Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Mancs at it again

Read 38055 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Mancs at it again
      Reply #299: Sep 26, 2012 11:32:46 am
      Hang on mate, lets summarize this. 

The one or two fans in the Liverpool end who did the aeroplane gesture are arseholes and deserve banning for life yes?

The god knows how many who actually sang those vile songs in the United end are arseholes and deserve banning for life yes?

We all agree on that.  So what are you chasing your tail for?

We do agree on that. As I said im just defending myself from accusations like we see from Stuey above.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #300: Sep 26, 2012 11:40:26 am
      Surely anybody, including opposition fans, in our ground are our responsibility.  The police and stewards don't just keep home fans in order so why is this any different.

I know some might say they didn't break the law but isn't there a law now about inciting hatred.  Our fan was removed from the ground by police for provoking them so why have the police decided not to investigate their actions.

I just think it's wrong that this isn't being pursued and once again they have been allowed to do what they want.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #301: Sep 26, 2012 11:42:46 am
      Surely anybody, including opposition fans, in our ground are our responsibility.  The police and stewards don't just keep home fans in order so why is this any different.

I know some might say they didn't break the law but isn't there a law now about inciting hatred.  Our fan was removed from the ground by police for provoking them so why have the police decided not to investigate their actions.

I just think it's wrong that this isn't being pursued and once again they have been allowed to do what they want.

I wonder if the club have complained about the actions after the game finished ?

lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #302: Sep 26, 2012 11:44:21 am
      I wonder if the club have complained about the actions after the game finished ?

Would that have to have been made public or could they have done it privately?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #303: Sep 26, 2012 11:46:57 am
      Would that have to have been made public or could they have done it privately?

I don't know ? These days those sort of things become public knowledge and I think because it involves members of the public it needs to be announced in the public domain.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #304: Sep 26, 2012 11:51:55 am
      Can be done privately, it'll only get out to the public via someone from either club talking to the media. I can't see the club complaining to the mancs anyway, after everything last season with Suarez/Evra, I don't think the club will want anymore bad blood.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #305: Sep 26, 2012 11:54:38 am

That's what I don't get though George.  The decision for the police not to review the CCTV footage was made fairly quickly and when I posted the link on here I asked if the Club had asked them not to pursue it.

It just doesn't seem right to me that's all, especially after Margaret Aspinall said they should be banned for life when she was told about it.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #306: Sep 26, 2012 11:56:20 am
      Can be done privately, it'll only get out to the public via someone from either club talking to the media. I can't see the club complaining to the mancs anyway, after everything last season with Suarez/Evra, I don't think the club will want anymore bad blood.

If we did it publicly you would hope that would leave them in a bit of a no choice situation and then they would be forced to act. I suppose then it would be all about the media spin.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #307: Sep 26, 2012 11:56:53 am
      I understand my decision to blank GL is being questioned; that is my prerogative and assertions that I am unwilling to confront his musac are wide of the mark!!! Who but a fool would present himself to a tormentor who insists on hurling sizeable portions of sh*te in his direction??
      Keep your head down is advice you ignore at your own peril.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #308: Sep 26, 2012 11:57:59 am
      That's what I don't get though George.  The decision for the police not to review the CCTV footage was made fairly quickly and when I posted the link on here I asked if the Club had asked them not to pursue it.

It just doesn't seem right to me that's all, especially after Margaret Aspinall said they should be banned for life when she was told about it.

Could always email the club I suppose.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #309: Sep 26, 2012 12:06:47 pm
      Could always email the club I suppose.

I think I might just do that. 
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      Reply #310: Sep 26, 2012 12:09:30 pm
      I think I might just do that. 

Or email United.  That should be interesting.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #311: Sep 26, 2012 12:14:18 pm

I dont know to be honest mate .
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #312: Sep 26, 2012 12:15:16 pm
      If we did it publicly you would hope that would leave them in a bit of a no choice situation and then they would be forced to act. I suppose then it would be all about the media spin.

Can you see the media spinning it in our favour ?

It wouldnt surprise me to see some media outlets spin it around on us.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #313: Sep 26, 2012 12:16:58 pm
      I understand my decision to blank GL is being questioned; that is my prerogative and assertions that I am unwilling to confront his musac are wide of the mark!!! Who but a fool would present himself to a tormentor who insists on hurling sizeable portions of sh*te in his direction??
      Keep your head down is advice you ignore at your own peril.

Yet your happy to hurl sizable portions of sh*te in my direction

If you want to ignore me then ignore me but make sure its a full blanket ignore and no snidey back comments as we have seen on this thread with you accusing me off absolving the mancs.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #314: Sep 26, 2012 01:40:06 pm
      You can just read the headlines now if any unsavoury chants are made from LFC fans at the old toilet,media will be all over us like a cheap suit.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #315: Sep 26, 2012 02:03:42 pm
      You can just read the headlines now if any unsavoury chants are made from LFC fans at the old toilet,media will be all over us like a cheap suit.
      Same old mate, nothing changes.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #316: Sep 26, 2012 07:35:14 pm
      Video's about on You Tube with an apparent LFC fan shouting Munich - however he clearly dosent. Yet the Utd fans really looking for justification for their vile chants.

The fact so many are trying to defend it shows me that Utd are without a doubt the worst football fans in the world. Ban none - ever!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #317: Sep 26, 2012 07:44:09 pm

Have been thinking just that today Debs.  Can't see why we can't ban those that were chanting at the end from Anfield in future.  Don't understand this attitude that we can't do anything about it.  I appreciate we can't directly influence anything the mancs might decide to do to them, but surely we can ensure that they never enter Anfield again to spew their poison?
      HammerDownUnder
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #318: Sep 27, 2012 11:09:59 pm
      I think both sets of fans have enough reasons to hate each other without resorting to chants about either tragedy. Regardless of how many Liverpool fans did the Munich thing at the end until you stop it completely they won't, end of.

If your two so called fans hadn't done that do you think they would've sang about Hillsborough?!

Make an example of the 2 idiots from your side and ban them for life, publicly so United see it and LFC can distance themselves from it in future.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #319: Sep 28, 2012 05:31:55 pm
      If your two so called fans hadn't done that do you think they would've sang about Hillsborough?!

Yes no doubt they would of sang about it, but being the shitbags they are, they waited until the stadium was virtually empty then kicked off with their sh*t songs and used the two nobheads as an excuse and justification for singing all their sh*t songs, not just one or two but the whole F***ing collection they have and what the F**k was their excuse and justfication for what the majority sang at Old Trafford the week before, can't remember any Liverpool fans being in the Wigan end to give them an excuse to kick off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #320: Sep 28, 2012 06:10:10 pm
      Yes no doubt they would of sang about it, but being the shitbags they are, they waited until the stadium was virtually empty then kicked off with their sh*t songs and used the two nobheads as an excuse and justification for singing all their sh*t songs, not just one or two but the whole F***ing collection they have and what the F**k was their excuse and justfication for what the majority sang at Old Trafford the week before, can't remember any Liverpool fans being in the Wigan end to give them an excuse to kick off.
      They were kicking off before the aeropland dickheads weren't they? It's every ground they go to not just their shithole.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #321: Sep 28, 2012 06:30:04 pm
      They were kicking off before the aeropland dickheads weren't they? It's every ground they go to not just their shithole.

Just giving it the usual "Were's you famous Munich song" sh*t to be honest mate, then again I can just about understand what the inbred dickheads sing.

Quick Reply