Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace 14th April 2pm

Read 520 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Crystal Palace 14th April 2pm
      Reply #23: Apr 14, 2024 11:23:17 am
      Kelleher..Bradley..Joe..VVD..Robbo...Mac..Endo..Dom..Mo..Nunez..Diaz.

Joe in his best position. Quansah still learning his trade. Jota on after 60. Ditto Jones. 2-0

If Ali is ready mate i see no point in having him on the bench. They going to give him a 30 minute run out and ease him back? Straight back in if hes trained and no issues.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,386 posts | 201 
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2024 11:41:12 am
      Please start with jota, can’t have Nunez and Diaz in the same team. We need to get that man fit
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2024 11:48:57 am
      We don't really know if midweek was a blip or if the two games against United have knocked the stuffing out of the players. We havent really won a league game comfortably since Feb (Luton) but a lot of that has been down to poor finishing - i.e. they've created plenty of chances but the players up front have wasted them. Palace definitely have it in them to hurt us so we can't do our usual of conceding the first goal and then playing desperate catch-up football for the rest of the game - we need to play well, take our chances, and keep a clean sheet.
      Tadders

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2024 12:07:19 pm
      From what I have seen from Danns he is brimming full of confidence is quick and is fearless. Surely he must get a look in
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #27: Apr 14, 2024 12:07:27 pm
      Im abit worried about today. I know there were 6 or 7 changes the other night which was 6 or 7 too many ... but we looked shot.

But if they really want to be champions ... they will find something. Because thats what champions do.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,386 posts | 201 
      Reply #28: Apr 14, 2024 12:08:12 pm
      Really need experience in this game who have been there and done it imo

Ali (back fit, time to put him back on as it’s now or never)

Trent (take him off half time or 2nd half)
      Vvd
      Gomez (use his experience)
      Robbie

Endo
      Mac
      Jones (get him back fit)

Nunez/diaz- don’t care who as both are poor atm
      Jota - play him 60 mins
      Salah -get him back in form

Hopefully subs

Bradley on for Trent
      Sob on for jones
      Diaz/nunez on for jota
      Get Robbie rested for Europa

Time to get the lads back fit and stop messing about

I think we can win this well and go through in Europa on Thursday but players like jota and Salah are the key as they are proper goal scorers and not pretenders like Diaz and Nunez
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,386 posts | 201 
      Reply #29: Apr 14, 2024 12:08:50 pm
      Im abit worried about today. I know there were 6 or 7 changes the other night which was 6 or 7 too many ... but we looked shot.

But if they really want to be champions ... they will find something. Because thats what champions do.

Time to see what klopp is made of imo, does he dare to win or does he play it safe

We need to get the main lads back match fit and this game is perfect for that
      Don77
      • Started Topic

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #30: Apr 14, 2024 12:10:18 pm
      From what I have seen from Danns he is brimming full of confidence is quick and is fearless. Surely he must get a look in

Said this the other day. Hed have took the chances others have missed lately. In fact id go as far as to say , from what ive seen of him this season he looks more a threat to score a goal than some others i could mention.

Maybe he can get on the bench today. We need to win. Hopefully Jota starts and we can have danns and nunez on the bench.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,166 posts | 717 
      Reply #31: Apr 14, 2024 12:10:57 pm
      Fully expecting us to be top of the league by about 4 O clock if only for a few hours or so ( I'm hopeful Villa can turn up at Arsenal)..If we can't beat Palace at our place then frankly there can be no moaning about where we end up. Thursday night was an example of what can happen if you don't put in the effort, the whole side thought the game was won before a ball was kicked and we got what we deserved...an embarrassing mauling. 100% effort needed from start to finish this afternoon. Take each game as it comes and what will be will be....We're still in the hunt.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #32: Apr 14, 2024 12:19:17 pm
      Said this the other day. Hed have took the chances others have missed lately. In fact id go as far as to say , from what ive seen of him this season he looks more a threat to score a goal than some others i could mention.

Maybe he can get on the bench today. We need to win. Hopefully Jota starts and we can have danns and nunez on the bench.

Yep, fully agree, he has looked really bright when he's played ... I'd be very happy for him to come on in the second half, could be a real game-changer!
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts | 108 
      Reply #33: Apr 14, 2024 12:27:56 pm
      Really need experience in this game who have been there and done it imo

Ali (back fit, time to put him back on as it’s now or never)

Trent (take him off half time or 2nd half)
      Vvd
      Gomez (use his experience)
      Robbie

Endo
      Mac
      Jones (get him back fit)

Nunez/diaz- don’t care who as both are poor atm
      Jota - play him 60 mins
      Salah -get him back in form

Hopefully subs

Bradley on for Trent
      Sob on for jones
      Diaz/nunez on for jota
      Get Robbie rested for Europa

Time to get the lads back fit and stop messing about

I think we can win this well and go through in Europa on Thursday but players like jota and Salah are the key as they are proper goal scorers and not pretenders like Diaz and Nunez

At this moment in time I would not start either Jones or Gomez.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 513 
      Reply #34: Apr 14, 2024 12:36:51 pm
      Expecting a tough game. That game against Atalanta was a kick in the balls, plus physically there is a question about tiredness. Palace in Eze and Olisse have 2 of the best creative players in the league, so we'd better defend a F**k of a lot better.

On that note, Kostas and Gomez have to drop out, they were both bloody awful on Thursday. Bradley n Robbo in. Dom also dropped - can't have a player slowing to a jog while watchlng his man run past him like for their third. Harvey into CM. Diaz comes in for Nunez. Quansah for Konate.

Jota, Trent, Jones, Nunez and one other to come on during the second half.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,762 posts | 388 
      Reply #35: Apr 14, 2024 12:57:26 pm
      I want to see some emphasis now on controlling this match.

Stop rushing to try and score every time we have possession.

Play football, play from a solid base. Control the midfield. Win the game.

I domt want to see us rushing things in panic and leaving ourselves open at the back.

Back to football basics. Games won and lost in the midfield battle.

I don't want to see a back and forth game with this lot. I dont want to see a stretched game where Olise and Eze are left to run at our full backs. 

A boring win where they don't get a F***ing kick will be the only way we can say we are taking this seriously now. You cannot wins leagues shipping in goals in pursuit of more goals.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #36: Apr 14, 2024 12:59:05 pm
      Jones needs 3/4 full games to get back up to speed. Dom still doesn't look 90 minutes fit. Difficult time to be easing players back in fitness wise.

Nunez has to improve his conversion rate ASAP. If the wheels come off today, by the time we bolt them back on again, t'others will be long gone.
      Tadders

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #37: Apr 14, 2024 01:02:26 pm
      Do it for the 97 lads….
      The-AllMightyReds
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 658 posts | 128 
      Reply #38: Apr 14, 2024 01:19:15 pm
      Team has leaked..