Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Hearts 0:1 Liverpool in game & post match discussion.

Read 31742 times
      redcraig
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts | 14 
      Re: Hearts 0:1 Liverpool in game & post match discussion.
      Reply #414: Aug 24, 2012 11:45:45 am
      I thought last night went pretty much how everyone should have expected it to go. Hearts were always going to be in our face all night and that was always going to be difficult for us to play a short passing game, pretty much meaning our one touch passing or first touch had to be perfect. Unfortunately we don't have the Barca midfield and particularly the first 15 minutes of each half I thought our passing and first touch was poor which meant we didn't control the match for as long as we should have.
      Shelvey had a night to forget as his passing was awful all night giving them possession in key areas on far too many occasions and Charlie Adam, who passed the ball ok, looked like was more intent on trying to stand out by doing too much at times.
      Borini seems to be getting a bit of stick but I thought his movement was excellent and should have been clean through at least twice if not for a sh*te Lino. Particularly for a striker, there's a lot more to their game than just what they do with the ball and I thought Borini looked clever and full of running to make angles and space for others.
      One noticeable difference was when joe Allen came on as his touch and passing was almost perfect and noticeably better than our other midfielders.

So all in all, not bad. A victory, clean sheet, stand out performance from Sterling and a fat photographer falling over in instalments being lifted back on to his feet by the cops. Good times.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #415: Aug 24, 2012 11:59:50 am
      Long long way to go but an away win nonetheless.

Sterling, Reina, Agger and Allen main positives for me.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #416: Aug 24, 2012 12:30:00 pm
      Poor performance today but we got the result away from home and we look forward to hammering them at Anfield in the return leg.

Outstanding performance from young Raheem. Allen looked classy and Pepe reminded me of Pepe 2 seasons back.

Onwards and upwards lads.

Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #417: Aug 24, 2012 12:32:59 pm
      Just got to watch the match in full there. Sterling and adam played well. Hendo in glimpses also. Shelvey was awful. After watching borini the last few games im not convinced he seems to work very hard but he is a terrible finisher and he seems very sloppy. Very early days yet i no but he hasnt impressed me yet. Also steve nichol is the worst commentator ever even if he was a great player
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #418: Aug 24, 2012 12:39:29 pm
      Just got to watch the match in full there. Sterling and adam played well. Hendo in glimpses also. Shelvey was awful. After watching borini the last few games im not convinced he seems to work very hard but he is a terrible finisher and he seems very sloppy. Very early days yet i no but he hasnt impressed me yet. Also steve nichol is the worst commentator ever even if he was a great player

He's pretty F***ing sh*t mate agreed, but thew worst for me is Janusz Michallik.

Most boring c**t I've ever had to listen too commentate on a game. Atleast Stevie Nicol shows some bias towards US.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #419: Aug 24, 2012 01:53:11 pm
      I did not watch the match but followed along on Twitter. My understanding of the match is:

- Overall we were poor, but still got the result (a bit like Gomel away)
      - Sterling was brilliant
      - Adam had a relatively good game, Henderson good in spells
      - We played a bit too deep defensively
      - Borini looked better than vs West Brom because he was played in the middle
      - Downing did a job at LB

^ That's only what I got by following the game along, not watching it. Is any of that right?
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #420: Aug 24, 2012 01:56:00 pm
      I did not watch the match but followed along on Twitter. My understanding of the match is:

- Sterling was brilliant

^ That's only what I got by following the game along, not watching it. Is any of that right?

Yeah he looked better not because he was playing in the middle. Its because the opposition was not as good as westbrom, there was no Suarez so play was directed towards him being the only recognised striker and ofcourse the few chances that came his way he made a harsh of them.

Was a pretty average performance but at least he was able to position himself to get those chances.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #421: Aug 24, 2012 02:09:45 pm

- Sterling was brilliant

In future i think i'll watch games on twitter, they sound far more interesting.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #422: Aug 24, 2012 02:11:32 pm
      In future i think i'll watch games on twitter, they sound far more interesting.

Hah was it a real snoozer? I was pouring over a ton of tweets trying to get anything!
      waz112003
      • Banned

• 70 posts |
      Reply #423: Aug 24, 2012 04:32:16 pm
      Credit to Hearts they were the better side cos they have improved from last year when they got hammered against Tottenham Hotspur. It's good we've got the advantage but the tie is not over yet...
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #424: Aug 24, 2012 05:04:58 pm
      Good result is all you can say isn't it . We were poor our midfield was a shambles Brendan need's some
      quality player's in & he need's them quick or God help him.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #425: Aug 24, 2012 05:32:26 pm
      Got the win,not the best performance,but it is early days,and for Hearts it was their cup final,Sterling was a class act and should start against city.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #426: Aug 24, 2012 06:31:54 pm
      Got the win,not the best performance,but it is early days,and for Hearts it was their cup final,Sterling was a class act and should start against city.
      the fact he played last night means he will not play agianst City he is only 17 years old.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #427: Aug 24, 2012 07:25:09 pm
      Sterling out and Downing in is a bitter pill to swallow. Sterling should be on the bench at least on sunday! The lad will be desperate to show what he can do and impress....unlike the lazy Downing!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,845 posts | 68 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #428: Aug 24, 2012 07:28:26 pm
      Watched the match last night on espn, absolute shambles ! Although we had a B team playing the performance was poor ,Adam and Spearing too slow on the ball,Shelvey lacking ideas ,Pepe looked class,Sterling energetic and always a threat Borini needs a link man ,result was good but Brendan ,you have work to do !
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #429: Aug 24, 2012 09:23:06 pm
      the fact he played last night means he will not play agianst City he is only 17 years old.

17? Pele won his first world cup at 17 and owen was a regular at the same age if your good enough your old enough,and this kid has got talent.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #430: Aug 24, 2012 09:37:58 pm
      17? Pele won his first world cup at 17 and owen was a regular at the same age if your good enough your old enough,and this kid has got talent.
      Pele was in the  1960's and owen was fu**ed by the time he was 26 is that what you want for this lad.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #431: Aug 24, 2012 10:09:10 pm
      Thought it was a good game, proper cup tie in front of a really great atmosphere.

We wernt great but it was more or less our 2nd string and at the end of the day..we won!
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #432: Aug 24, 2012 11:05:18 pm
      Pele was in the  1960's and owen was fu**ed by the time he was 26 is that what you want for this lad

IMO the best footballers of all time are Messi.Pele,Maradona, all playing proff football at 17,age has nothing to do with it, Pele was in the 70's and Messi is current
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #433: Aug 25, 2012 12:39:33 am
      Pretty poor all round. Gonna take a long time for this sytem to work with current squad. Be prepared for a rough ride over the next 6 months. Sterling prob our best player alom
      ng with Pepe, but still gave the ball away to often too cheaply.
       Think we set a new record for backward passes in ouir own half. Wins a win though and on to Citeh, not much more you can say really. Think we might raise it a bit against the better sides  but not with this system.
       Was Carroll injured, or taken out of squad to avoid being cup tied? Hmmmmm !
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #434: Aug 25, 2012 10:17:48 am
      Not the greatest show I've ever seen but it's another 1-0 win and, as it has been said before, you'd take that every time, in every competition... especially the league as "the league table doesn't lie"... or so I've been told.   ;)

I guess, if you, genuinely, buy into the "table doesn't lie" theory then there can't be any room for complaint. at any win.  Or can you?

Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #435: Aug 25, 2012 11:27:38 am
      He's pretty f**king sh*t mate agreed, but thew worst for me is Janusz Michallik.

Most boring c**t I've ever had to listen too commentate on a game. Atleast Stevie Nicol shows some bias towards US.
      I actually thought he was being really tough on liverpool but i can kinda see where hes coming from because he played in such great liverpool teams. Its really hard trying to follow the lads here in oz hats off to you doing it for a while ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #436: Aug 25, 2012 11:56:56 am
      I actually thought he was being really tough on liverpool but i can kinda see where hes coming from because he played in such great liverpool teams. Its really hard trying to follow the lads here in oz hats off to you doing it for a while ;D

Mate it's not hard following the lads here, we get every LFC game live on Foxtel mate. I haven't missed a game for years.  :angel:

Quick Reply