Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 199626 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Apr 24, 2014 10:30:03 pm
      Anyone else see the stat on Joe Allen at the weekend with regards to our goals scored per game when he plays? I believe we have scored an average of 3.1 per game with him in the side and 2.2 without him. It was on the offal coverage of the match.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1128: Apr 24, 2014 11:06:40 pm
      Anyone else see the stat on Joe Allen at the weekend with regards to our goals scored per game when he plays? I believe we have scored an average of 3.1 per game with him in the side and 2.2 without him. It was on the offal coverage of the match.

Pretty small sample size tbh.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1129: Apr 25, 2014 01:18:49 am

I think it's sizeable enough.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1130: Apr 25, 2014 12:14:35 pm

I suppose so, it's not an academic piece of research BUT in the context of this season I thought it was quite interesting is all. People are quite quick to put the boot in on Allen ie, not enough assists, no goals, no impact etc. This suggests some impact or it could be pure fluke. A 1 goal swing is quite a lot though. Or it could mean Joe comes on in games that we already winning by a mile!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1131: Apr 25, 2014 10:32:54 pm
      Allen is a situational player. He's not exactly a Utility player. We got to use him Sunday as we are in a situation he can be useful now Henderson is suspended. He's not terrible but he wouldn't make my first 11. It's a slight downgrade from Henderson but one we can get away with. It could even be a blessing in disguise as Henderson was rash and lost his nerve to get the suspention in the first place. Our team cannot lose nerve now so in a way the Henderson ban is a similar theory to natural selection. If you remember Henderson is still young and he might be a player that needs a bit more experience holding his nerve in big games. One thing is for sure, we need a new midfielder that can hold his nerve and can play multiple midfield roles. Such a player wouldn't come cheap but we need this now Gerrard sits deeper.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1132: Apr 25, 2014 10:35:58 pm
      Allen is a situational player. He's not exactly a Utility player. We got to use him Sunday as we are in a situation he can be useful now Henderson is suspended. He's not terrible but he wouldn't make my first 11. It's a slight downgrade from Henderson but one we can get away with. It could even be a blessing in disguise as Henderson was rash and lost his nerve to get the suspention in the first place. Our team cannot lose nerve now so in a way the Henderson ban is a similar theory to natural selection. If you remember Henderson is still young and he might be a player that needs a bit more experience holding his nerve in big games. One thing is for sure, we need a new midfielder that can hold his nerve and can play multiple midfield roles. Such a player wouldn't come cheap but we need this now Gerrard sits deeper.

Absolutely comical the bit about Henderson losing his nerve.

Honestly.

Comical.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1133: Apr 25, 2014 10:37:02 pm

Can i genuinely ask you how you mean he lost his nerve?

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1134: Apr 25, 2014 10:41:30 pm
      It's a sh*t post guys best just assume he has had a few beers and decided to hit the keypad.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1135: Apr 25, 2014 10:42:29 pm
      One of our best players this season lost his nerve?

Bizarre stuff as always.

Back to Joe and I've always been a fan of his and he has played his part this season and I have a feeling we're going to see a big game from him on Sunday.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1136: Apr 25, 2014 10:42:39 pm
      It's a sh*t post guys best just assume he has had a few beers and decided to hit the keypad.

If thats the case he must drink alot
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1137: Apr 25, 2014 10:46:03 pm
      If thats the case he must drink alot permanently

Fixed.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1138: Apr 25, 2014 11:02:42 pm

Why are you so f**king irrational about everything? Why not, like 99.99999% of us on this forum, just f**king accept Henderson's suspension and that it was done under understandable circumstances? To even dare to suggest that a man who's come so far and stood up as one of our very best players in this run in (and indeed most the season) doesn't have nerve is offensively ignorant for f**k sake.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1139: Apr 26, 2014 01:13:34 am
      I'm counting on Joe for the Chelsea game, got a feeling he is going to be immense. I'd normally be thinking about the players that get the most chance to stand out like the SaSaS and Coutinho.
      He was part of the team that demolished Tottenham at a major turning point of the season.
      He has as big a part to play in the first team as anyone.
      I've always been indifferent towards Joe Allen, was just waiting to see more of him before I was 100% convinced, understood he had to break back in after a few injuries and now I am 100% about him.
      He gets around the pitch and has a brilliant touch on the ball.
      Admittedly I had a few drinks watching the Norwich game but nevertheless- I mistook him for Coutinho a few times; purely because his ball control, dribbling and movement.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1140: May 06, 2014 02:39:58 am
      He was brilliant against Palace.  Nice to get his first league goal for us as well.  You could see how much more freely he played all game.

Let's hope he kicks on from here.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1141: May 06, 2014 02:46:35 am
      He was brilliant against Palace.  Nice to get his first league goal for us as well.  You could see how much more freely he played all game.

Let's hope he kicks on from here.

He was indeed, won my MotM vote and that goal has been coming. He's had some cracking shots recently including that touch and volley that was so close. Thought he could have done better from just inside the box, wasn't a terrible shot he had but should have hit the target. Still he had a fine game and deserves the praise.

Was funny to see Pascoe's reaction to the goal.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1142: May 06, 2014 07:28:20 am
      Easily the MOTM last night keep it up Joe.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1143: May 06, 2014 08:06:07 am
      I was twice as pleased with the goal when I realised it was Joe Allen who scored (I was slightly inebriated.) He was boss though.
      Best movement in the box I've seen this year.
      Got to motm him, he stood out.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1144: May 06, 2014 08:48:27 am
      I'll admit I haven't been his biggest fan but was made up that he finally scored. He's threatened to score a few times this season and been denied by some great goal keeping. Example being in the Chavs match at home. He had a cracker of a shot going inside the right hand goal post and somehow Shwarzer dived and saved it low down.

Well done Joe. You were given a chance when Jordan got his red card and you did everything in your power to prove your worthwhileness to the team.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #1145: May 06, 2014 08:57:22 am
      I gave him MOTM yesterday, he was at his best and hopefully he'll get more chances to shine next season.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1146: May 06, 2014 10:03:27 am
      Joe has gradually played himself into some real form the past couple of months and looks like he really belongs. I thought he was excellent last night and tbh his performances have generally been either 7 or 8 out of 10 for a little while now.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1147: May 06, 2014 12:13:10 pm
      Glad for him, one of my favorites for his attitude, his skill on the ball and his workrate.

Think we need to find ways to get him and Jordan playing together more often.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1148: May 06, 2014 02:53:56 pm
      Allen was the best player on the pitch (for us at least). Obviously the goal was big, but beyond that he was brilliant linking the defense to the attack. His best position, as has been noted here many times, is as a link midfielder next to a DM. We got a pretty good taste of that yesterday, albeit in a slightly different setup.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1149: May 07, 2014 12:19:51 am
      He has been immense the last 2 games.

Warrior like attitude showing bravery on the ball and throwing his frame around.

Quick Reply