go. They just don't seem to be good enough for LFC. Adam and Spearing out Sahin and Allen in.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Aug 11, 2012 03:00:05 am
      As far as I'm concerned we should let Adam and Spearing go. They just don't seem to be good enough for LFC. Adam and Spearing out Sahin and Allen in.

This.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #64: Aug 11, 2012 05:05:29 am

If we get Sahin then absolutely Adam should go, however I feel Spearing could do a job as a squad player.
      RedCanuck
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #65: Aug 11, 2012 05:23:59 am
        So curious, if Spearing wasn't a scouser and was brought in as a first team mid from elsewhere what would everyone's opinion be of him in the starting 11 game in game out?  I'm all for home grown players but fact is he's just not good enough!  If we are serious about getting to the top again, neither is Adam and well Cole is past it.  Time to offload, there's a talented group being held up by these guys. I wish them all the best but just not good enough for LFC!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #66: Aug 11, 2012 06:37:36 am
      Spearing is not good enough but Adam deserves another season after his 11 assists and 2 goals which is great for a first season I think and he was injured. Spearing is not good enough, he can play for any EPL team but not in the elite. He does too many mistakes although he is not bad technically. He is more than decent at passing and tackling but at DM the mistakes he makes are unacceptable.

About Nuri Sahin, do you think there is a chance we sign him now that Allen has come?

A midfield of Sahin, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Gerrard, Shelvey would be awesome! Since many of them can play at different positions in the midfield. It means we'll have to sell Spearo and Adam(i'm not against it but adam deserves a chance) and we'll have 6 very good midfielders for 3 places and I bet some or many will become World class players!(allen, henderson, shelvey, sahin)
      Maybe we'll sell exchange Adam to get dempsey(don't have an opinion about him) but the player we'll have the most difficulty to sell is Spearo. He's a fighter but willnever be good enough,we need players who will make the first teamers perform better if they want to keep their place; Spearing simply doesn't.
      I'm not stupid, I know we have a very saturated midfield, even more if Cole and Suso are to play centrally but I think we'll take a player on loan and Sahin on loan can do no harm but raise the standard of our midfield.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #67: Aug 11, 2012 06:38:12 am
      RT @Green_Scouser "(The Times) Despite the signing of Joe Allen, Midfielder Nuri Sahin remains on #LFC's radar."
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #68: Aug 11, 2012 07:26:20 am
      RT @Green_Scouser "(The Times) Despite the signing of Joe Allen, Midfielder Nuri Sahin remains on #LFC's radar."

Good news if true. Again I now our central midfield is not a priority at the moment but the lad is good and young. If he comes he'll raise our standard and a loan is perfect to get him.
      PS: I personally think we need to replace Spearo by a good DM and sign 2 goal-scoring wingers or strikers who can play on the wing

Quick Reply