Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W12 D4 L6

Tactics geeks of the world unite...

Read 73234 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,219 posts | 2866 
      Re: Tactics geeks of the world unite...
      Reply #810: Feb 24, 2019 05:13:44 pm
      That midfield 3 combination played exactly how you expect it to play.
      Physical and full of running, impossible to play or pass through.

But going forward completely un -creative and devoid of much attacking instinct and wouldn’t know how to create a chance if they were still playing.

A uncreative midfield is nothing new we have had one for the last 10 years.
      Why sign someone like Keita if he is going to sit in the bench?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,312 posts | 1169 
      Reply #811: Feb 24, 2019 05:28:57 pm
      That midfield 3 combination played exactly how you expect it to play.
      Physical and full of running, impossible to play or pass through.

But going forward completely un -creative and devoid of much attacking instinct and wouldn’t know how to create a chance if they were still playing.

A uncreative midfield is nothing new we have had one for the last 10 years.
      Why sign someone like Keita if he is going to sit in the bench?

That midfield got the ball into the front three in and around the box enough times today (particularly in the first half) only for Salah, Mane or Studge to fluff their lines. I was happy enough with the three lads who started, I just didn’t understand why Zkeita wasn’t the first option off the bench when it needed changing up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,219 posts | 2866 
      Reply #812: Feb 24, 2019 05:45:28 pm
      That midfield got the ball into the front three in and around the box enough times today (particularly in the first half) only for Salah, Mane or Studge to fluff their lines. I was happy enough with the three lads who started, I just didn’t understand why Zkeita wasn’t the first option off the bench when it needed changing up.

They got the ball up there with them back to goal, that’s hardly breaking the lines or finding someone in space making a run.
      Scottbot

• 7,312 posts | 1169 
      Reply #813: Feb 24, 2019 05:58:27 pm
      They got the ball up there with them back to goal, that’s hardly breaking the lines or finding someone in space making a run.

Mane and Salah both had the ball faced up in their area and we also got to the by line within the penalty area on a couple of occasions but final ball throughout the first half was poor. 2nd half I can’t recall us even getting into those positions. Keita on 55-60 mins was the sub I expected to see.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,555 posts | 1659 
      Reply #814: Feb 24, 2019 06:10:06 pm
      Mane and Salah both had the ball faced up in their area and we also got to the by line within the penalty area on a couple of occasions but final ball throughout the first half was poor. 2nd half I can’t recall us even getting into those positions. Keita on 55-60 mins was the sub I expected to see.

First half wasn't that bad. Hendo and Wijnaldum were getting into decent areas, but as you say, the final ball wasn't there. As for second half, correct me if i am wrong, but it was a shift in midfield where Hendo and Fab were more sitting and Wijnaldum in the half spaces which seemed to have swung the pendulum and made us less attack minded. And as HScRed1 eluded to, it felt as if we just pumped hopeless long balls into our forwards.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,219 posts | 2866 
      Reply #815: Mar 04, 2019 11:06:43 am
      The last time a LFC midfielder scored a winning goal........May 2017 Emre with the overhead v Watford
       :roll:

We are way to reliant on the front 3.

Double up on them and cut out the supply from full backs which decent teams can do quite easily the we get to a situation we have seen since post Christmas.

Doesn’t help that Klopp keeps going for a flat 3 in midfield.

Quick Reply