Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mancs at it again

Read 37999 times
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Mancs at it again
      Aug 21, 2012 10:20:02 am
      I was back at the flat last night, following the Everton V Man U match on twitter, when reports over twitter saying that the Mancs where singing songs again about Hillsborough.   I just wonder if this can be confirmed, if so, then its a complete disgrace and i hope the FA will take action against the club for not controlling there supporter.  This has happened with Rangers and Celtic and they got fined for it.

What else is also alarming is the Phil McNulty from the BBC commented on twitter on how it was good to here the anti scouse banter going on from the Man U fans.  If there was Hillsborough chants going on then i hiope the BBC will take action against him.  I know know on twitter his account was getting bombarded by people complaining, i myself sent 2 and i know someone has already complained to the BBC.

Feels to me that if it was ourselves doing it, we would be headlines in the papers and all over the news.

I know there is a rivalry between us, and the hatred is there, but i have never heard any chants about the terrible loss they had a Munich (my Dads great Uncle was on the plane as a Journo). 

This cannot go on, 96 innocent Liverpool fans went to see there hereos play and never came back, families and supporters are still waiting for justice.  But the FA and the media feel its okay to allow clubs to chant about Hillsborough. 

Did Chelsea ever get brought up to the FA for not controlling there fans, when there was a minutes silence?  No nothing was done, no apologies nothing.  If Liverpool had done that we would of had the book thrown at us.

This has to stop.  More boycotting needs to be done, boycott away grounds who's fans chant Hillsborough obsenities.  The FA needs to be bombarded until they take action against these idiots.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Mancs at it again
      Reply #1: Aug 21, 2012 10:54:28 am
      Saw a lot on twitter about that last night.
      Apparently they were singing:

" If it wasn't for scousers we'd be able to stand "

There was another one but I'm reluctant to post it.

I think it was confirmed by Richard Buxton that the song pre-dates
      United having their seating allocation reduced.

So if your a c**t of a fan, don't sing racist songs, sing about parents
      losing their kids at a football game. c**t.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Aug 21, 2012 11:59:14 am
      *Scum at it again

Needs some action, which probably won't happen.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #3: Aug 21, 2012 12:49:41 pm
      I seen Liam Tomkins on twitter saying that if United spent some time getting behind their own team and chanting about people who've died, they might have played a bit better. Didn't know what it was about until now.

Shocking how grown men can do such a despicable thing.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #4: Aug 21, 2012 12:51:57 pm
      A small minority of our fans sing munich songs.
      I know because I was sat next to a couple of them who were at it. I told them to stop it and one of them threatened me.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #5: Aug 21, 2012 12:52:40 pm
      A small minority of our fans sing munich songs.
      I know because I was sat next to a couple of them who were at it. I told them to stop it and one of them threatened me.

They have been singing it for years.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #6: Aug 21, 2012 01:01:33 pm
      They have been singing it for years.

Yep, doesn't make it right though, and I think the OP mentioned that he'd never heard it sung, but I've heard it loads of times.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #7: Aug 21, 2012 01:18:30 pm
      The games I have been at, i have never heard anything, heard a few racist chants, but they were dealt with quickly.

I agree that there are a minority of Liverpool fans who sing about it, no club is perfect, but to have the Man Ure concentrate more of slating Hillsborough than they do on there own team is a complete joke.  But hey ho they are the darlings on the media and can do no wrong.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Aug 21, 2012 01:41:02 pm
      I can't talk about it because I wasn't watching or listening to the match.

I'm sure that the majority of Manchester United fans are very respectful but sadly there will always be morbid individuals who get into these games.

It's probably the most horrible factor about football. It's everywhere, but I don't believe it to be as big an issue as other countries. In Italy you get Juventus fans taunting Torino fans over the Superga air disaster in 1949 which wiped out one of the most talented teams ever. Feyenoord fans taunt Ajax fans (who have a large Jewish supporting contingent) with Holocaust chants. It's a very sick side of football.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #9: Aug 21, 2012 01:44:40 pm
      I'm hearing that the Everton fans started chanting "Justice For The 96" after the mancs were singing about Hillsborough.

Anyone able to confirm this?

If it's true fair play to them!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Aug 21, 2012 02:17:41 pm
      I'm hearing that the Everton fans started chanting "Justice For The 96" after the mancs were singing about Hillsborough.

Anyone able to confirm this?

If it's true fair play to them!

Quite a few respected reds have mentioned that it was sung in response to the Manc's Hillsborough chants.
      Respect.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #11: Aug 21, 2012 02:40:18 pm
      Enough of this "Evenly spread around the fanbases" nonsense in regards to the idiots who start these chants. Thats bullshit.

The amount of gobs***e LFC fans who chant about Munich arn't even comparable in numbers to the United fans who seem to take pride in chanting in reference to Hillsborough, and thats not to say I condone the idiotic nature of some LFC fans behavior.  But we're not talking a handful of Mancs here, we're talking thousands, at every away trip, at every f**king game. I even recall the majority of Old trafford giving it the "Always the victim, its never your fault" sh*te on the anniversary of Hillsborough earlier this year. Its a f**king disgrace and something needs to be done about it to stop this knuckle dragging idiots spewing their bile.

To the Everton fans who sang JFT96 in response to the Scum's chants last night. Class. Not that it should come as a surprise to anyone, as the majority of Evertonians have been fantastic since the tragedy and will continue to be so.

« Last Edit: Aug 21, 2012 03:10:01 pm by Dannylfc »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12: Aug 21, 2012 03:29:23 pm
      Absolute class by the Evertonians chanting JFT96. Very very classy.

United will undoubtedly claim it is in reference to their lower allocation at Goodison and Anfield because of their habit of violating code by standing in aisles. But they're not fooling anyone. There's a reason they are the most hated fan base in football, and their distinct lack of class is a massive part of it.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #13: Aug 21, 2012 03:50:51 pm
      Respect for the Everton fans.

Yet when anything goes against them they are first to complain.  Look at the Suarez situation, FA could get stuck in quick enough.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #14: Aug 21, 2012 09:05:17 pm
      As if it needs more needle come the 23rd September.

Havent you heard "They're Man United..they do want they want"

tw*ts!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #15: Aug 22, 2012 02:06:36 pm
      As if it needs more needle come the 23rd September.

Havent you heard "They're Man United..they do want they want"

tw*ts!

Yawn

We were taking the piss out of this two years ago after some of their fans got slapped around town!!

"They're Man Utd, they'll do what they're told"
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Aug 22, 2012 02:12:38 pm
      Yawn

We were taking the piss out of this two years ago after some of their fans got slapped around town!!

"They're Man Utd, they'll do what they're told"

Remember the pictures of them lined up nice and orderly behind the police.
      Lovely bunch really...
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #17: Aug 22, 2012 02:20:28 pm
      So many things in this thread that I agree with.

They really are a despicable group of fans and it's no wonder they're so disliked.

Respect to the Everton fans who sang justice for the 96.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Aug 22, 2012 02:20:59 pm
      Enough of this "Evenly spread around the fanbases" nonsense in regards to the idiots who start these chants. Thats bullshit.

The amount of gobs***e LFC fans who chant about Munich arn't even comparable in numbers to the United fans who seem to take pride in chanting in reference to Hillsborough

Correct Danny and any Red who attempts to dismiss what the scum do by referencing Munich chants needs to think again.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #19: Aug 22, 2012 03:51:33 pm
      Any fan, regardless of who they "support"...  Who tries to take a high ground or who gloats to opposing players or fans, surrounding an event where innocent people have died as a result of a F***ing ball of leather being kicked around a field. 

Is a first class, royal with cheese, arse burger, and I would gladly kick the sh*t out of them.

We need less of these cu*ts, LFC or Man United.  I hate the F***ing lot of the pricks.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,003 posts | 3351 
      Reply #20: Aug 22, 2012 04:31:28 pm
      Had a couple of mates who went the game on Monday who told me that they sang "Justice For The 96" to shut those Manc cu*ts up. And fair enough they might of but a lot of their fanbase will also sing anti-Hillsborough songs. Maybe they wanna sing "Justice For The 96" when their own fans are singing the same songs.

It's sickening that it's happening but unfortunately these incidents will continue to happen. And to my knowledge, the FA can't actually prevent people from saying/singing/chanting what they want at the ground. I suppose all they could do is fine United.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #21: Aug 22, 2012 04:52:16 pm
      You only had to watch SSN the other day when they were at Old Trafford waiting for RVP to arrive to notice the levels of stupidity that is prevalent amongst their fan base.

From their excited looks on their faces I gathered they had never seen a TV camera before and from the F***ing state of them was if they had never seen a bath either.

I had to laugh.

So yeah it's no surprise to me that stupid people behave stupidly.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22: Aug 22, 2012 05:33:38 pm
      Had a couple of mates who went the game on Monday who told me that they sang "Justice For The 96" to shut those Manc cu*ts up. And fair enough they might of but a lot of their fanbase will also sing anti-Hillsborough songs. Maybe they wanna sing "Justice For The 96" when their own fans are singing the same songs.

It's sickening that it's happening but unfortunately these incidents will continue to happen. And to my knowledge,  the FA can't actually prevent people from saying/singing/chanting what they want at the ground. I suppose all they could do is fine United.
      I wouldn't hold me F***ing breath Billy.

Quick Reply