Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Comic Books

Read 2132 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Comic Books
      Aug 31, 2012 12:20:12 am
      There are a couple of threads about comic books already but they were so old I thought it could be a better idea to have a new one.

Well, for some reason I never took much interest in comic books, even though a few friends of mine were avid fans, however after watching films like Watchmen and V for Vendetta (both are great IMO) I realized I could be missing something. Since then I've been thinking of getting those Alan Moore comic books but never did, until this week.

I ordered not only Watchmen and V for Vendetta, but also "Sandman", "It's a Bird" and "Y: The Last Man", based on what I read about them on the net. I'm starting to read "American Vampire" online as well.

Does anyone else like that kind stuff? Any recomendations?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Comic Books
      Reply #1: Aug 31, 2012 02:40:44 am
      A comic book reading, Vespa rider.

I'm beginning to build up an image of you...

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Aug 31, 2012 03:01:01 am
      I've been digging right in to Batman comics for the past year now.

Need to dig deeper though...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Aug 31, 2012 03:30:20 am
      A comic book reading, Vespa rider.

I'm beginning to build up an image of you...

:lmao:

Talking to my girlfriend earlier today I realized comic books were one of the only nerd things I didn't like, it was probably about time I took some interest on it!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Aug 31, 2012 07:48:33 am
      I bought my sister the Season 8 Buffy comics for her birthday, the way she's raving about them, wish I'd read them before wrapping them.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #5: Aug 31, 2012 02:27:02 pm
      One of my favorite comic book/graphic novels was Batman: Hush from like 2002. Jim Lee is a fantastic artist, great story too.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #6: Oct 11, 2012 05:00:05 pm
      I collected for a Loooooong time. From mid 80's up to early 2000's. I have 15 short boxes. Mostly Marvel.  I was never into DC except Batman.
      But, I had so many friends who would break my balls about collecting comic books and made fun of me when I went to the shop every week, then as soon as the Spiderman movies came out then X-Men, Iron Man etc.. all of a sudden they were huge fans and I had to answer all their questions about Wolverine and tell them his adamantium claws are not his mutant ability or how Xavier ended up in a wheel chair

But, F**k it. I love it. Wolverine and the X-Men are bad ass and the movies were great. But now, I cant get cheap books anymore and now everytime I go to get a book they're sold out and overpriced on Ebay. What can you do?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #7: Jan 01, 2013 08:48:09 pm
      I've always had an interest in Comic book characters and a lot of the stories but I've never really collected them?

Anyone else hear about The Amazing Spiderman #700? A lot of uproar about this one, they're killing Peter Parker and Dr. Octavious will become the new Spiderman.

Quick Reply