Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Best moment of London 2012?

Read 6449 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Best moment of London 2012?
      Reply #23: Aug 15, 2012 01:08:35 am
      Too many to chose from!  Seriously, way too many.

Jade Jones, only because I'm from just down the road from her, North Wales GOLD!  Don't get to say that too often!  Well proud of the little lass!

The cycling as always, but that's one of my favourite sports ever.  Brilliant performances across the board!

Ben Ainslee, what a star, would not give up his position as top dog!

Andy Murray!  Top of the tree at last!  Well in Andy!

Rowing, f**k me, that's a tough sport.  I had the opportunity once in uni to take part in a regatta, it was so hard!  And even worse, we trained with them for a few sessions after.  Those guys are seriously strong!  And that was just at a "low" level.  Hats off to all the rowers, and especially the GB ones who once again brought an awful lot of the goodies home!  Most successful team according to the BBC!

Away from the Brits (and no disrespect intended because I don't know the athlete's names), I loved seeing that Ugandan lad winning the marathon, Usain doing the business closely followed by Blake.  The German throwing lad that jumped over the hurdles celebrating his win :D  The American women breaking the 4x100m relay record.   David Rudisha breaking the men's 800m WR!  Fantastic efforts in the pool, Michael Phelps becoming the greatest Olympian ever!

Back to the Brits. Beth Tweddle and Louis Smith, was delighted for them.  And the canoeists, the shooting, the judo, and the boxing.  I want to try white water canoeing, that looks sick!  I also loved the boxing, first time ever for women in the games and GB and Ireland come away with golds.  Fantastic! And the men were boss too! That 45 minutes on that Saturday night, Jess, Greg and Mo, superstars!  And not forgetting the Brownlee brothers!  Too many to mention.

And, for me, the equestrian events brought huge delight!  Nick Skelton and the show-jumping team riding their laps of honour pretty much summed up the games for me, the sheer delight they showed as they rode around and around the arena at Greenwich was just f**king boss!  I've never watched dressage before, I always dismissed it as ponies "plinky-plonking" their way around the arena, how wrong was I?  I plinky-plonked my way around to far less effect than those horses and riders did as I was trying to keep time with them.  Loved the music and the horses dancing!  I've never seen a Kur event before, but it was brilliant!

Still can't call what I loved the best, I just loved all of it really!

And I'm really looking forward to the Paralympics!

I thought your post would be quite long! :D Great post whyoh and indeed - bring on the Paralympics!
      MsGerrard
      Re: Best moment of London 2012?
      Reply #24: Aug 15, 2012 08:39:00 pm
      Too many to chose from!  Seriously, way too many.

Jade Jones, only because I'm from just down the road from her, North Wales GOLD!  Don't get to say that too often!  Well proud of the little lass!

The cycling as always, but that's one of my favourite sports ever.  Brilliant performances across the board!

Ben Ainslee, what a star, would not give up his position as top dog!

Andy Murray!  Top of the tree at last!  Well in Andy!

Rowing, F**k me, that's a tough sport.  I had the opportunity once in uni to take part in a regatta, it was so hard!  And even worse, we trained with them for a few sessions after.  Those guys are seriously strong!  And that was just at a "low" level.  Hats off to all the rowers, and especially the GB ones who once again brought an awful lot of the goodies home!  Most successful team according to the BBC!

Away from the Brits (and no disrespect intended because I don't know the athlete's names), I loved seeing that Ugandan lad winning the marathon, Usain doing the business closely followed by Blake.  The German throwing lad that jumped over the hurdles celebrating his win :D  The American women breaking the 4x100m relay record.   David Rudisha breaking the men's 800m WR!  Fantastic efforts in the pool, Michael Phelps becoming the greatest Olympian ever!

Back to the Brits. Beth Tweddle and Louis Smith, was delighted for them.  And the canoeists, the shooting, the judo, and the boxing.  I want to try white water canoeing, that looks sick!  I also loved the boxing, first time ever for women in the games and GB and Ireland come away with golds.  Fantastic! And the men were boss too! That 45 minutes on that Saturday night, Jess, Greg and Mo, superstars!  And not forgetting the Brownlee brothers!  Too many to mention.

And, for me, the equestrian events brought huge delight!  Nick Skelton and the show-jumping team riding their laps of honour pretty much summed up the games for me, the sheer delight they showed as they rode around and around the arena at Greenwich was just F***ing boss!  I've never watched dressage before, I always dismissed it as ponies "plinky-plonking" their way around the arena, how wrong was I?  I plinky-plonked my way around to far less effect than those horses and riders did as I was trying to keep time with them.  Loved the music and the horses dancing!  I've never seen a Kur event before, but it was brilliant!

Still can't call what I loved the best, I just loved all of it really!

And I'm really looking forward to the Paralympics!

Great post hun...+ for you xx

Quick Reply