Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

High Rope Courses / Tree Climbing Adventures

Read 3345 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      High Rope Courses / Tree Climbing Adventures
      Aug 14, 2012 08:04:34 pm
      Anybody tried this before?

Tried it for the first time on Sunday and loved it! Went with the wife and a couple of friends, we all had a fantastic time!

For those who don't know, it's basically a bunch of obstacle courses, but high up in the tree tops. You're constantly attached to safety lines for security reasons, but many of the obstacles are based on balance and you have a genuine fear of falling, especially when you're 10-12 metres in the air!

I was pleased because we managed to complete three courses, quite tricky ones, although there were two higher levelled ones we obviously didn't try, the last one had only ever been completed by 8 people!  :o

I think the hardest (psychologically) obstacle I managed was a "Tarzan" swing, where I had to attach myself to the life line leaning off a kind of diving board, before grabbing a rope and jumping out into the air then swinging out across into a net.

Even knowing I was attached, it was still pretty scary making the leap!

We're planning on taking the boys (6 and 8 years old) soon, to try some of the junior courses, I'm sure they'll love it!

A couple of pics:

And a zip line video:

Super Drou-Drou
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Re: High Rope Courses / Tree Climbing Adventures
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2012 08:24:54 pm
      Looks great; I'd be interested if anyone's been to any centres in the North West.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2012 08:32:27 pm
      Looks great; I'd be interested if anyone's been to any centres in the North West.

Had a quick Google before to post, since I wasn't sure of some of the terminology in English! :D

I saw there was a centre in Snowdonia, could be good for you?

http://www.ttadventure.co.uk/
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2012 08:52:02 pm
      Cheers, Ayrton. We'll see if anyone's got some good feedback from there and I'll have a browse of the website.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2012 10:05:00 pm
      I remember JD did something very similar a couple of years ago, he gave it the thumbs up if I remember correctly.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2012 10:25:58 pm
      There's something like that called Go-Ape in the UK ayrton.

http://goape.co.uk/

I have zero head for heights, just looking at the pics makes me feel sick!  But some friends of mine have done it and they loved it, with little ones too, a great day out from what I've heard (as long as you have a head for heights!)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2012 11:26:41 pm
      I think that's what JD did, I'm a bit like you hun, not really got a head for heights, although I did go on the London Eye not long ago, which I loved.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #7: Aug 18, 2012 10:21:11 pm
      I think that's what JD did, I'm a bit like you hun, not really got a head for heights, although I did go on the London Eye not long ago, which I loved.

OMG Cas!  I loved it too but I had to stand in the middle of the car!  OT but where I work is bad, we have glass walls and we're on the fifth floor!  Fabulous views but my knees quake every time i have to go near the printer.  OT again, my worst experience was in Birmingham with work.  We were put up in a dead swanky hotel, all glass, all 20-odd floors of the f**ker with lifts on the outside, and our rooms were on the top floor.  That was not pleasant, I had to press up against the wall and crawl to the window to close the bloody curtains :D

Slightly back OT, I went on a day's activity adventure thing for a mate's 40th birthday a few years ago.  There were no high ropes involved although there may be venues that offer these as well now.  We were treated to a race through swamps in an all-terrain vehicle (not allowed to drive it though!), an assault course (not so good for those with no head for heights), a ride in a human-sized hamster ball down a hill, archery (boss!), karting (even more boss!) and quad biking!  That was a few years ago and it was such a fun day, no idea how much it would cost these days, at the time it was only about £40 each for a group of 10.  Not bad for a full day out!

Quick Reply