Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 199831 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1840: Nov 30, 2015 01:09:09 pm
      It depends which way you look at it. The only player I saw being dropped for him is Can and he's had a good few games recently. I think we'll see Allen pick up some minutes against Southampton.

I think Can was rested for the weekend game just like Lallana so I don't think he was dropped.

With Henderson now back and you add in Can, Lucas and Milner I can't see where Allen gets a game unless we are riddled with injuries.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1841: Nov 30, 2015 01:14:09 pm
      I think Can was rested for the weekend game just like Lallana so I don't think he was dropped.

With Henderson now back and you add in Can, Lucas and Milner I can't see where Allen gets a game unless we are riddled with injuries.

As long as Allen is at the club for when injuries and suspensions occur and for when rotation is really needed then it's no problem really. We have a hectic Christmas schedule as per and if we hope to get far in the Europa as well as all of the other competitions then Allen will be important.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1842: Dec 01, 2015 12:31:09 pm
      with hendo back he's slipped further down the pecking order as there is no way i would play him in the holding role he's not physical enough. going forward he's not technical and intelligent enought to create and score goals so where is his position?? central well he's not going to keep Can, Milner,Henderson or Firmino,coutinho out the team so I think his time will be up this summer if not Jan
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1843: Dec 02, 2015 09:18:39 pm
      Brilliant tonight no mistake
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1844: Dec 02, 2015 09:56:56 pm
      Hell of a performance from Allen tonight. More of the same!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1845: Dec 02, 2015 11:01:47 pm
      My question is, as down the pecking order as he might well be, and as disappointing as his liverpool career has been, is he a decent option in our cup teams and as a back up for our league games? People always seem to smell blood and move players on but I think there is a roll for him in the squad.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1846: Dec 02, 2015 11:11:53 pm
      My question is, as down the pecking order as he might well be, and as disappointing as his liverpool career has been, is he a decent option in our cup teams and as a back up for our league games? People always seem to smell blood and move players on but I think there is a roll for him in the squad.

This is a good point to be fair, because we've developed an attitude recently where we seem to bomb players out the second they aren't first XI material, but ultimately it leaves us with a squad lacking depth and that will always cost you over a season. Played well tonight imo, that ball to Sturridge was sublime.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015 11:41:37 pm by RedWilly »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1847: Dec 02, 2015 11:13:39 pm
      Have been quick to bollock Joe on many an occasion. But credit where it's due he is starting to turn it round , well done taff .
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #1848: Dec 02, 2015 11:13:59 pm
      If Joe played like that every week then thathe fella who played for barca and now some middle east team would be called the Spanish Allen.

What a baller.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1849: Dec 02, 2015 11:14:23 pm
      Probably the best he has ever played for us. Well in lad. Maybe no longer being the golden child of Rodgers has made him realise he has to up his game or he will be gone.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1850: Dec 02, 2015 11:31:44 pm

I've long lost faith that he could be a key player for us, as I admit I once believed, but I've always thought he was a decent player to have in the squad.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1851: Dec 02, 2015 11:32:42 pm
      I've criticised the bollocks out of Joe for a long time now but he's starting to turn it around in a flash . Joe " the flash" Allen . Any relation to Barry " the flash " Allen . Anyway i hope he keeps it going for his own sake he put on a fine performance tonight .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1852: Dec 02, 2015 11:34:55 pm
      that was a sublime pass from Joseph on the Sturridge goal.  top drawer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,257 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1853: Dec 02, 2015 11:52:16 pm
      Looked to have a very good game tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1854: Dec 03, 2015 12:00:50 am
      The welsh Pirlo played well but we have seen this glimpses previously, can Jürgen get some consistency out of him?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1855: Dec 03, 2015 12:23:41 am
      The welsh Pirlo played well but we have seen this glimpses previously, can Jürgen get some consistency out of him?
      I think he will , it's all down to Joe to prove us wrong and a goal or 2 would help him along big time .

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #1856: Dec 03, 2015 01:07:41 pm
      Does anyone else see Rick Grimes from Walking Dead when you look at Joe these days?

Im trying to post a pic with the beard but it aint working.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1857: Dec 03, 2015 05:19:39 pm
      Certainly played well enough last night to be worthy of a place in the squad, well done Joe.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1858: Dec 03, 2015 08:29:11 pm
      And so the prophecy states; "When the beard has reachest its fullest, the transformation from Xavi to Pirlo will be complete"
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1859: Dec 04, 2015 04:59:39 pm
      ~I was watching Allen the other night and it sort of came to me that sometimes he is half a yard short between the ears. He gets nailed in tackles or he misses tackles because he is just a fraction too late in his execution.
      I think if there is a player in there then Jürgen will force it out of him.  Sunday will be an interesting team selection
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1860: Dec 04, 2015 06:25:44 pm
      ~I was watching Allen the other night and it sort of came to me that sometimes he is half a yard short between the ears. He gets nailed in tackles or he misses tackles because he is just a fraction too late in his execution.
      I think if there is a player in there then Jürgen will force it out of him.  Sunday will be an interesting team selection

I'd be amazed if he keeps his spot TBH, he did well the other night but not enough IMHO to get in front of either Lucas or Can. That said at least now if he (Allen) gets brought on around the hour mark a country full of Liverpool supporters won't start launching cushions at the telly. Not immediately anyway.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1861: Dec 04, 2015 07:09:49 pm
      For me Joe is at his best in the press, his work rate is excellent, he is quick over short distances, he anticipates things well and plays on the front foot. The issue for Joe is that he is a bit lightweight to play as a sole DM, he gets outmuscled in this role so if he plays, he has to offer a bit more going forward. He showed that plenty in his first season with Swansea in the Premier League but we haven't seen nearly enough of that in a red shirt. If he can produce a few more passes like the one that played in Studge for the for the first goal the other night he just might find himself back in the side. Under Klopp we are going to win e ball back in high areas, what Joe does when he wins it back will probably define whether he has a future under Klopp I think.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1862: Jan 13, 2016 09:53:46 pm
      Joe Allen for president!

Quick Reply