Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Spoilers. Movie Discussion Thread.

Read 3636 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Spoilers. Movie Discussion Thread.
      Jul 24, 2012 05:16:02 pm
      Discussion by exile.

We'll start tonight.
      Bier
      Re: Spoilers. Movie Discussion Thread.
      Reply #1: Jul 24, 2012 05:22:10 pm
      Bit of a risky thread this. I mean, nobody has seen all movies, how do you know which movies are being discussed. :P Don't we have those fold out spoiler things on this forum?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2: Jul 24, 2012 05:24:56 pm
      Bit of a risky thread this. I mean, nobody has seen all movies, how do you know which movies are being discussed. :P Don't we have those fold out spoiler things on this forum?

Maybe it could be done cryptically? See if people guess.

Like..

The kids a ghost..

It sinks..
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #3: Jul 24, 2012 05:27:31 pm

Nope, we don't.  But, you can change the colour of the text to white so for example you could do these ones.

Movie: Titanic
      Spoiler: The ship sinks

That way unless you're actively looking for the spoiler/highlight it with your cursor, you can see the movie which is being discussed, decide whether or not if you want it spoiled then do so (or not, depending on what flavour you prefer).

Just use {color=white}SPOILER TEXT{/color} around the spoiler.  Obviously, you'll need to replace all the { with [ when you want to do it for real.

edit: Spoiler tags would be nice though, save us having to get creative otherwise.

Not 100% sure if this would work for people who browse the forum on their phones though...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Aug 01, 2012 04:07:25 am
      Not 100% sure if this would work for people who browse the forum on their phones though...

It works in the sense that the spoiler doesn't show but highlighting it doesn't make it show either (Android). I found that by highlighting it and then selecting 'Web Search' from the menu, it pastes the spoiler into the Google search bar, not going to be doing that every time though! At least you won't ruin any films for mobile browsers.

So with regards to The Dark Knight Rises, it was a good film all-in-all but [SPOILER->]I found it a bit daft the way that Bruce Wayne manages to recover so quickly from a broken back (even if we ignore that fact he could barely walk at the start of the film then with the help of a bionic leg brace, can leap through the air kicking the sh*t out of people). Ruined it a bit for me.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #5: Aug 12, 2012 06:54:40 am
      I feel 'The Dark Knight Rises' would have been better suited as being the second film in the trilogy but understand Heath's death forced a lot of rewriting. Don't know how true it is but heard the script was roughly drafted before Heath's death with the Joker at least understood to have played the Scarecrow's role but would have obviously been bigger.

Perhaps pointless speculating (possible spoilers)...but I have a feeling the Joker would have indirectly assisted Batman vs Bane for the following reasons. As is canon the Joker needs the Batman as without him he lacks a sense of purpose. This is hinted at in 'the Dark Knight', "You complete me", "I don't want to kill you", "You're too much fun." Perhaps a little crass but had Heath have lived I think we would have seen a similar film but the Joker originally being part of Bane's revolution then turning to help the Batman as he doesn't like not being the centre of attention and he doesn't want the Batman to die or Gotham  to explode in a quick flash. As I say pure speculation but think that'd have been great if done carefully so the Joker still maintained his edge and his thirst for control. I have too much time on my hands! End of speculation.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2012 06:34:41 am
      I heard a brief review of The Dark Knight Rises on the radio the other day as they were going through the film chart and they mentioned a rumour that is doing the rounds:

(spoiler)->
      Most critics and many fans agree that the film should have ended a few seconds earlier, without seeing Bruce. Apparently, Christopher Nolan had the same idea, similar to Inception where it is left up to the viewer to decide whether the spinning top falls or not. It was actually the film company that insisted on that final scene.
      I have to agree with the critics (and if rumours are true, Nolan), it would have made for a better ending if they'd left it open.
      <-
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2012 06:38:57 am
      I'd believe that. Would have been a much better ending.
      Then you'd maybe rework the rest of that scene.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2012 10:06:05 am
      I'd have preferred:

At the end you see Alfred at a restaurant.
      He bumps into a woman. She is wearing a tight black dress and a hat.
      You only get to see her from the back...

Alfred apologises but the woman carries on.

He gets a cup of tea and heads for a table.
      As he sits down he feels something in his inner jacket pocket.
      He reaches in to his pocket and pulls out a white envelope with his name on it.

Alfred looks up, pauses, nods his head and smiles.

That's how I would have ended it and still had the bosses happy with their
      happy ending for Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.

Of course the old man could be just losing his mind...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Aug 28, 2012 03:54:02 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/embed/fLyoog562x4
      How The Dark Knight Rises
      should have ended.
      Spoiler, etc etc.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10: Aug 28, 2012 03:58:40 pm
      Discussion by exile.

We'll start tonight.

And there was me on July 24th having my tea and my ears were burning, now I know why.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #11: Aug 28, 2012 04:00:33 pm
      And there was me on July 24th having my tea and my ears were burning, now I know why.

Then it turned out only myself and Rep watched/liked it.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Aug 29, 2012 06:33:53 pm
      The ending was OK. Feel good.

Spoiler:

Personally I felt the final 20-30 minutes were so incredibly rushed. I understand Talia Al Goul's inclusion as a villain, but it should have been more prominent. It was basically "hey I'm Raz Al Goul's daughter ha ha oops I'm dead." And don't get me started on how Bane went out. He deserved a better death than "shot in the face unexpectedly by Catwoman."

As far as the Inception-type ending, I was POSITIVE we were headed in that direction (the spinning totem). Hell, I still think it COULD be argued that the last bit was all in Alfred's head, given that there's hardly a chance Bruce Wayne would know exactly which coffee shop to go to.

Quick Reply