Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The importance of realising our financial position.

Read 4435 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: The importance of realising our financial position.
      Reply #23: Aug 17, 2012 06:14:12 pm
      You don't need to spend "CL money on players" to get into the Champions League. They spent so-called "CL money" on a few players last summer who straight-up tanked, so I don't think the fees themselves are nearly as important as the quality of each player.
      Jeze
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 17, 2012 10:08:14 pm
      I do think though that the debt of Barcelona and Man United should mean they'd be banned from the transfer markets until the debts are down at a reasonable level.

But if the New York stock exchange goes belly up (like in 1983 or 2008) the Mancs will presumably run into big-time worries when the stock tumbles due to such worries. (I hope so, not that the stock exchange crashes but that they'd suffer if it'd do)  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25: Aug 18, 2012 07:52:47 am
      They took a punt on us thinking the FFP rules were a slam dunk.
      Now they are not so clear cut .
      Also how does Brendan will be given time and we hace to get top 4 work.
      We are not spending CL money on players so how can they demand it?.
      Its the same old questions wheres the stadium and wheres the investment in the squad to bring it up to CL standard.
      By mid Sept we will have at least put the transfers to bed and we will have played enough games to see what sort of team we have.
      I don't want to keep banging the same drum but those very same questions were heard when Kenny was sacked.
      On paper we're as far from the CL as ever.
      The criterea will have to be cranked down and expectation lowered if the club want to avoid sacking a manager every season for 2 or 3 years.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 08:30:36 am by stuey »

Quick Reply