Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club

Read 60527 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,207 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club
      Aug 16, 2012 08:40:39 pm
      LFC complete Assaidi transfer
      Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Oussama Assaidi from Dutch side SC Heerenveen.

The 24-year-old winger passed a medical at Melwood before signing a long-term deal with the club.

Assaidi, who has represented Morocco 22 times, told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm very happy to play for this big club. The first time I spoke to the coach I had a good feeling. I had offers from other big clubs but I've been waiting for this moment.

"The coach gave me a good feeling. It will be a dream to play with these big players and I hope training will help me to be a good player here.

"When I watch Liverpool it's always a good atmosphere, the fans are fantastic and I'm happy to be here."

Assaidi scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie.

He becomes Brendan Rodgers' third signing as Reds boss following the arrivals of Fabio Borini and Joe Allen.

Rodgers said: "We're delighted with the signing, he's a young player who has done very well, in particular in the last couple of seasons, in Holland.

"He fits our style perfectly, he's an exciting player who is very good in one versus one situations and I think he's a player that will excite the crowd.

"We're not expecting too much too early, he needs time to adapt but we're delighted he's chosen to come here over a number of other clubs.

"As I said, I'll look forward to helping his development and I hope he'll become a very good part of this club."

Official

Welcome to Liverpool Oussama Assaidi.

24 year old Morocco winger.  Has 22 caps and 1 goal for his antional side. 3 million quid signing from Dutch side Herenveen. Could be a bargain!!

Lets hope he's a step up on El Zahr!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2015 09:49:24 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Oussama Assaidi Player Thread
      Reply #1: Aug 16, 2012 08:42:16 pm
      Has he had the medical now?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2: Aug 16, 2012 08:48:36 pm
      Needs to pass a Medical first, not an LFC player yet as I understand.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-agree-deal-for-winger

Liverpool Football Club have reached an agreement with SC Heerenveen for the transfer of winger Oussama Assaidi, subject to the player passing a medical.

The 24-year-old, who has scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie, will now undergo a medical at Melwood.

Topic put on hold.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #3: Aug 17, 2012 03:04:04 pm
      LFC complete Assaidi transfer
      Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Oussama Assaidi from Dutch side SC Heerenveen.

The 24-year-old winger passed a medical at Melwood before signing a long-term deal with the club.

Assaidi, who has represented Morocco 22 times, told Liverpoolfc.com: "I'm very happy to play for this big club. The first time I spoke to the coach I had a good feeling. I had offers from other big clubs but I've been waiting for this moment.

"The coach gave me a good feeling. It will be a dream to play with these big players and I hope training will help me to be a good player here.

"When I watch Liverpool it's always a good atmosphere, the fans are fantastic and I'm happy to be here."

Assaidi scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen in the Dutch Eredivisie.

He becomes Brendan Rodgers' third signing as Reds boss following the arrivals of Fabio Borini and Joe Allen.

Rodgers said: "We're delighted with the signing, he's a young player who has done very well, in particular in the last couple of seasons, in Holland.

"He fits our style perfectly, he's an exciting player who is very good in one versus one situations and I think he's a player that will excite the crowd.

"We're not expecting too much too early, he needs time to adapt but we're delighted he's chosen to come here over a number of other clubs.

"As I said, I'll look forward to helping his development and I hope he'll become a very good part of this club."
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lfc-complete-assaidi-transfer
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #4: Aug 17, 2012 03:05:30 pm
      10 facts about Oussama Assaidi

Oussama Assaidi signed in as a Liverpool player today – here are 10 things you mightn't know about our new boy...

1. Assaidi is right footed. He can play on either wing or through the middle.

2. The forward wore the 22 shirt at Heerenveen, but that number is currently taken at Anfield by young Danny Wilson.

3. He could have played for Holland having moved there aged three and coming through the youth ranks at AZ - however, he decided to stay loyal to his country of birth and made his international debut in 2011.

4. Assaidi's decision to play for Morocco means he could be absent between January 19 and February 10, if they qualify for the African Cup of Nations.

5. Though noted for his trickery, he is also recognised as someone who works extremely hard for the team. In fact, international boss Eric Gerets once told Adel Taarabt when he left him out for Morocco: "Watch (Assaidi) and you'll figure why you're not in the team."

6. The wide man scored 20 goals in 68 appearances for Heerenveen.

7. Three of those came in one game against then reigning champions FC Twente. The game ended 6-2 and our latest signing had a part in all six goals, also claiming two assists and winning a penalty.

8. Assaidi turned 24 on Wednesday and shares a birthday with a few familiar names - Gillespie (American politician Ed Gillespie, not Gary), Aldridge (American musician Tommy Aldridge, not John) and Evans (golfer Jon Evans, not Roy).

9. His FIFA 2012 profile gives him 91/100 for acceleration, 90/100 for agility and 86/100 dribbling. The area he needs to work on - if the football console is to be believed - is slide tackling, at which they rate him 24/100.

10. Assaidi will become the second Moroccan to have played for Liverpool after Nabil El Zhar.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/10-facts-about-oussama-assaidi
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Aug 17, 2012 03:10:16 pm
      Welcome Assaidi. Work hard mate. YNWA
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #6: Aug 17, 2012 03:10:22 pm
      New signing Oussama Assaidi will wear the No.11 shirt vacated by Maxi Rodriguez - and you can now get his jersey in our online store.

The winger passed a medical and signed a long-term deal on Friday and was quick to select his new number.

The shirt has previously been worn by Graeme Souness, Ian Callaghan and Steve McMahon.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Aug 17, 2012 03:10:35 pm
      Welcome to LFC, Assaidi!

He'll wear number 11
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #8: Aug 17, 2012 03:12:04 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool!
      Bier
      Reply #9: Aug 17, 2012 03:12:24 pm
      Welkom Oussama!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Aug 17, 2012 03:13:17 pm
      Welcome to the club.
      11. Very nice.

Edit:

Couple of things though...

Youtube video on the offal and FIFA 12 stats on his facts page.
      Err what the F**k?
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2012 03:28:05 pm by racerx34 »
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Aug 17, 2012 03:13:53 pm
      Welcome to the club Oussama. Best of luck. Try your best, that is all we ask.

:)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #12: Aug 17, 2012 03:15:17 pm
      Welcome to Anfield, Oussama!

Excited about this one.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #13: Aug 17, 2012 03:15:57 pm
      Welcome to the club Oussama. Hope ya enjoy it! :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #14: Aug 17, 2012 03:16:11 pm
      Welcome, YNWA!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 257 
      Reply #15: Aug 17, 2012 03:21:55 pm
      Welcome Oussama !
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #16: Aug 17, 2012 03:24:17 pm
      Welcome to the best club in the world Oussama!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Aug 17, 2012 03:26:29 pm
      Welcome Oussama, actually pretty excited about him playing for us, his price for me is irrelevant, he seems like an energetic young player with the ability to keep the ball close to him like Joe Cole had, hope he has a big part to play for us.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Aug 17, 2012 03:30:52 pm
      Welcome Oussama.

Reminds me of Bellamy this lad, lets hope he's as good.
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #19: Aug 17, 2012 03:47:15 pm
      Welcome Oussama
      Bier
      Reply #20: Aug 17, 2012 03:56:09 pm
      Still a kid here, recorded in the neighbourhood he grew up in in Amsterdam:

Assaidi: Straatvoetballer bij Superboeren

Street skills!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #21: Aug 17, 2012 03:58:00 pm
      At least he has flair and imagination, something we have lacked for years now in our wingers.

For £3m though, I don't think people should expect miracles. If he turns out to be a good squad player or exciting sub then we should be happy with that.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #22: Aug 17, 2012 03:58:39 pm
      Welcome to Liverpool Oussama

Quick Reply