Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Managing Expectation. Way forward.

Read 1284 times
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 630 posts | 33 
      Managing Expectation. Way forward.
      Sep 01, 2012 05:49:51 am
      I think instead of playing the blame game, this is a time to do an assessment of what we have and where they would take us.

For me the blame is on the whole club, owners managers, fans, players, staff.

We all have a share in making things the way they currently are. U can choose to pick which one of the above has the most impact to determine our fate but i'll like to look inwards to see what we can do now to ensure we still challenge and what we need to do so that in Janurary we dont end up waiting until last minute to do our business.

I think we need to look at the clubs scouting team/ network, i believe there is a lot of deficiency in that department. Since its the money ball way we want to go, unlike base ball where everything relies on stats in football stats on its own doesnt tell the whole story though can help in building the story. The owners can help the manger solve that problem. The more players we scout especially outside England the more options we will have when trying to sign players, that way we wouldnt be held to ransom over most transfers. If the scouting department/ club had options maybe we wouldnt have been stuck with Carroll or been waiting on just Dempsey etc.

The manager on his part was also quick to talk down some of his players and keen to get rid of them, though again that might have been the mandate given to him when he agreed to manage the club so i wouldnt be quick to criticize ( till date i still remain one of Rafa's ardent supporters but the few on field decisions by the new manager is winning or has even won me over) He should have done most of his business early though like i said this might not entirelt have been his fault. He needs to expand his horizon and not zero in on only Swansea and the Premeir League market.

The supporters/ fans on our own need to manage expectation. I still believed we had a squad to challenge for 1-4th last season, and a lil bit of negatives from different areas acummulated to the poor season we had though we got to 2 cup finals and won one. This season before the close of the transfer window i still believed we could make 4th. Now depending on what happens between now and Janurary i'm kinda coy on expecting too much, there are just too many variables (new manager, a squad in transition, new style, lack of depth at least in experienced first team players but a rich youth team which could end up being to our advantage, distraction of the Europa and the lack of significant in coming transfer ) it would be crazy for me to criticize the manager if we dont do better than last season.

In summary basically in my own opinion, each club has its model and no 2 clubs can be the same, we need to invest in youth which i think we are doing, expand our scouting network and get behind the club (Manager, Team and believe it or not the owners) so that as a unit we can forge the way forward.

YWNA

Quick Reply