Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your outstanding player from the game?

Joe Allen
      84 (75%)
      Steven Gerrard
      2 (1.8%)
      Martin Skrtel
      2 (1.8%)
      Raheem Sterling
      19 (17%)
      Fabio Borini
      0 (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      0 (0%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      3 (2.7%)
      Luis Suarez
      2 (1.8%)
      Someone else?
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Liverpool 2:2 Manchester City: In game and post match analysis.

Read 41258 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Liverpool vs Manchester City: Live thread
      Reply #529: Aug 26, 2012 06:09:17 pm

Except this bell end.

yeah positives, we act like we havent spent 150m quid in the last 18 months, why couldnt we play like this last week, 4 points would have been a great start as it is it sh*te.

:tosser:
      Elephants
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #530: Aug 26, 2012 06:09:30 pm
      The day we learn to play like that to smaller teams in anfield, and away. We'll get champions league football. As i've said before consistency it's the key to success, not playing at highest level one game and then a poor display after that. We have amazing players, the key now it's consistency.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,740 posts | 7174 
      Reply #531: Aug 26, 2012 06:12:46 pm
      Kelly did do well he was unlucky with the goal we shouldn't be anything but proud of the lads today.
      If we show that much attitude and with a bit more quality we will do well this season
      uncleRico
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 287 posts |
      Reply #532: Aug 26, 2012 06:13:33 pm
      that was a huge improvement today from the last 2 games, we looked like a class act at times, pity about a few simple errors. Sterling and Allen looked great. Jonjo is showing signs that he is a quality player aswell. Hope its nothing too serious with Lucas
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,740 posts | 7174 
      Reply #533: Aug 26, 2012 06:14:25 pm
      yeah positives, we act like we havent spent 150m quid in the last 18 months, why couldnt we play like this last week, 4 points would have been a great start as it is it sh*te.
      did you actually watch the game because there was planety of stuff to be positive about
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,740 posts | 7174 
      Reply #534: Aug 26, 2012 06:15:16 pm
      Joe Allen completed 43/46 passes.
      Joe Allen was born to play for Liverpool
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #535: Aug 26, 2012 06:15:33 pm
      Really disappointed, despite an excellent performance a couple of individual errors cost us the full three points today.

But as Diego said, there were many positive signs to take from this match, a really good team display, hopefully we've seen the true face of the Reds this afternoon.

If we attack the rest of the league campaign in the same spirit and determination then we'll do very well.

This.

Felt reasonably happy and upbeat straight after the game but gutted now. We should have won.

Things are looking much better for the rest of the season, though.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #536: Aug 26, 2012 06:16:06 pm
      Joe Allen was born to play for Liverpool

My MOTM. Was class today.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #537: Aug 26, 2012 06:17:11 pm

ha ha....Lets wait and see before we get carried away with another home draw...we werent that great, we were good.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #538: Aug 26, 2012 06:17:33 pm
      watching again the goals,
        Pepe has no fault in city's first goal , the ball slightly was deflected by skrtel ,so reina missed the ball
       ynwa
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,986 posts | 5044 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #539: Aug 26, 2012 06:18:14 pm
      Absolutely f***in gutted, how the F**k we drew that is a f***in travesty,shitty had all in all about 15mins of the 90, Joe Allen MOTM for me but everyone deserves a huge pat on the back, felt we controlled the game and fully deserved 3pts imo, but for two give-away goals, Kelly and Skrtle felt for them tbh, but hey, what a difference tho, the positivity we can take from this match will stand us in good stead,

every player gave their all, every player playing for each other, a fantastic team performance, i have mixed emotions right now, gutted we lost two points but very excited about what we are capable of this season, that was game two, and already we have the tools to do very very well,

i think others would have taken note and will now see us in a different light, prior to today, i doubt anyone would give us a earthly of the top 4, but now, we have them f***in worried,and that is just fine by me,

well done Redmen, fantastic performance, YNWA
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #540: Aug 26, 2012 06:19:17 pm
      We started slow, but really grew into the game. Needed to keep hold of the ball better, but I thought of the football played was excellent. We performed as a complete unit, as a team, and I loved that. It's an encouraging performance, especially the fight we showed out there.

But at the same time, it's disappointing to give the game away like we did. Two silly mistakes cost us two points. That's tough to take, but hopefully it makes us mentally stronger.

I thought Allen, Sterling and Johnson were very good today. Gerrard and Suarez were good as well. Coates is still a bit rash, but he was out there playing vs City after not featuring much. Skrtel was brilliant besides that awful back pass.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #541: Aug 26, 2012 06:19:25 pm
      Proud of the lads today, played pretty well, been a while since I felt like this watching them, it felt great. Passion, that's what it was.

Like how Allen played, stunner by Suarez, well in for Sterling, unlucky Martin.

We should have deffo won this, F**k it, happy with the game, too bad for the 3 points. Bring on the next match.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #542: Aug 26, 2012 06:20:03 pm
      ha ha....Lets wait and see before we get carried away with another home draw...we werent that great, we were good.

If you can't draw any positives from a game like that against not only the current champions but a team that has had billions spunked on it following the last few years, I F***ing feel for you, I seriously do.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #543: Aug 26, 2012 06:20:28 pm
      Great game today, feeling a bit deflated after putting so much into it and coming away with a draw. Lots of positives and only a couple of negative things (I.e. the mistakes) but all in all we played very well. Just hope we play with this intensity for ALL our games this season then at the end of the season we will tally up our points and see where we end up.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #544: Aug 26, 2012 06:20:47 pm
      How good does our team look with a dangerous wideman in Raheem. Showed lots of guts the young guns today. Totally impressed by Allen, Coates, Shelvey and Raheem. We dominated exchanges against arguably the most powerful and accomplished midfield in the league and that is a huge encouragement for the season.
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #545: Aug 26, 2012 06:21:56 pm
      Some really positive stuff, a very solid performance apart from the mistakes. Truly gutted we couldn't get the win, feel sorry for Skrtel, and I thought Kelly was a bit shaky throughout the match. Sometimes when he was going to pass, the ball seemed way ahead of him, I feared he was going to misplace it. Here's hoping he won't let it mess with his confidence.

By the way, Allen is worth every penny. Really glad we got him.  ;D

Any updates on Lucas?
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #546: Aug 26, 2012 06:22:12 pm
      Is it only me thinking borini is really struggling on the wings? not able to nothing useful from wings?
      my bad
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #547: Aug 26, 2012 06:22:50 pm
      Great game today, feeling a bit deflated after putting so much into it and coming away with a draw. Lots of positives and only a couple of negative things (I.e. the mistakes) but all in all we played very well. Just hope we play with this intensity for ALL our games this season then at the end of the season we will tally up our points and see where we end up.

If we do that, then we'll be fine. Complacency and inconsistency have been our biggest problems for too long now.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #548: Aug 26, 2012 06:22:53 pm
      Nothing beats a midfielder that knows how to shield and hold the ball. That is Joe Allen.

Everyone played well today. Worthy mentions; Raheem, Shelvey, Johnson and Gerrard. A solid midfield.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #549: Aug 26, 2012 06:22:55 pm
      Gutted but very encouraging signs.

In other news, Joe Allen is F***ing boss.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #550: Aug 26, 2012 06:23:26 pm
      Dont agree walton thought Kelly was very poor on the ball, gave it away quiet a bit, cant see him being a full back in a Rodgers team in the long term, he aint good enough on the ball. Dont want to be talking about negatives though.

Joe Allen is a much better player than I thought, thought he was the best midfielder on show today. Shelvey and Sterling really impressed me, they have big futures.

Borini never stopped running while Suarez was suarez. Gerrard and Johnson had good games as well. Thought Coates was solid enough as well.
      zodak
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 10 
      Reply #551: Aug 26, 2012 06:23:49 pm
      Gutted - but extremely optimistic with our performance today.

Brilliant to see the youngsters do well - we've been begging for the likes of Coates, Sterling, Shelvey, Kelly, et al to be given a chance, and what better opportunity than against the champions! That's faith in our youngsters!

Quick question from me (and apologies if it has been answered already) - does anyone know what the situation is with Lucas? Is he alright? Was gutted for the lad - and hope it's nothing serious. Anyone who knows, please share!

Quick Reply