Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Samed Yesil (Bayer Leverkusen)

Read 8674 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Samed Yesil (Bayer Leverkusen)
      Reply #23: Aug 30, 2012 03:46:53 pm
      For me, the Bundesliga is my favourite league outside the Prem. there are so many gifted players and the majority have great attitudes. Can only say 'thank you' to Sami. No doubt he has played a role in this move.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #24: Aug 30, 2012 03:47:42 pm
      Looks promising to me and it looks like we have stolen a march on the ITKs once again.  :gt-happyup:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Aug 30, 2012 04:10:55 pm
      Samed Yesil Can Be Arsenal’s Goal Machine For The Next Decade
      Arsenal have sworn off goal poachers in the past. Will Wenger abandon this belief for a talent like Samed Yesil?

He'll Be Better Than Francis Jeffers. Honest

Arsenal are reportedly making eyes at teenage German striker Samed Yesil. But after the wunderkind’s masterclass in the art of foraging on Thursday, it’s time Arsene stopped faffing around and got the chequebook out.

“I get stuck in where it hurts because I want to score goals. It doesn’t matter if I get kicked or fouled. The important thing is I score.” Sounds like my kind of striker, Samed Yesil, in conversation here with FIFA.com.

The young German has been certainly been getting stuck in at the U-17 World Cup in Mexico, adding yet more impressive stats to a career that already seems destined to be a prolific one.

Aside from grabbing 23 goals in 20 games for Bayer Leverkusen’s U-19 side last season, the perfectly proportioned centre-forward has now netted 19 times in 20 appearances for his country, including eight in qualifying for the UEFA European Under-17 Championship, three in the finals themselves and another six in the world finals, two of them against England in the last eight. Little wonder, then, his team-mates have dubbed the sturdy striker of Turkish extraction “Gerd”, after the greatest German finisher of them all.

I get stuck in where it hurts because I want to score goals. It doesn’t matter if I get kicked or fouled
      With stats like that, the snobs of football might be tempted to label him one of those strikers who only scores goals, like there’s anything wrong with that. But there’s more to the new Bomber’s armoury than just hanging around in the box gobbling up chance after chance. There’s something Romario-like about him. Squat, explosive, brilliant on the ball and two-footed to boot, Yesil is a penalty-box opportunist who can create chances as well as score them, a point he’s proved serving up three assists for his team-mates in Mexico so far.

And, as he showed in Germany’s thrilling 3-2 semi-final defeat to the tournament hosts on Thursday night, young Yesil is also a coach’s dream, capable of adapting to any tactical formation and still carry a goal threat.

Against the Mexicans, Germany gaffer Steffen Freund has him playing as a lone striker in leg-sapping 34-degree heat, the sharpest of tips on a 4-1-4-1 formation. It’s clear from the opening minutes that he’s only going to be living off scraps while his team-mates attempt to neuter the hosts’ Barça-lite passing game. But of all the strikers on show in Mexico few have displayed Yesil’s ability to feast on the slimmest of pickings.

Freund’s Super Bubis are already one down by the time Yesil gets his first real touch of the ball, nine minutes in. It ends in a goal. Spiriting the ball away from centre-half Antonio Briseño’s toes, he takes a stride forward and drills home a low shot from outside the box.

A sumptuous floated pass into the path of an advancing team-mate follows, and then he’s off on an electrifying run from the middle of the Mexican half, taking the ball past three defenders and shooting just wide.

Yesil single-handedly keeping the Mexico rearguard occupied, the rest of the team can focus on stifling the home side’s fightback.
      He should have a second goal five minutes before half-time. Peeling away from his markers, he latches onto a long lofted pass from Levent Aycicek and has only the advancing keeper to beat. Choosing to lob the ball with his right foot rather than take it round him, he sends his effort just past the post. Then, snatching possession again from the hapless Briseño on the left, he almost creates another chance.

It’s hard to imagine what more a striker can do on such little supply. And when he’s not causing Mexico’s central defenders headaches and taking them on at every turn, he’s tracking back to defend corners and pulling out wide to create space for Germany’s dangerous midfield runners. There’s no chasing lost causes though. It’s all about energy conservation in conditions like these.

A deft lay-off at the start of the second half almost sets up Aycicek, before Emre Can, another of Germany’s frighteningly talented young Turks, puts them ahead with a superb solo goal. Freund’s canny tactics appear to have paid off: with Yesil single-handedly keeping the Mexico rearguard occupied, the rest of the team can focus on stifling the home side’s fightback.

Out of the game for ten minutes as the pace drops, he collects the ball on the halfway line and switches play to the right flank with a classy crossfield pass to flying wing-back Mitchell Weiser. Mexico then force a scruffy equaliser from a corner, and as the heat and the hosts’ possession play start to take their toll, Yesil is increasingly marginalised. He’s still peeling off to the wing to win the ball, but the midfield support is drying up.

Gomez’s cracking bicycle-kick wins it for the hosts late on. A half-chance materialises for Yesil but keeper Sanchez is quickly off his line … and grimacing as the striker leaves half a boot in. An ultimately frustrating afternoon ends with a snipe at the referee for blowing up too early, but there’s not much more “Gerd” could have done today. He hardly had a kick, and yet he almost had a hat-trick.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/samed-yesil-can-be-arsenals-goal-machine-for-the-next-decade/

Interesting article on a player who seems to contain the vital ingredient which we currently lack.
      GOALS.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #26: Aug 30, 2012 04:24:50 pm
      Whooooooo???
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27: Aug 30, 2012 04:28:59 pm
       I've followed this lads career since he was 13 and scored on his debut for his youth club. If you search back through my 7000 posts, you'll find I've mentioned him a couple of times.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Aug 30, 2012 04:31:04 pm
      Good record he has for himself there. Just to be wary though Florent Sinema Pongolle got 9 goals in 6 games at the 2001 FIFA U17 world cup but never really cut it at top level.

For £1M though we can't go too far wrong.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #29: Aug 30, 2012 04:33:26 pm
      I've followed this lads career since he was 13 and scored on his debut for his youth club. If you search back through my 7000 posts, you'll find I've mentioned him a couple of times.

Give us your thoughts / insight then mate - I will admit I was aware of a young German striker pulling up trees but couldn't have even named him.

Strengths? Weaknesses? Style?

All education welcomed
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #30: Aug 30, 2012 04:35:44 pm
      First problem Mick ! You haven't made 7000 posts ?!?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #31: Aug 30, 2012 04:36:24 pm
      Give us your thoughts / insight then mate - I will admit I was aware of a young German striker pulling up trees but couldn't have even named him.

Strengths? Weaknesses? Style?

All education welcomed

Sorry mate I haven't got any thoughts and even less insight, I've actually never heard of him. I just thought I'd get in first as someone always claims to be genned up on any prospective new signing, regardless of how obscure he may appear to the likes of me. Apologies for going off on a tangent.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Aug 30, 2012 04:36:47 pm
      I read Scotias post as being sarcastic like yours Mick. Perhaps am wrong!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #33: Aug 30, 2012 04:37:54 pm

Lies. You've not got 7,000 posts.
      Charlatan.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: Aug 30, 2012 04:38:49 pm
      We've found him out. He's lying. I doubt he's actually ever heard of him!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #35: Aug 30, 2012 04:39:45 pm
      First problem Mick ! You haven't made 7000 posts ?!?

It just feels like it if any poor buggers read most of em  ;). In all honesty and fairness the difficulty with a lot of these really young players is that very few actually go onto make it when they are prised out of their country of origin at such a young age. So many fade into obscurity at so many different clubs, that I'm fairly convinced it would often be in their best interests staying at home to further their footballing education. Fabregas and Messi are two examples of youngsters who relocated and made it, but there are hundreds who don't.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #36: Aug 30, 2012 04:41:35 pm

Sorry mate I haven't got any thoughts and even less insight, I've actually never heard of him. I just thought I'd get in first as someone always claims to be genned up on any prospective new signing, regardless of how obscure he may appear to the likes of me. Apologies for going off on a tangent.

Ah missed the sarcasm there - 2nd time that's happened today. Im starting to I'm a closet sociopath with no awareness regard or interest in the feelings of others. Either that or the rest of you on here - well you're all wrong all the time.

Hmmm that must be crushing for you all.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 30, 2012 04:41:57 pm
      Only 17 and can score, ill take him.  I'm sure if we sign him, it will be for the first team.  Probably on the bench for now though. 
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #38: Aug 30, 2012 04:46:52 pm

It just feels like it if any poor buggers read most of em  ;). In all honesty and fairness the difficulty with a lot of these really young players is that very few actually go onto make it when they are prised out of their country of origin at such a young age. So many fade into obscurity at so many different clubs, that I'm fairly convinced it would often be in their best interests staying at home to further their footballing education. Fabregas and Messi are two examples of youngsters who relocated and made it, but there are hundreds who don't.

Good point. If this lad comes, let's hope he settles in quickly and of course keeps on scoring.

It's not too much of a gamble for a million quid, although there are probably add-ons to that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #39: Aug 30, 2012 04:54:15 pm

That's my boy!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #40: Aug 30, 2012 05:20:49 pm
      Hope this comes off, I love signing youngsters, even if it's rare they break through, but we've been given recent hope with Sterling!

It would be a kick up the arse for young Adam Morgan too, kind of make or break time for him.

In an ideal world, it could spur him on to greater things.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #41: Aug 30, 2012 05:30:58 pm
      Hope this comes off, I love signing youngsters, even if it's rare they break through, but we've been given recent hope with Sterling!

It would be a kick up the arse for young Adam Morgan too, kind of make or break time for him.

In an ideal world, it could spur him on to greater things.

Rodgers seems to really like Morgan too, so it will be interesting to see how this lad fits in.  I partly think Morgan is good to have around for no other reason than he works his socks off and will make other players work harder during training!!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #42: Aug 30, 2012 06:05:20 pm
      He was born on the 25th of May and is from Turkey. Good signs, so far!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #43: Aug 30, 2012 06:09:36 pm
      He was born on the 25th of May and is from Turkey. Good signs, so far!
      :D
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #44: Aug 30, 2012 07:35:24 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-sign-youth-striker

Done and dusted...Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Samed Yesil from German club Bayer Leverkusen.

The 18-year-old striker will bolster the club's youth ranks after passing a medical on Thursday.

And he told Liverpoolfc.com: "The first thing is that I have to train and then in one or two years I hope, step by step, to be in the first team.

"It is my dream to play for Liverpool and I will give my all."

Yesil has scored 22 goals in 26 appearances for Germany at U16, U17 and U18 level.

He was second top scorer in last summer's FIFA U17 World Cup after netting six goals in Mexico.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #45: Aug 30, 2012 07:36:01 pm
      Not in the first team plans, expecting another striker by tomorrow night.
      Reds complete youth striker
      Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Samed Yesil from German club Bayer Leverkusen.

The 18-year-old striker will bolster the club's youth ranks after passing a medical on Thursday.

And he told Liverpoolfc.com: "The first thing is that I have to train and then in one or two years I hope, step by step, to be in the first team.

"It is my dream to play for Liverpool and I will give my all."

Yesil has scored 22 goals in 26 appearances for Germany at U16, U17 and U18 level.

He was second top scorer in last summer's FIFA U17 World Cup after netting six goals in Mexico.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-complete-youth-striker

Quick Reply