Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool 1-1 Hearts (2-1 on agg) In game and post match thoughts

Read 25474 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Re: Liverpool v Hearts: Live Match thread
      Reply #414: Aug 31, 2012 01:30:37 am
      Just not convinced with Suarez as the centre of the top 3

He scored, thats what he is being played there for. he misses chances but he creates them too and people tend to forget that, when suarez is struggling then we as a team struggle to breakdown teams.

All the strikers miss chances but i agree on that suarez has tendency to miss more. but unlike you i dont want him to be moved on the left or right since i see him as our biggest threat to the opposition. being in middle means more time on the ball. i say give him more room in the middle and let him roam freely.

We as a team need to score more goals and not depend on one guy, everybody needs to chip in. My point is that i know our finishing was poor last season but i think this season it will be different. The team needs to be playing in their position day in and day out, so everybody knows their past.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #415: Aug 31, 2012 06:04:14 am
      He scored, thats what he is being played there for. he misses chances but he creates them too and people tend to forget that, when suarez is struggling then we as a team struggle to breakdown teams.

All the strikers miss chances but i agree on that suarez has tendency to miss more. but unlike you i dont want him to be moved on the left or right since i see him as our biggest threat to the opposition. being in middle means more time on the ball. i say give him more room in the middle and let him roam freely.

If we get someone like Sturridge though, I can't see Suarez being the middle man.

I personally think hes better on the right. Causes all sorts of problems with the back line and can drift in whenever he likes (he also loves those shimmies into the box from the wings near the byline).
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #416: Aug 31, 2012 07:25:22 am
      If we get someone like Sturridge though, I can't see Suarez being the middle man.

I personally think hes better on the right. Causes all sorts of problems with the back line and can drift in whenever he likes (he also loves those shimmies into the box from the wings near the byline).

Judging by comments from others as well about Suarez being on the right, why can't the manager see it?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #417: Aug 31, 2012 08:49:26 am
      For the record as much stick as Pepe is getting I would be very disappointed should he have made the mistake that the Hearts keeper made for Luis goal..

About as bad for me getting beat near post like that..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #418: Aug 31, 2012 09:09:31 am
      Judging by comments from others as well about Suarez being on the right, why can't the manager see it?
      Suarez's finishing is woeful for all the fantastic stuff he does to create a chance he blows it time and time again.We need a number 9
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #419: Aug 31, 2012 09:10:21 am
      Last night was another re-run of last seasons home games so different manager few different player same result.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #420: Aug 31, 2012 09:33:49 am
      Totally uncalled for mate :mad:
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #421: Aug 31, 2012 09:55:33 am

Think that is more of a reaction mate. We all swear react badly at mistakes.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #422: Aug 31, 2012 10:29:59 am
      I was so dissapointed in Pepe for that howler...but im sure he will beat himself up more and do better. At least the next game is Arsenal, where he made that poor mistake last season, so i guess this is a better game to have made a mistake.

Overall, i think BR must realise that we are crying out for a striker... alot of these games can be settled if we take the chances created. FFS we had about 2-3 clear chances which Luis missed and we simply cannot afford it.

Anyways we won which is all that matters, since we are in a transition period now. More to come for sure!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #423: Aug 31, 2012 10:35:11 am
      Pepe seems shot at the moment, nothing to do all night and then that. Overall not a great night but to be honest Hearts never threatened at all until the goal. Again missing chances and a bad final ball let us down. Luis was drivng me nuts until he scored, Morgan did okay when he settled down and was unlucky with the goal. Downing did okay, Kelly seems to have a few dozy moments, a bit worried about Stevie. The star for me was Allen who just got stronger as the game went on, he looks a real gem.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #424: Aug 31, 2012 12:18:51 pm
      Not the greatest european night, but it was enough, so cant really complain. Did get a little worried after they scored I had that "oh not again" feeling, but thanks to luis finally converting a chance were in the pot today, and I thought it was a good gesture from him to lucas. I think thats why he missed to many chances, to concerned about revealing his "get well soon card" to Lucas :D but we got the job done, and in the end, thats all that matters, to me anyways.

The star for me was Allen who just got stronger as the game went on, he looks a real gem.
      Before he came to us I couldnt belive all the hype, all be bit I saw little of him before he started playing for us, and I have to agree exellent performance from the lad last night, he has the heart and desire we all want every player to have, and considering his age can only get better, really pleased we got him on our books.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #425: Aug 31, 2012 12:22:39 pm
      I just hope we stuck a £70m buying out clause in his contract befroe Barca come looking for a replacement for Iniesta in a few years. Little boogers.

Forward thinking.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Hearts (2-1 on agg) In game and post match thoughts
      Reply #426: Aug 31, 2012 10:29:38 pm
      Don't know if they were posted yet. But these are the pots for the Europa League draw:

That blue box is a real who's who of European football
      waz112003
      • Banned

• 70 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Hearts (2-1 on agg) In game and post match thoughts
      Reply #427: Sep 01, 2012 12:47:03 pm
      At least we're in the group stage of UEFA Europa League we cannot point fingers at one players so we must learn as a team the mistake?

Quick Reply