Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Oussama Assaidi (SC Heerenveen)

Read 13024 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Oussama Assaidi (SC Heerenveen)
      Reply #161: Aug 16, 2012 11:53:32 pm
      From Carrie Beard who knows a good bit about the Dutch League:

He's fast and zippy, a handful for a defence, he can switch it and play either wings or FW.

When he was out of the Heerenveen team there was concern they'd start to drop away from top of the league

He's no wallflower either, he brings the swag. Martin Jol + Galatasaray wanted him. Shrewd business LFC.. Bargain.
      Bier
      Reply #162: Aug 16, 2012 11:55:46 pm
      Thanks for the input bier do you think he has talent to succeed at club

He has quite a bit of raw talent. He's one of those street players, good in small spaces, tricks and stuff. He's the right type of player, but how fast he can make the step up I don't know. He lacks a bit physically, and I don't know if he has enough intensity and workrate to his game. Mentality, also not sure. At Heerenveen he's a bit selfish, wants to make things happen by himself. Does that fit into Rodger's philosophy, I don't know. But I could potentially see him get on with Suarez very well on the field. I do think if he succeeds for us, he'll be quite something.

Cheers Bier Do u think he will go straight in on the right wing were Downing is playing,Or do u think it will take him some time to adjust??

I don't know, I think he's better on the left. But I really don't know what the idea behind his signing exactly is. If I was our manager, and I'd sign Assaidi, then I wouldn't sign him to be an immediate starter. I'd sign him to be our 3rd winger, to compete with the 2 starters on both wings, and potentially start in the near future if he's able to step up. His fee kind of justifies that role too. Not just his fee, but his wages should be really low too. But I wouldn't be comfortable to depend on him. But if you'd have to pick between Downing and Assaidi then Assaidi would probably start pretty soon. It's really hard to say how fast a player like him adjusts to a more physical demanding and higher paced league.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 12:08:31 am by Bier »
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #163: Aug 17, 2012 12:04:11 am
      Why didnt we straight swap Downing hes worth 3 million. Seriously this is becoming a joke. Belhanda is the only decent Morrocan ive heard of?

Nabil El Zhar :D
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #164: Aug 17, 2012 12:36:43 am
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #165: Aug 17, 2012 01:22:31 am
      Amazing,wouldn't it be nice if all the signings are completed like this.You just wake up and find out that we have signed a player and then post 20 pages about him rather than create 40 pages for players like Villa,Silav,Aguero et al in vain.

Anyways seems like the kind of signing we have been crying out for.Let's hope him and Suarez have some fun on the field.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #166: Aug 17, 2012 01:35:17 am
      His entire 3M fee will be worth it if he score a backheel goal winner at Old Trafford like the one in his youtube vids.  :lmao:
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #167: Aug 17, 2012 01:53:52 am
      Supposed to have been recomended to Rodgers by Suarez during his contract talks, don't know how true that is.

Could be true, Suarez knows quality when he sees one.
      rejliverpool
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #168: Aug 17, 2012 02:02:59 am
      Lets put it this way.  he is very fast and after watching a few youtube clips, he seems quite skillful.  Now Walcott is very fast but not that skillful but walcott has prem experience and last season he acheived 20+ goals and assists(est).

If this guy can give us have as much of Walcott did for Arsenal then I would say its a bargain but we won't know until we see him play.

Good luck fella, we'll be supporting ya!!!
      khawja
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #169: Aug 17, 2012 06:35:05 am
      This looks like a great piece of business by BR! I think for 3 million, he is bought more as a cover on our right hand side( for the departure of Maxi, Kuyt etc). Looks like a tricky winger. We are buying the right people for a change. Players that fit into our strategy!
      Who knows he could turn out into a great player *fingers crossed*
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #170: Aug 17, 2012 07:15:46 am
      Like almost everyone else I know very little about the fella but anything or anyone which can bring about genuine competition for places and a bit more depth can only be a good thing.

Like every other player his signing will be a bit of a gamble but you need to gamble and keep moving to stay ahead in this game. Could end up being a Ronaldo or a Babel but it should be fun finding out.

Welcome Oussama.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #171: Aug 17, 2012 07:50:22 am
      I  have seen lots of videos of this guy at 3 million thats a steal,playing in europe must have done him a lot of good. Amazing dribbler,its important liverpool have depth because of all the injuries that take place. That has hurt us in the past,sure he can score more goals than downing. He is young thats another good thing as he might be not at his peak yet.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #172: Aug 17, 2012 08:01:43 am
      Don't you blokes play fifa :P this lad is a beast on it !!!
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #173: Aug 17, 2012 08:06:24 am
      Was going to say he reminds me a bit of Hatem Ben Arfa from those videos.

Was thinking the same thing myself.

He certainly possesses that we are missing in the squad - pace, trickery and the bravery to take players on.

Love the fact that no one saw this coming. Maybe we should all just take a chill pill and ignore all the internet bolloz from here on in! The twitter bullsh...it merchants look like total idiots after this deal!
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #174: Aug 17, 2012 08:11:01 am
      Not alone in knowing nothing about this lad - but for that price really not much of a gamble.  He seems to have pace in which we are lacking and cannot be much worse than some of last years new faces, so not a lot to lose.  Looking forward to seeing him in action.
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #175: Aug 17, 2012 09:05:23 am
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #176: Aug 17, 2012 11:20:32 am
      Oussama Assaidi Stats ! 2010-2012

Bier
      Reply #177: Aug 17, 2012 11:34:55 am
      Those minutes should be the other way around, he played less last season than the one before.

That's one of my concerns. Not sure if his body can handle a full season in the EPL. Hope I'm wrong there.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #178: Aug 17, 2012 12:09:34 pm
      Time will tell if he's made for the prem. Everyone is talking him up in the media, I hope the lad becomes a star for us
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #179: Aug 17, 2012 01:06:20 pm
      Ajax coach Frank De Boer: "No secret we were interested in Assaidi. It is unfortunate that he goes to Liverpool.''
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #180: Aug 17, 2012 01:07:39 pm
      Those minutes should be the other way around, he played less last season than the one before.

That's one of my concerns. Not sure if his body can handle a full season in the EPL. Hope I'm wrong there.

He missed few games at the end of last season due to back injury.
      Bier
      Reply #181: Aug 17, 2012 01:32:09 pm
      Ajax coach Frank De Boer: "No secret we were interested in Assaidi. It is unfortunate that he goes to Liverpool.''
      Yep. It was a money issue. Ajax and Heerenveen had come to an agreement quite a while ago, but Ajax weren't willing to pay the wages Assaidi wanted. Then we suddenly came back in for him. We had shown interest few months ago already, when Assaidi was dealing with Galatasaray too, but never went in for him at that time.

He missed few games at the end of last season due to back injury.
      His back problems started in november already actually. He was out most of december, january and february. But in february he had problems with his achilles. Even Heerenveen's assistant manager came out saying yesterday that he has concerns about whether Assaidi will hold up physically at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 01:45:36 pm by Bier »
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #182: Aug 17, 2012 03:01:35 pm
      Jimmy Rice ‏@JimmyRiceWriter
      Some great content to be published on http://Liverpoolfc.com in the next five minutes... #LFC

Presume it's to do with Assaidi
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #183: Aug 17, 2012 03:04:02 pm
      Player thread should be reopened deal done and medical passed!

Quick Reply