Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke)

Read 10175 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Huntelaar (Schalke)
      Reply #46: Aug 24, 2012 05:22:32 pm
      Twitter's for kids, and it's full of sh*t.

How is this thread different ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #47: Aug 24, 2012 05:59:03 pm

This thread is for sh*t and it's full of kids :)

Brendan on why we don't need a new striker :-
      "It is no good having a goalscorer scoring 30 goals and no-one else scores - I've always been against that theory," said Rodgers.

"You are going to need upwards of 70-odd goals to be up around the Champions League [places].

"For me it is a team ethic. Luis Suarez will score goals, Steven Gerrard can score goals, young Fabio Borini will score goals - but we also need goals from our centre-halves.

"If you can get your centre-halves scoring five goals that will always add and then you are looking at your full-backs doing a bit more.

"It is a team responsibility, not just one player. You bring in one striker who can score you goals, which is great, but it's not good for the team if the rest don't score.

"For us it is trying to have players in different areas of the field who can cause a problem.

"But equally important is that at the other end you are not conceding goals.

"I think we have shown, apart from last week (in the 3-0 defeat at West Brom) when the game was broken when we went down to ten men, that we have a good mindset and been strong this year."

anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #48: Aug 24, 2012 06:12:48 pm

"It is no good having a goalscorer scoring 30 goals and no-one else scores - I've always been against that theory," said Rodgers.

"You are going to need upwards of 70-odd goals to be up around the Champions League [places].

"For me it is a team ethic. Luis Suarez will score goals, Steven Gerrard can score goals, young Fabio Borini will score goals - but we also need goals from our centre-halves.

"If you can get your centre-halves scoring five goals that will always add and then you are looking at your full-backs doing a bit more.

"It is a team responsibility, not just one player. You bring in one striker who can score you goals, which is great, but it's not good for the team if the rest don't score.

"For us it is trying to have players in different areas of the field who can cause a problem.

"I think we have shown, apart from last week (in the 3-0 defeat at West Brom) when the game was broken when we went down to ten men, that we have a good mindset and been strong this year."

A tall centre forward?
      He didn't even mentioned carrols name :(
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Aug 24, 2012 06:18:03 pm
      The fact is, those people aren't scoring enough usually which means we need somebody to lead by example. That's like saying you don't need a top keeper to try and keep clean sheets haha.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Aug 24, 2012 06:19:07 pm
      Id love you here Hunter la.
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      • 'Once a red, always a red'. YNWA!
      Reply #51: Aug 24, 2012 06:23:48 pm
      Good player, but he is just the same type of player as Carroll, so he'll need the service.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #52: Aug 24, 2012 06:30:32 pm

Have to disagree with BR here.

Firstly. The 30+ goal a season striker he talks about. He is the player who scores more or less every match. He is the man who wins the tight games. He is the man who pops up when it looks for all the world that you would not score if you played for a week. If this player scores 30 goals that leaves 40 goals for the rest of the team to score if we want to get to the 70 that BR says we need to get in the top 4.

So, to be honest I am at a loss at the moment to work out how Suarez, Borini, Downing, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Johnson, Enrique, Agger and Skrtel are going to score 40 between them. If you take away the 30 goal a season striker that BR talks about...they will have to get 70 between them.

If we do not secure a proven finisher I feel we will be struggling to score enough goals, thus win enough games and secure enough points to get to where we want to be.

We need a striker who can finish, so I disagree with Brendan here. Just my opinion!
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #53: Aug 24, 2012 06:44:44 pm

Firstly. The 30+ goal a season striker he talks about. He is the player who scores more or less every match. He is the man who wins the tight games. He is the man who pops up when it looks for all the world that you would not score if you played for a week. If this player scores 30 goals that leaves 40 goals for the rest of the team to score if we want to get to the 70 that BR says we need to get in the top 4.

So, to be honest I am at a loss at the moment to work out how Suarez, Borini, Downing, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Johnson, Enrique, Agger and Skrtel are going to score 40 between them. If you take away the 30 goal a season striker that BR talks about...they will have to get 70 between them.

If we do not secure a proven finisher I feel we will be struggling to score enough goals, thus win enough games and secure enough points to get to where we want to be.

We need a striker who can finish, so I disagree with Brendan here. Just my opinion!

I agree with you here pal.

What BR said, does not make sense tbh:L
      Bier
      Reply #54: Aug 24, 2012 06:46:44 pm
      Good player, but he is just the same type of player as Carroll, so he'll need the service.

Far better finisher though. Only needed 97 shots last season to get to his 29 goals. To compare, Van Persie needed 179 shots to get to his 30 goals. Ofcourse the Bundesliga isn't as tough as the EPL, but still.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #55: Aug 24, 2012 06:49:38 pm
      How is this thread still open?

no real link just pure unadulterated mindless balls
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #56: Aug 24, 2012 06:50:06 pm
      Far better finisher though. Only needed 97 shots last season to get to his 29 goals. To compare, Van Persie needed 179 shots to get to his 30 goals. Ofcourse the Bundesliga isn't as tough as the EPL, but still.

Good point, but still...every striker needs his service, especially prolific goalscorers.
      Bier
      Reply #57: Aug 24, 2012 06:57:21 pm
      Good point, but still...every striker needs his service, especially prolific goalscorers.

Huntelaar is known to connect well with Suarez though. I imagine Suarez would be far more at ease too, some pressure off of him. And although Huntelaar is mostly just a finisher, it's not like he can't do anything else, 13 assists last season too. Carrol even attempted almost the same amount of shots as Huntelaar. Although probably from worse positions, he played far less too. There's no doubt for me that Huntelaar with his better positioning and finishing would get plenty chances here to get to score goals.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #58: Aug 24, 2012 06:58:09 pm
      I just cannot see this deal happening. Too good to be true and all that.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #59: Aug 24, 2012 06:58:52 pm
      Don't think this is as far from the realms of possibility as some seem to suggest, would of course all depend on Carroll leaving. Without doubt if Carroll leaves we'll bring in someone and Huntelaar is a decent guess in my opinion.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #60: Aug 24, 2012 06:59:05 pm

thats what I was thinking ...it easy to say we gonna score from midfield bt in terms of reality its really tough task specially for us , again its like we are starting with blank sheet ,lots of new players ,will take time to settle..
      all in all we are not barca who creates goal scoring chance every min..we have to look for goal scoring striker or winger otherwise it could be same story with bit improvement..
      Bennett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #61: Aug 24, 2012 07:06:33 pm
      Huntelaar is known to connect well with Suarez though. I imagine Suarez would be far more at ease too, some pressure off of him. And although Huntelaar is mostly just a finisher, it's not like he can't do anything else, 13 assists last season too. Carrol even attempted almost the same amount of shots as Huntelaar. Although probably from worse positions, he played far less too. There's no doubt for me that Huntelaar with his better positioning and finishing would get plenty chances here to get to score goals.

No doubt he'd be a great addition to the squad and no doubt he can score and obviously has a good record of goalscoring, but say we got him...I honestly think we will need a winger just to give him more opportunities, because I don't think Downing is good enough really.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #62: Aug 24, 2012 07:09:19 pm
      Let's be serious here - We will not be buying Huntelaar.

We have no money left so any deal the club makes from now will be a loan deal for someone
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #63: Aug 24, 2012 07:49:10 pm
      And locked.
      RedLFCBlood
      Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Schalke)
      Reply #64: Oct 23, 2012 03:37:12 pm
      Another thread here http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43567.msg1335038.html#msg1335038 so can be reopened and merged.

Liverpool boss Rodgers switches his attention to unsettled striker Huntelaar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2221730/Liverpool-target-Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar.html#ixzz2A8J7ZnSP

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is ready to make a January raid for Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

The Reds boss is on alert after the 29-year-old Holland international postponed talks on a new contract with the German side.

Huntelaar will be free to sign a pre-contract agreement with another club in January, as his current deal is due to expire at the end of the season.

But Rodgers is keen on a cut-price deal in January for the former Real Madrid star in order to solve his present lack of firepower, reports the Daily Star.

Liverpool are currently struggling to cope with Luis Suarez as their only fit striker.

Huntelaar has also been linked with Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham.

« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2013 02:26:21 pm by JD »
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar - Schalke
      Reply #65: Oct 23, 2012 03:43:46 pm
      Can't see us offering the wages for him and can see him only wanting CL football.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #66: Oct 23, 2012 03:44:07 pm
      Would be a great signing, he's not a complete striker but then again very few are; he's a great and intelligent finisher though.
      Crazy horses
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #67: Oct 23, 2012 03:44:50 pm
      29and has an atitude problem, he would deffo be a name in the envelope at the end of he season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #68: Oct 23, 2012 03:46:29 pm
      Quite a few media sources running with it.

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=daqyVkutTOKAsTMrn9Xq1hcyZJomM&q=brendan+rodgers&lr=English&hl=en

Probably bollocks then. ;D

Quick Reply