Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Tactics geeks of the world unite...

Read 152322 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Tactics geeks of the world unite...
      Reply #1035: Sep 18, 2023 10:19:53 am
      Even then I think it should be within reason. If it's every single time we have the ball then the opposition know what we're going to do, whereas if we mix it up a bit more then it might catch them off guard. And it's not like he can't be dangerous from the right wing. We've seen for years he is as good as anybody in world football playing that role.

The Villa game was interesting as he didn't play so much as an extra midfielder but instead more of a centre half when we had the ball, so I'm keen to see if that's how we use him in the future or once fit again he just starts to leg it back into the middle of the park every time we've got possession. 

The Villa game was interesting as they clearly had looked to crowd the area where Trent had been playing previously.
      Shifting across to CB instead of into the CM area gave him the space to ping passes as required.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1036: Sep 18, 2023 02:58:25 pm
      Not in a million years do I think we'll go down this route and probably with good reason but do people think we could move Van Dijk into the "number 6" position?

He's got the passing range to spring us forward, he's a defender first and foremost so he'll have that mindset, he's got the positional sense and although he's lost a bit of pace over the last few years he's still no slouch. If Trent moves into midfield during a game, Virg can just move back and Konate or Gomez can cover at right back. It might also be the shot in the arm Van Dijk needs as his form at centre half has been getting increasingly worse since the injury.

I don't know if he's quick footed enough to receive the ball in tight areas and avoid a pressing forward/midfielder though, which is something we've struggled with for a while in our midfield. It was something Xabi Alonso, especially, excelled at. Remember the year where four or five red cards got given for fouls on him alone?

As I said at the start of the post though, there's probably a million and one good reasons why it won't happen and even more why it shouldn't. Was just throwing it out there as a possible alternative.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1037: Sep 18, 2023 03:06:49 pm
      Simply no.

We have others who are better skilled to  play that position.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1038: Sep 18, 2023 03:44:36 pm
      Not in a million years do I think we'll go down this route and probably with good reason but do people think we could move Van Dijk into the "number 6" position?

He's got the passing range to spring us forward, he's a defender first and foremost so he'll have that mindset, he's got the positional sense and although he's lost a bit of pace over the last few years he's still no slouch. If Trent moves into midfield during a game, Virg can just move back and Konate or Gomez can cover at right back. It might also be the shot in the arm Van Dijk needs as his form at centre half has been getting increasingly worse since the injury.

I don't know if he's quick footed enough to receive the ball in tight areas and avoid a pressing forward/midfielder though, which is something we've struggled with for a while in our midfield. It was something Xabi Alonso, especially, excelled at. Remember the year where four or five red cards got given for fouls on him alone?

As I said at the start of the post though, there's probably a million and one good reasons why it won't happen and even more why it shouldn't. Was just throwing it out there as a possible alternative.

Rather than give him the 6 role I think he'd be suited to the central of the 3 or the role of a CB given licence to move forward. For all the talk of Gomez not being suited to moving into midfield from the RB role, the other option is to have VvD move from the CB position into midfield, but only when the defenders are there that can cover behind.

So, if Trent is not available to move up, maybe look at VvD.
      For that to happen then all the other CBs need to be fit.

Personally I think 1-4-2-3-1 suits the squad better now.
      Certainly when Trent isn't available.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1039: Sep 18, 2023 04:36:30 pm
      Rather than give him the 6 role I think he'd be suited to the central of the 3 or the role of a CB given licence to move forward. For all the talk of Gomez not being suited to moving into midfield from the RB role, the other option is to have VvD move from the CB position into midfield, but only when the defenders are there that can cover behind.

I think a back three could be really beneficial to us. A 3-4-3 with Trent and Robbo playing as wing backs/wide midfielders can easily become our more traditional 4-3-3 whenever we want. But I think, for me, I'd keep Van Dijk as the left sided centre half.

I know a lot were really keen to see us sign a left sided centre half in the summer and if we do in the future then maybe Van Dijk will become more central if (and it's it a big if) we were to change system.

Alisson
      Gomez Konate Van Dijk
      Trent Szoboszlai Mac Allister Robertson
      Salah Nunez Diaz

Personally I think 1-4-2-3-1 suits the squad better now.
      Certainly when Trent isn't available.

If everyone, other than Trent, was fit for a League winning fixture what 11 would you start with mate in that system?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1040: Sep 19, 2023 10:00:47 am
      I think a back three could be really beneficial to us. A 3-4-3 with Trent and Robbo playing as wing backs/wide midfielders can easily become our more traditional 4-3-3 whenever we want. But I think, for me, I'd keep Van Dijk as the left sided centre half.

I know a lot were really keen to see us sign a left sided centre half in the summer and if we do in the future then maybe Van Dijk will become more central if (and it's it a big if) we were to change system.

Alisson
      Gomez Konate Van Dijk
      Salah Nunez Diaz

If everyone, other than Trent, was fit for a League winning fixture what 11 would you start with mate in that system?

Alisson
      Gomez Konate van Dijk Robertson
      Szoboszlai Mac Allister
      Salah Gakpo Diaz
      Nunez

Option to play Gravenberch instead of Mac Allister or Gakpo, or push Szoboslai into the 10 role.
      Ideally, when all players are up to speed you play Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Gravenberch in the "3"
      but it changes depending on the phase where one sits when the team attacks and two go,
      and two play deeper when out of possession. That would be more fluid and more likely what Klopp would play.

So on paper it would look like
      Alisson
      Trent Konate van Dijk Robertson
      Szoboszlai Mac Allister Gravenberch
      Salah Nunez Diaz

With Trent out, I'd actually like to see what a 3-box-3 would look like.

Alisson
      Konate van Dijk Quansah
      Endo Bajcetic
      Szoboszlai Mac Allister
      Salah Nunez Diaz
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2023 01:29:13 pm by racerx34 »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,536 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1041: Nov 02, 2023 11:30:22 am
      Not so much tactics, but a general stat....

our 5 forwards have now scored 30 goals in all comps between them so far this season.

Roughly a third thru season, so if they keep this us, they will bag 90 between them.

KLOPPLFC2.0 is doing quite nicely.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,551 posts | 726 
      Reply #1042: Nov 14, 2023 04:21:40 pm

Alisson
      Gomez Konate Van Dijk
      Salah Nunez Diaz

I previously suggested we do a 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3 as Scotland have done with Robertson as wing back, and would allow Trent to also play further forward

This is how Hungary play with Szobozlai

I wonder if we might use this 3-4-2-1 formation with a 3rd CB signing.

It will allow us to use Robertson and Trent further forward. 

One problem is I think Szobozlai is too attacking minded to play in the CM position. The other thing is that with all our injuries, struggles with midfield and Trents poor defending, we haven't tried it even once. Despite having several players who could do the job. So i don't think Klopp will ever do it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1043: Dec 20, 2023 10:59:23 pm
      Nunez has been blunt up front for a while but yet he creates panic in the opposition defenders because of his movement and pace.
      With Gakpo taking up the Bobby positions we look a lot more cohesive as an attacking unit and building pressure on the opposition defence.

So might be an idea to try a Nunez, Gakpo, Salah combo.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1044: Dec 20, 2023 11:17:22 pm
      Nunez has been blunt up front for a while but yet he creates panic in the opposition defenders because of his movement and pace.
      With Gakpo taking up the Bobby positions we look a lot more cohesive as an attacking unit and building pressure on the opposition defence.

So might be an idea to try a Nunez, Gakpo, Salah combo.

I do like that front 3 it just seems that Diaz just needs a breather its just not happening for him.  Nunez on the left and Gakpo in the middle sounds a good option. 
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #1045: Dec 21, 2023 01:10:59 am
      I do like that front 3 it just seems that Diaz just needs a breather its just not happening for him.  Nunez on the left and Gakpo in the middle sounds a good option.

Pretty sure Jürgen will start Diaz against Arsenal and leave Darwin on the bench. Makes perfect sense to me. Darwin is a serious threat coming off the bench when the game starts to get stretched. There's no doubt he's been better off the bench than when starting so far this season.

Diaz meanwhile played pretty well against Man U despite the grumblings on here. Pretty sure he was rested today to start on Saturday.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1046: Dec 21, 2023 01:45:01 am
      Pretty sure Jürgen will start Diaz against Arsenal and leave Darwin on the bench. Makes perfect sense to me. Darwin is a serious threat coming off the bench when the game starts to get stretched. There's no doubt he's been better off the bench than when starting so far this season.

Diaz meanwhile played pretty well against Man U despite the grumblings on here. Pretty sure he was rested today to start on Saturday.

I personally like all 4 of our attacking options,  Darwin for me is the biggest nuisance for opponents the last bit is just not happening as much as he and everyone would like but still.  He for me makes the opponents panic.  I think with Salah going away soon would like to see a little more of Gakpo  more minutes because we will need more from the 4 of them in January. 

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,940 posts | 4995 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1047: Dec 21, 2023 07:55:00 am

Nunez thru the middle is ideal for me, however he’s not at the races for finishing right now but it will come, until it does I’d have Gakpo in there, he obviously can score but he offers more too, his link up play is good , he can drop back and help and he’s decent in the air too, Nunez is a nuisance but being a nuisance doesn’t guarantee goals, he’s much more effective off the bench, especially against tired legs & minds,
      Another starter for me Vs Arse is Harvey he brings a sh*t load of energy and that helps create tempo, we function better when we control tempo, no point in having fast players playing to a slower pace, that’s like aiming with your eye’s shut !!

Jürgen has a headache for Saturday, Szloboslai, Jones, Harvey,Endo Trent, Macca & Grav if fit, which three get the nod ??
      YNWA

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #1048: Dec 23, 2023 11:18:16 pm
      Still have not clicked as an attacking unit this season just odd bits of individual brilliance at the moment which is not sustainable over the season.
      Szobo is an interesting case he was on fire early in the season when he had licence to bomb forward. But now that he is covering for Trent he has been blunted, hope Klopp is not trying to turn him into the next Henderson!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1049: Dec 24, 2023 12:13:48 pm
      Still have not clicked as an attacking unit this season just odd bits of individual brilliance at the moment which is not sustainable over the season.
      Szobo is an interesting case he was on fire early in the season when he had licence to bomb forward. But now that he is covering for Trent he has been blunted, hope Klopp is not trying to turn him into the next Henderson!

Jürgen does seem to like his midfielders to be more conservative in nature and be the link rather than giving one or two of them licence to be more individual.

When it works it really works but when it doesn't it can leave us very infective and lacking in creativity
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,012 posts | 3352 
      Reply #1050: Apr 02, 2024 07:57:12 pm
      Can someone with a better tactical brain than me explain the fixation with centre halves taking two yard goal kicks to the keeper these days?
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,291 posts | 765 
      Reply #1051: Apr 02, 2024 08:13:57 pm
      Can someone with a better tactical brain than me explain the fixation with centre halves taking two yard goal kicks to the keeper these days?
      It would be easier to answer the so-called "Hard problem" Why is the mind conscious?...Why do we experience?...Back to the Goal kicks; it's probably just a fad...a phase that will just vanish as quickly as it emerged.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #1052: Apr 12, 2024 12:57:21 pm
      Presumably every manager we play til the end of the season will have watched that Atalanta performance and thought "ah, if you just man mark them all over the pitch they don't know what to do."

Jürgen needs to address that tactical question before the Palace game, never mind before Atalanta away.

Don Hutchison said on punditry that the best way to combat man marking was to just stand still. Anybody have any clue what the F**k the logic is there? Standing still is what we seemed to be doing.

I'd have thought you'd need to use their man marking against them by pulling them out of position. So CMs drop deep, while CBs step forward. Wide men come inside while strikers run wide into the space that is left. Etc etc.

Our approach was basically to just helplessly pass it backwards until it got to Kelleher to hoof it long. Or to pass it into feet of a guy tightly marked, rather into a space opened up by movement off the ball.

I mean on top of that our defending was an absolute joke. No marking or tracking runners. So there's that as well. But tactically we clearly need to work out how to handle man to man marking, pronto.

On a side note, gotta like their manager. Not least cos he looks like Harpo Marx.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #1053: Apr 12, 2024 08:19:04 pm
      It’s interesting because there was a time about 3-4 years ago where if you dared man mark us you’d end up getting smashed 4-0.

A few key issues currently regarding why we struggle with it now. We lack the Fabinho/Gini type midfielders who loved getting it under pressure and moving the play along. We miss Trent going direct to beat the press. And finally our attack isn’t as clinical as it was to take advantage of the times we play through the press.

At least Trent will be back soon but the other issues will be a headache for the new manager to solve.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1054: Apr 13, 2024 02:17:17 pm
      Presumably every manager we play til the end of the season will have watched that Atalanta performance and thought "ah, if you just man mark them all over the pitch they don't know what to do."

Jürgen needs to address that tactical question before the Palace game, never mind before Atalanta away.

Don Hutchison said on punditry that the best way to combat man marking was to just stand still. Anybody have any clue what the F**k the logic is there? Standing still is what we seemed to be doing.

I'd have thought you'd need to use their man marking against them by pulling them out of position. So CMs drop deep, while CBs step forward. Wide men come inside while strikers run wide into the space that is left. Etc etc.

Our approach was basically to just helplessly pass it backwards until it got to Kelleher to hoof it long. Or to pass it into feet of a guy tightly marked, rather into a space opened up by movement off the ball.

I mean on top of that our defending was an absolute joke. No marking or tracking runners. So there's that as well. But tactically we clearly need to work out how to handle man to man marking, pronto.

On a side note, gotta like their manager. Not least cos he looks like Harpo Marx.

Don Hutchison also thought a budweiser beer bottle label was sound for covering his cock, plus he chose to sign for Everton.

File under clueless North East divvy.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,023 posts | 529 
      Reply #1055: Apr 13, 2024 07:29:03 pm
      It’s interesting because there was a time about 3-4 years ago where if you dared man mark us you’d end up getting smashed 4-0.

A few key issues currently regarding why we struggle with it now. We lack the Fabinho/Gini type midfielders who loved getting it under pressure and moving the play along. We miss Trent going direct to beat the press. And finally our attack isn’t as clinical as it was to take advantage of the times we play through the press.

At least Trent will be back soon but the other issues will be a headache for the new manager to solve.

Good point about Trent's long passing being handy against a high press.

Don't agree about us not having the players to take the ball in tight areas. Mac is usually good at this. Ditto Jones. Endo n Dom usually at least ok at it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1056: Apr 25, 2024 10:43:48 am
      https://www.coachesvoice.com/cv/arne-slot-feyenoord-az-alkmaar-tactics/

It is a sign of the impact he has had in only two jobs as a head coach that, less than four years after stepping into his first role at AZ Alkmaar, Arne Slot has found himself one of the most sought-after managers in Europe. The Dutchman’s reputation has soared in two seasons at Feyenoord, where in 2022/23 he led them to their first Eredivisie title in six years – and only their second this century.

Slot moved into coaching in 2013, after a playing career as a midfielder spent entirely in his native Netherlands. He joined AZ Alkmaar as assistant to John van den Brom in the summer of 2017, and then stepped up to take the number-one job two years later. When the 2019/20 Eredivisie season was abandoned due to Covid in April 2020, AZ were second in the league – behind only Ajax, and that only on goal difference.

Chosen to succeed the much respected Dick Advocaat at Feyenoord in the summer of 2021, Slot led the team to the final of the inaugural Europa Conference League in his first season. There, they would lose narrowly to José Mourinho’s Roma despite dominating in terms of both possession and chances. The progress didn’t end there, of course, as Slot followed a third-place league finish in his first campaign with that impressive run to the title in his second. Another defeat to Mourinho and Roma, this time in the Europa League quarter finals, failed to dent Slot’s rise. Along with Erik ten Hag, he is at the forefront of an exciting new generation of Dutch coaches.

Slot celebrates winning the Eredivisie title with Feyenoord in May 2023 Rico Brouwer/Soccrates/Getty Images
      In possession: building with the double pivot
      In the 2019/20 Eredivisie season that was ultimately abandoned in April 2020, Slot’s AZ Alkmaar ranked second only to an Ajax team managed by Erik ten Hag for average possession. The double pivot Slot used in his preferred 4-2-3-1 structure was key to this. Teun Koopmeiners and Fredrik Midtsjø operated behind the opponents’ first line of pressure, often working the ball around to the team’s advancing full-backs.

In order to create space for the versatile attacking unit ahead of them, especially on the AZ right, the double pivot would also drop into the back line. This created central pockets of space through which they could progress play, but also enabled more consistent advances from the full-backs and, of course, guaranteed cover if possession was lost.

With Feyenoord, Slot retained both the 4-2-3-1 shape in possession, and the double pivot at its heart. Rather than dropping into the back line, however, the likes of Orkun Kökcü and Mats Wieffer operated close to the centre-backs but primarily beyond their opponents’ first line (below). They used short passes to bounce the ball around opposing pressure, often in third-man combinations, in a way not unlike Roberto De Zerbi uses his double pivot at Brighton.

Regular full-backs Marcus Pedersen and Quilindschy Hartman would remain deep in the build-up, but then support in more advanced areas as play progressed up the pitch. Here, the double pivot would support underneath to restart attacking moves or switch play. With Feyenoord’s right-winger often moving inside to support the number 10 earlier than the equivalent in Slot’s AZ team, the resulting midfield box could overload opposing central-midfield trios. This gave the double pivot the opportunity to break lines centrally as well as dominate the ball in the first phase of the build-up.

Attacking quartets
      At AZ, Slot’s double pivot supported underneath the main attacking quartet of number 10, two wide attackers and centre-forward. The full-backs started deep and wide, to eventually support with delayed runs as the front four narrowed. In the 2019/20 Eredivisie season, full-backs Jonas Svensson and Owen Wijndal provided 44 per cent of the team’s crosses.

On the left, right-footed winger Oussami Idrissi – who again teamed up with Slot in the 2022/23 Feyenoord squad – initially held his width longer. From there, he would look to cut inside on his right and shoot, or combine with his central teammates. In that 2019/20 season, the Moroccan ranked joint-third for dribbles, while also often pushing higher to join Myron Boadu in the front line.

On the right, though, there was much more interchange between left-footed right winger Calvin Stengs and number 10 Dani de Wit. At times, both would play inside, almost as two number 10s (below). This gave right-back Svensson much more space to advance into earlier in attacking moves. As well as numerous crosses, the Norwegian provided a significant number of key passes to break opposing back lines.

Slot used a similar attacking structure at Feyenoord, with the double pivot supporting right-side rotations. These movements occurred earlier than at AZ, however, and with better passers in central defence the team managed more combinations between the lines and were more equipped to break more compact blocks.

Crosses continued to feature heavily on the right side, with the rotations between Pedersen and Javairô Dilrosun or Alireza Jahanbakhsh creating both crossing opportunities and passing lines into the number nine – usually Santiago Giménez or Danilo. Idrissi operated in his familiar role off the left, dribbling inside and frequently combining with number 10 Sebastian Szymanski. The Polish playmaker often moved to the left inside channel, allowing the right winger to invert even further.

Out of possession: The high press
      During his time at AZ, Slot favoured an organised and purposeful press – often using the winger and full-back pairing to jump aggressively when opposing teams sent the ball wide. This would leave a back line of three, with the double pivot screening and covering ahead of them. The number 10 pushed across to support this wide jump, often pressing the opposing pivot player closest to the ball (below). The centre-forward supported this pressure by locking play one way and ideally preventing the ball between the opposition centre-backs.

The double pivot were extremely aggressive without the ball, often jumping to press very high. Here, the player on the far side of the ball had licence to leave their covering role and move towards opposing midfielders. This led to more regains in midfield – Koopmeiners and Midtsjø both ranked in AZ’s top three at defensive duels – but it did leave gaps in midfield if their regain attempts failed. The team also left gaps in the inside channels if their high-pressing full-backs failed to recover back in time.

At Feyenoord, Slot has employed more variety in the front line when pressing. Despite setting up in the same 4-2-3-1 shape, he has at times included an extra player, pressing high with a front three – both man for man against a back three or against a back four.

Here, the number 10 would jump high alongside the central striker, with one of the two wingers moving higher for longer periods without the ball. The trigger for this was usually the number nine jumping to force the ball one way, more often than not to the Feyenoord right. The number 10 would push forward to press centrally, with the left winger then joining the press on the opposite side. This extra player in the front line gave Slot’s Feyenoord a much stronger threat on goal in the event of any high regain.

Defensive blocks
      Slot’s teams don’t overcommit to the high press, however. If such opportunities aren’t available, they are comfortable dropping into a more reserved block. At AZ, the wingers worked back to offer deeper support alongside the double pivot in a 4-4-1-1 defensive shape. Here, the number nine and 10 alternated who would pressure the centre-backs and who covered access into the midfield pivot.

Although now in a more reserved block, the AZ full-backs still jumped out to apply pressure in the wide areas. Right-back Svensson, for example, was among the highest-ranked for defensive duels in the 2019/20 Eredivisie. Cover inside the jumping full-back would primarily come from the closest of the double pivot – a defensive strategy Mourinho often uses – or, when needed, the now much deeper winger.

Feyenoord also use a more reserved block when required, although Slot would still encourage aggressive pressure from within that block – and also allow for intense pressing in the wide areas. The versatile Lutsharel Geertruida, who can play both centre-back and full-back, has been ideal in this role, with Pedersen another strong dueller at full-back.

The covering double pivot would be supported by withdrawn wingers in what becomes a 4-4-2 block (above), with number 10 Szymanski joining the central forward in the front line, as opposed to the staggered 4-4-1-1 at AZ. Kökcü and Wieffer are adept at covering any wide jumps from the full-backs, but also flexible enough to defend as a central-midfield pairing – the midfielders have been Feyenoord’s two highest duellers in the 2022/23 title-winning season.

Slot’s achievements in a relatively short career as a head coach have established him as a manager capable of testing his skills in a more competitive league than the Eredivisie. Both in and out of possession, his teams have proven an interesting and effective watch. It would be fascinating to see if, like his countryman Ten Hag, he could transfer that to the Premier League.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #1057: Apr 25, 2024 10:47:30 am
      Reading a bit about him above and if he wants to translate what he has done in Eredivise I think he'll need at least one CM to work in his double pivot and then move MacAllister as his 10, a position he feels is his best.

Trent would either have to play in the double pivot, not convinced he would succeed here myself, or move back to the more traditional full back we seen in the title season and either side of that.

Need another proper striker as Jota is prone to spells out and Nunez ain't up to it I'm afraid.

We have the bulk of a squad he could work with with tweaking as I, along with others on here, feel the bulk of this squad now is more suited to 4 2 3 1 than what we are currently trying to do.
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2024 11:26:55 am by srslfc »

Quick Reply