Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

August 2012 - Transfer deadline day gossip

Read 77453 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Transfer deadline day gossip
      Reply #1449: Sep 01, 2012 05:42:18 pm
      As I thought

So the one accusing people of hypocrisy is in fact just clueless.

No need for the sarcasm PD  :angry-smiley-034:

PGLFC is a new poster, give him a bit of leeway please.

I think what he meant was that when we signed Carroll, he didn't exactly hit the heights that we were expecting from him, in fact he had a pretty sh*t season until the last 6 weeks of last season, I hoped he'd stay, I think he could have given us a superb option up front, but he's gone and the fact that we haven't signed a replacement is absolutely unbelievable, but as he scored less than half a dozen goals last season are we really gonna miss him that much?
      I'm sure Borini, Sterling and even Morgan will score more than that..........lets wait and see.

HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1450: Sep 01, 2012 05:44:07 pm
      No problem, so had I to be honest ;D YNWA :)

;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1451: Sep 01, 2012 05:44:55 pm
      No need for the sarcasm PD  :angry-smiley-034:

PGLFC is a new poster, give him a bit of leeway please.

I think what he meant was that when we signed Carroll, he didn't exactly hit the heights that we were expecting from him, in fact he had a pretty sh*t season until the last 6 weeks of last season, I hoped he'd stay, I think he could have given us a superb option up front, but he's gone and the fact that we haven't signed a replacement is absolutely unbelievable, but as he scored less than half a dozen goals last season are we really gonna miss him that much?
      I'm sure Borini, Sterling and even Morgan will score more than that..........lets wait and see.

Come on Cas I know he is your mate but you don't have to wrap him in cotton wool...

He can stand up for himself... If he believes something all he needs to do it be consistent
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1452: Sep 01, 2012 05:54:30 pm
      Come on Cas I know he is your mate but you don't have to wrap him in cotton wool...

He can stand up for himself... If he believes something all he needs to do it be consistent

He is my mate but that's got nothing to do with it, he's a big boy he can stick up for himself, I just don't like other posters ganging up on a newbie. That's all.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1453: Sep 01, 2012 05:59:46 pm
      He is my mate but that's got nothing to do with it, he's a big boy he can stick up for himself, I just don't like other posters ganging up on a newbie. That's all.

No ganging up...

Just didn't agree with his post...

Surely they don't need a certain post count before we can interact with them?

He came back, held his own... Alls good..

PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #1454: Sep 01, 2012 06:02:46 pm

Paisley, I made the comment about hypocrisy because I was getting fed up with peoples double standards over the Carroll affair it was just my observation of proceedings, no more no less.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1455: Sep 01, 2012 06:06:32 pm
      Ok lads, lets draw a line under this now and move on. Cheers xx
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1456: Sep 01, 2012 06:06:49 pm
      I really don't have a reason to stand by them except for the fact I can step away from the last day of the window and look at what they are trying to do for our club and seeing they've invested loads of money

But they haven't mate and that's the rub... they've "invested" none of their own money in transfers - just like their predecessors, sadly.

They "invested" by buying the club at a knock-down price. That particular aspect portfolio has grown without any further "investment" what so ever.

I know Ayres will get the rap but do we genuinely believe if he knew, for sure, that John Henry & Co would have dipped into their own "resources"; he wouldn't have just paid the extra for Dempsey (and or) one other? To my mind they are every bit as culpable and for anyone (not aimed at you btw) to deny that is just plainly ridiculous.

Anyhow I appreciate your non-defensive reply so it's all good, as far as I'm concerned. Although I will need to get out of here before Paul Revere and the minute-men wake up.  ;D

Be good Baustinsali, catch you later.  8)
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #1457: Sep 01, 2012 06:09:54 pm
      But they haven't mate and that's the rub... they've "invested" none of their own money in transfers - just like their predecessors, sadly.

They "invested" by buying the club at a knock-down price. That particular aspect portfolio has grown without any further "investment" what so ever.

I know Ayres will get the rap but do we genuinely believe that if he knew, for sure, John Henry & Co would have dipped into their own "resources"; he wouldn't have just paid the extra for Dempsey (and or) one other? To my mind they are every bit as culpable and for anyone (not aimed at you btw) to deny that is just plainly ridiculous.

Anyhow I appreciate your non-defensive reply so it's all good, as far as I'm concerned. Although I will need to get out of here before Paul Revere and the minute-men wake up.  ;D

Be good Baustinsali, catch you later.  8)

It's all good mate, I love good banter. Cheers!

But my whole point is, until we know the facts (which will come out), why insist that these owners are bad for us? For me it's like seeing the club on the up and then one day people suddenly hit the panic button and are now using the media to prove why the owners are bad for us, when really the media has proven time and time again that they are bad for the club. They hover around us until something bad happens and then takes whatever "rumors" that are neither confirmed nor denied and pass it off as fact. My ultimate response is please for the love of all that is Fowler, wait to make an opinion until the facts come out. I honestly laughed this morning when the supposed miscommunication rumor came out.....just proves that no one knows what happened.

But If FSG are doing something shady and have lied to Rodgers you can be sure as day that I will admit I was wrong and jump on the YANKSOUT train but until we are absolutely sure you don't want that kind of publicity at the club. That's the only reason I am sticking by the owners until I can't, because it's the best way to support the club at the moment. If new information comes out and can be confirmed (or close to it) then I will make a judgement on FSG.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1458: Sep 01, 2012 06:12:17 pm
      Paisley, I made the comment about hypocrisy because I was getting fed up with peoples double standards over the Carroll affair it was just my observation of proceedings, no more no less.

Fine tips la...

No problem with that at all... I just came back with an alternative and why some weren't being hypocrites...

All good mate.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1459: Sep 01, 2012 06:16:17 pm
      I wish FSG were as adept at putting goal scorers on the payroll as they obviously are at appointing scapegoats.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1460: Sep 01, 2012 06:17:14 pm
      I wish FSG were as adept at putting goal scorers on the payroll as they obviously are at appointing scapegoats.

I don't know Stuey, us fans have done a fine job on scapegoats over the years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1461: Sep 01, 2012 06:21:32 pm
      I don't know Stuey, us fans have done a fine job on scapegoats over the years.
      One or two gobshites do spring to mind.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #1462: Sep 01, 2012 09:47:16 pm

Well said mate. People who were slagging Carroll off when we were getting rid of him and then lauding him when we hadn't replaced him are exactly what you said, hypocrites.

If they thought a player was sh*te and not good enough for Liverpool Football Club then thye should stick by that opinion. By saying we should have kept him once they found out he hadn't been replaced they are making themselves hypocritical by virtue. Why would they want to keep a player here who was sh*te?, because we didn't get a replacement?, that's ridiculous.

For the record, i love Andy Carroll, i'm gonna miss the lad, he's working class, he works hard and he gets Liverpool Football Club, the people and the City. He's got a good set of skills and he's only going to get better.

He could have fittted into Brendan's side and system, doing exactly what Danny Graham did at Swansea. There's more to this story than meets the eye. I've got a feeling that the owners screwed Brendan by telling him he had to get rid of Carroll to bring players in. When in fact they had no intention of bringing any extra players in at all.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #1463: Sep 01, 2012 10:06:38 pm
      Well said mate. People who were slagging Carroll off when we were getting rid of him and then lauding him when we hadn't replaced him are exactly what you said, hypocrites.

If they thought a player was sh*te and not good enough for Liverpool Football Club then thye should stick by that opinion. By saying we should have kept him once they found out he hadn't been replaced they are making themselves hypocritical by virtue. Why would they want to keep a player here who was sh*te?, because we didn't get a replacement?, that's ridiculous.

For the record, i love Andy Carroll, i'm gonna miss the lad, he's working class, he works hard and he gets Liverpool Football Club, the people and the City. He's got a good set of skills and he's only going to get better.

He could have fittted into Brendan's side and system, doing exactly what Danny Graham did at Swansea. There's more to this story than meets the eye. I've got a feeling that the owners screwed Brendan by telling him he had to get rid of Carroll to bring players in. When in fact they had no intention of bringing any extra players in at all.

Thank you Hardcore, I was just hearing too much of it so couldn't help but comment, I think the lad showed his worth by getting stuck in straight away at W.Ham, shame he got injured, but while out on loan he hones his skills and we have him back after a year it could work out ok....we just have too survive in the mean time, its up to Borini and others to step up to the plate.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1464: Sep 02, 2012 03:16:23 am
      The owners sign the checks mate. Bren wants a player they sign the player. It was £5M up front. Liverpool should never be struggling to find an extra £2M to sign a player the manager wants, especially when he was blatantly given assurances that if he got rid of players off the wage bill he could sign players. Under no circumstance should we have been left in the position we are in tonight, and that is not the fault of the manager, who does not deal with the negotiations.

The whole thing stinks of a lack of communication, and if they bothered to pop over once in a while it may well not have happened.

In one, good post mate.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #1465: Sep 03, 2012 08:05:01 am
      Craig Gordon as a back up for Reina - Free agent?

so anyone??
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1466: Sep 03, 2012 09:07:34 am

Why when we have 3 other keepers on the books, one of whom is very highly rated, in Gulacsi.
      Bier
      Reply #1467: Sep 03, 2012 06:05:33 pm
      Just read on a reliable Dutch website that we were trying to sign Dorus de Vries to be our backup keeper last friday  but the deal collapsed as the difference between offer and asking price was too big.
      Soul
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Se os mais fortes sobrevivem nós seremos eternos!
      Reply #1468: Sep 24, 2012 11:23:20 pm
      Supposedly the liverpool are interested in hiring Quaresma .
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #1469: Sep 26, 2012 07:43:43 am
      Supposedly the liverpool are interested in hiring Quaresma .

Source?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1471: Sep 26, 2012 09:28:45 am
      Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole - overrated primadonna who has wasted any talent he had. Would rather play Sterling and Suso

Quick Reply