Trending Topics

Next match: Arsenal v LFC [Friendly] Thu 1st Aug @ 12:30 am
      Lincoln Financial Field

Today is the 27th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W3 D4 L3

He Played More Games for Us Than Anyone Else??!!

Read 967 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      He Played More Games for Us Than Anyone Else??!!
      Jun 17, 2024 05:36:21 pm
      Hopefully the title translates and just a little fun thread while the close season is upon us.

Was browsing some stats this afternoon and came across one that surprised me and got me thinking. Who are those players that for whatever reason you thought played much more games for another club target than the Reds?

Could be because you thought they weren't good enough to have so many for us, someone you associate with another club more than us or anything else really.

The one that got my attention was Neil 'Razor' Ruddock. We're the club he's played the most games for and although not much in it with Southampton I always think of him as a London based guy.

Not a great period for us with the likes of him and Dicks etc as I think he's a bit of a dickhead well.

As I say bit of light relief anyone else spring to mind?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,399 posts | 3541 
      Re: He Played More Games for Us Than Anyone Else??!!
      Reply #1: Jun 17, 2024 05:56:50 pm
      Hopefully the title translates and just a little fun thread while the close season is upon us.

Was browsing some stats this afternoon and came across one that surprised me and got me thinking. Who are those players that for whatever reason you thought played much more games for another club target than the Reds?

Could be because you thought they weren't good enough to have so many for us, someone you associate with another club more than us or anything else really.

The one that got my attention was Neil 'Razor' Ruddock. We're the club he's played the most games for and although not much in it with Southampton I always think of him as a London based guy.

Not a great period for us with the likes of him and Dicks etc as I think he's a bit of a dickhead well.

As I say bit of light relief anyone else spring to mind?

Add Phil Babb to that as well

Also someone like Sissoko

Also didn’t realise David James played more for us than any other club

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #2: Jun 17, 2024 06:10:19 pm
      Maybe because it was the latter stage of his career when we signed him but Jimmy Milner.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #3: Jun 17, 2024 06:11:42 pm
      Maybe because it was the latter stage of his career when we signed him but Jimmy Milner.

That's a surprising one as well.

Initial thoughts I'd say most would maybe guess Villa or City but he played more for us as you say Billy.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #4: Jun 17, 2024 06:16:39 pm
      That's a surprising one as well.

Initial thoughts I'd say most would maybe guess Villa or City but he played more for us as you say Billy.

Probably helped by Jürgen bringing him on as a sub almost every game. So may have started more games for other clubs.

I've also just seen Djimi Traore played more for us than any other club. I think it's even more surprising that he played nearly 150 times for us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 2186 
      Reply #5: Jun 17, 2024 08:50:02 pm
      Probably helped by Jürgen bringing him on as a sub almost every game. So may have started more games for other clubs.

I've also just seen Djimi Traore played more for us than any other club. I think it's even more surprising that he played nearly 150 times for us.

Now THAT is a surprise!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,543 posts | 1452 
      Reply #6: Jun 17, 2024 09:52:17 pm
      David Burrows. 146 (3) signed by Sir Kenny in Oct '88. Decent player to be fair. Went on to play for Everton. Coached in France and has business interests there. Went to West Ham, we got Dicks in exchange. Souness deal. Flogged Beardsley to Everton as well. Very odd decision.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,319 posts | 1242 
      Reply #7: Jun 17, 2024 10:59:35 pm
      Biscan! To be fair he played his part in our UCL success, but at any other club or time in history this doesn't happen. Marauding runs 😄
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,315 posts | 3404 
      Reply #8: Jun 18, 2024 09:10:41 am
      Dom Matteo, who if you follow on insta makes out he’s a Leeds legend.

Even though he was playing at the time that I fell in love with our club and the sport of football, I don’t remember Matteo playing that often for us.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,025 posts | 5059 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Jun 18, 2024 10:38:24 am

That’s who i immediately thought of, but another Jimmy (Case) played a sh*t load for Southampton, 215 & 186 for us,

Stan Staunton played more for Villa than he did with us, in two spells with both, I was surprised at that stat too,

Weird how players you think played what seemed forever then go and play longer for another club !! 🤣🤣

YNWA
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,671 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #10: Jun 18, 2024 03:59:00 pm

That’s who i immediately thought of, but another Jimmy (Case) played a sh*t load for Southampton, 215 & 186 for us,

Stan Staunton played more for Villa than he did with us, in two spells with both, I was surprised at that stat too,

Weird how players you think played what seemed forever then go and play longer for another club !! 🤣🤣

YNWA

Stan,another victim of a Souness 'cull'
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #11: Jun 18, 2024 05:36:58 pm
      David Burrows. 146 (3) signed by Sir Kenny in Oct '88. Decent player to be fair. Went on to play for Everton. Coached in France and has business interests there. Went to West Ham, we got Dicks in exchange. Souness deal. Flogged Beardsley to Everton as well. Very odd decision.

Always like Bugsy, preferred him to Staunton.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #12: Jun 18, 2024 05:38:00 pm

YNWA

Thank God,  I never rated Staunton.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #13: Jun 18, 2024 05:39:13 pm
      Dom Matteo, who if you follow on insta makes out he’s a Leeds legend.

Even though he was playing at the time that I fell in love with our club and the sport of football, I don’t remember Matteo playing that often for us.

Spotted playing footy with Kenny's lad in Southport. Another one that was vastly overrated. Leeds legend - that's a good one ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #14: Jun 18, 2024 05:39:57 pm
      Biscan! To be fair he played his part in our UCL success, but at any other club or time in history this doesn't happen. Marauding runs 😄

Same could be said for Disco Djimi
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,629 posts | 5034 
      Reply #15: Jun 18, 2024 08:00:57 pm
      Always like Bugsy, preferred him to Staunton.

Same.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,025 posts | 5059 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16: Jun 19, 2024 01:28:56 pm
      Thank God,  I never rated Staunton.

Wasn’t the best in his position globally but he was solid, he did what it said on the tin, different game back then tho, if you were a defender you defended etc, same as, Bugsy did, but I thought Stan was just a little bit better !!

YNWA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,735 posts | 8767 
      Reply #17: Jun 19, 2024 05:27:47 pm

Wasn’t the best in his position globally but he was solid, he did what it said on the tin, different game back then tho, if you were a defender you defended etc, same as, Bugsy did, but I thought Stan was just a little bit better !!

YNWA

The attacking partnership of Burrows and Barnes was better though ;)
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,090 posts | 634 
      Reply #18: Jun 19, 2024 07:24:19 pm
      David N'Gog. Played 94 times for us, 91 for Bolton, and a handful of games for plenty of teams.  :D

Quick Reply