Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Summer 2012.... Who Goes and Where Do We Need To Strengthen?

Read 13701 times
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Re: Summer 2012.... Who Goes and Where Do We Need To Strengthen?
      Reply #115: Jul 28, 2012 10:36:44 am
      Yevhen Konoplyanka 2011-2012 [HD] by Nazar Bilusyak

I would get him. Showed wonderful skill on Euro's and looks like he's going to Napoli.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #116: Jul 28, 2012 10:55:17 am
      Yevhen Konoplyanka 2011-2012 [HD] by Nazar Bilusyak

I would get him. Showed wonderful skill on Euro's and looks like he's going to Napoli.

FM 12 legend :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #117: Aug 04, 2012 11:03:41 pm
      On the presumption that Allen is coming then I think it could be the end of Spearo and although it's a shame I just don't think he is ever going to be good enough to play a major part in getting us to where we want to be. I'd move him and Adam on as any game time Adam would be getting should be given to Shelvey IMO.

Priority one for me is attack.

Up front needs strengthening something rotten. Only if we got another two up there would I even start considering letting the likes of Carroll go. With Kuyt and Maxi gone its very bare up in the final third for me and it really does need beefing up, dangerous game letting anybody else go.

I've also got concerns about Left Back. Jack Robinson is a good talent but is he ready to be pushing Enrique for a start? I don't think he is and some real competition for a place may be what Enrique needs. Not too sure about the creative aspect of Enrique's play either. This area just seems a bit weak to me anyway and even if Enrique is on top of his game is there enough depth there?

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #118: Aug 04, 2012 11:56:10 pm
      At the Senegal vs Mexico game today Papa Souare was a tank
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #119: Aug 05, 2012 12:07:30 am
      Well less than 4 weeks left of this window and I am becoming nervous about our squad for next year, the attacking wide options we have at the club are alarming. If you were to write down creativity as a number the level in squad is, I feel, at an all time low and this simply has to be addressed. How or who is a harder question but Brendan better have something lined up and pretty damn quick or this could be one of the toughest years we have to endure and the initial optimism of Rodgers signing is fading into dread.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #120: Aug 05, 2012 12:21:44 am
      On the presumption that Allen is coming then I think it could be the end of Spearo and although it's a shame I just don't think he is ever going to be good enough to play a major part in getting us to where we want to be. I'd move him and Adam on as any game time Adam would be getting should be given to Shelvey IMO.

Priority one for me is attack.

Up front needs strengthening something rotten. Only if we got another two up there would I even start considering letting the likes of Carroll go. With Kuyt and Maxi gone its very bare up in the final third for me and it really does need beefing up, dangerous game letting anybody else go.

I've also got concerns about Left Back. Jack Robinson is a good talent but is he ready to be pushing Enrique for a start? I don't think he is and some real competition for a place may be what Enrique needs. Not too sure about the creative aspect of Enrique's play either. This area just seems a bit weak to me anyway and even if Enrique is on top of his game is there enough depth there?

Good post , I agree with everything apart from Adam.  I still think Adam could have a role as a squad player,he has shown he can create chances even if he can't tackle, shown that while he may not fit into Brendan's "tika taka" he may be a reasonable plan "b" who can come on and create something when we are struggling for goals even with our 99% possession :)

Obviously if we get a good offer we will most likely take it, but I wouldn't be looking to push him out the door.

Like you said though we need a top quality striker (or two if possible), certainly two if Carroll does go, and that would be my number one priority.   

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #121: Aug 05, 2012 09:43:15 am
      Good post , I agree with everything apart from Adam.  I still think Adam could have a role as a squad player,he has shown he can create chances even if he can't tackle, shown that while he may not fit into Brendan's "tika taka" he may be a reasonable plan "b" who can come on and create something

It would be between him and Cole for me and you can't help thinking what we could use Cole's wages on.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #122: Aug 13, 2012 11:36:40 am
      Hoping we see a couple more attacking options come in, especially in the form of an 'out and out' goal getter.

Also, I think the LB position could be a weakness for us, Enrique for me is okay but I think we should be looking at someone to push him a bit for that starting berth. IMO Robinson is not ready to step up as 'The' second choice and certainly not first choice just yet. Would be a lot of pressure on the lad if Enrique was out injured for a period of time.
      KobeWorst
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 458 posts | 12 
      Reply #123: Aug 14, 2012 03:40:19 pm
      Hoping we see a couple more attacking options come in, especially in the form of an 'out and out' goal getter.

Also, I think the LB position could be a weakness for us, Enrique for me is okay but I think we should be looking at someone to push him a bit for that starting berth. IMO Robinson is not ready to step up as 'The' second choice and certainly not first choice just yet. Would be a lot of pressure on the lad if Enrique was out injured for a period of time.

I'm not sure abou Enrique, lb is a hard postion to judge, it seems unless your Cashley then you aren't quite good enough
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #124: Aug 14, 2012 04:27:49 pm
      keep hold of Agger, bring in another wide player such as Tello, bring in Dempsey and I'll be fairly happy with the club's business this window.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #125: Aug 17, 2012 05:15:52 pm
       As we're yet to finish our summer transfer business in terms of INS and OUTS according to BR, that's what I can see happen till the end of August:
       In terms of players leaving, Adam, Doni, Carroll, Jones, Cole and Pacheco (the last 2 less likely although the arrival of Assaidi means something there) are on top of the list.
       I can see some activity in the other end also, with the likes of Sahin, Dempsey, Walcott and that Wolves keeper the most talked about targets.
      DirtyRed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #126: Aug 21, 2012 01:46:44 am

Jordan Rhodes at Huddersfield Town scores a lot of goals - more than one every two games.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #127: Aug 21, 2012 11:45:19 am
      If we are going to offload Carroll, I think BR is deffo looking to do that at all costs, then I think Dempsey is the one we should be looking at to get in. We will then have players who can switch between positions when needed. Dempsey, Borini and Suarez can play anywhere along the forward 3. We then have Downing and Assaidi who can cover the wing positions. I really do feel sorry for big Andy but he is a striker who is used to playing a certain way. I would have no doubts in keeping him here but would he want to be just used from the bench.

I think Cole should go he is not going to be anything but a drain on our wage bill. To me it looks like he had to give it a go over in France last season just to save face and not let people say that he,s a has been. Now that hes back at LFC he is thinking to himself he can relax a bit because he knows while he is here we are stupid enough to just cough up his wages every week. I think what happens with Cole will depend on the Sahin situation. If we dont get him then I think Cole will have to stay.

We do need to beef up the squad a bit though with all this talk of players leaving. I hope hendo will be used sparingly, not because I think hes crap its because he was shoved in at the deep end last season. We might see the same from Allen this season though I hope not. I dont think we should be rushing Lucas back either. We all know what happened last season when we lost him.

The window is,nt closed yet so I,m willing to wait and see what we,ve got on 1st September and then scrutinise.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #128: Aug 21, 2012 02:46:26 pm
      If we could raise 20 mil from the sales of Andy, Adam and Cole, I hope we bring in Kevin Gameiro of PSG and of course, Dempsey for that amount plus possibly Sahin on loan, as rumours are that Arsenal could sign M'vila now.

In Gameiro, we have that versatility and pace-over-the-first-few-yards that BR looks for in an attacking player!
      Give that new deal to Dagger and I would say this has been a successful window, only need to convert that on the field
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #129: Aug 21, 2012 04:36:47 pm
      I really like the look of Gameiro from what I've seen of him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #130: Aug 21, 2012 04:50:12 pm
      Dont care if we have to go top Mars but we need a goal scorer who can score 20 plus league goals.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #131: Aug 21, 2012 08:51:59 pm
      I really like the look of Gameiro from what I've seen of him.

I like him a lot too. Think he makes the perfect target for us. Still young, proven goal scorer and seems to be on the outside at PSG
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #132: Aug 21, 2012 09:29:42 pm
      Dont care if we have to go top Mars but we need a goal scorer who can score 20 plus league goals.

So true...

The scummers have potentially got four, and one their doing an "Andy" on..

We deffo need an out and out...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #133: Aug 22, 2012 05:07:57 am
      Still think we need another body up front. A goal scorer hungry to succeed. Leandro Damiao for me! Would cost a fair whack though and we'd probably have to sell a few to accommodative him like.

He was so good at the Olympics. Has everything a prem striker needs to do well. 
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #134: Aug 22, 2012 05:41:13 am
      Still think we need another body up front. A goal scorer hungry to succeed. Leandro Damiao for me! Would cost a fair whack though and we'd probably have to sell a few to accommodative him like.

He was so good at the Olympics. Has everything a prem striker needs to do well.

If he's available, top clubs will be there for him for sure. No chance of him coming to us without CL

Quick Reply