Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?

Read 10315 times
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #69: Sep 03, 2012 01:25:20 am
      This is a forum,everyone is entitled to their opinions.As supposed Liverpool supporters,all views are valid.They may not be agreed with or respected,but no-one has the right to dismiss them because of predudice against "posting numbers".Our Daz has many thousand posts,but if he ever talked sh*te,I would post against him.Respect the member,or prove them wrong,before dismissing.We already have too many rightious "Mods",no need for un-official moderators.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Re: After that, (Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal) what's the worse case scenario this season?
      Reply #70: Sep 03, 2012 01:35:32 am
      You did watch the game today didn't you?

Plenty of those players looked as if they had given up from what I seen and it's a poor thing when the younger players are showing those who should know better, including our captain, how it should be done.

Actually didn't get to see much today srs....away from a computer, was it that bad?

Even still, I just think we all need to try and highlight the positives and get behind the manager and the team as its going to be a long season. Does us no good to moan and be negative about everything does it?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,241 posts | 2817 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #71: Sep 03, 2012 02:01:04 am
      Aside from Joe Allen no positives

We let Diaby boss the show. We should have had a peno or 2 but that woud only paper over the cracks

Going to be a tough few months but we need to support the boss and the lads
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #72: Sep 03, 2012 02:54:46 am
      It's hard not feeling dispondent even though it's only 3 games into the season.

If something happens to Suarez we are in royal sh*t. If he has a bad game like he did last night we are in royal sh*t. No Plan B, C or even D.

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #73: Sep 03, 2012 04:00:16 am
      It's not because we have only played three games , today's team were more or less the same team that played on Thursday and they looked knackered today they played badly against Hearts and today we looked worse than Thursday, Rogers then says Carroll should not have been let go, what is going on when last week he said we can't have a 35mill striker as third choice, if that's the case where is the second choice, I think Rogers is out of his depth and the people around him have no experience at this level, the Welsh No.2 he brought with him was coaching in league one not long back what experience does he have, I despair when I look at the start we made it could have been avoided so easily but we seem to be learning by mistakes  and that's no way to run a football club of this magnitude and if the owners are not careful we may take years to recover. We are supposedly one of the biggest club sides in Europe according to the people who bought us yet they run us like a corner shop while even Everton are getting players in we seem to let them go without replacements, what game are FSG playing .
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #74: Sep 03, 2012 09:32:41 am
      Im not panicking just yet ;D, Brendan couldnt have had worse luck really, we got a man sent off in the first game, should have beaten the champions in the second and just played badly in the third.

The transfer dealing in the transfer window is a big screw up, i dont care who is at fault...thats a mess.

But i have faith and always try and think that sterling, Allen ect will step up and it will start to go our way.

Im not sure on FSG but i think they are clearly stabilising the club financially, clearing out all excess players, lowering the wage structure, and then rebuilding from the ground up.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #75: Sep 03, 2012 09:39:59 am
       For me the worst case scenario is that we are in a relegation dogfight all season. The next month or so are vital in terms of avoiding that, and we need to pick up some solid results over our next half dozen matches. I think the likelyhood is that we will improve, particularly if we get a bit more pragmatic in our approach and "build from the back" in time honoured style. If we don't get credible reinforcements in though before January, my feeling is that a top half finish is the absolute pinnacle of our realistic ambition.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #76: Sep 03, 2012 10:12:57 am
      For me the worst case scenario is that we are in a relegation dogfight all season. The next month or so are vital in terms of avoiding that, and we need to pick up some solid results over our next half dozen matches. I think the likelyhood is that we will improve, particularly if we get a bit more pragmatic in our approach and "build from the back" in time honoured style. If we don't get credible reinforcements in though before January, my feeling is that a top half finish is the absolute pinnacle of our realistic ambition.

I defo dont think we will be in a relegation dogfight, but i will reserve full judgement until we have played 10+ games in the PL, playing two top four teams and a third game with a sending off is not good grounds for a prediction just yet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #77: Sep 03, 2012 10:20:55 am
      After 10 games if we are still in the bottom 3 will you join them if not at what point because after away to Sunderland and home to UTD I dont think we will be adding more than a point.
      Now the club is bathed in mediocrity and depression you can see the players needed a lift and all we can come up with is Michael Owen.
      Soon the well known phrase of "too big to go down" will start.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #78: Sep 03, 2012 10:32:33 am
      After 10 games if we are still in the bottom 3 will you join them if not at what point because after away to Sunderland and home to UTD I dont think we will be adding more than a point.
      Now the club is bathed in mediocrity and depression you can see the players needed a lift and all we can come up with is Michael Owen.
      Soon the well known phrase of "too big to go down" will start.

Jeez thats optimism for you :P

we dont know whats going to happen, i think this is all way too early to talk about relegation, lets review it after 10 games instead of being down all the time ey?
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #79: Sep 04, 2012 07:38:58 pm
      Damn there are some doom merchants one here :( A week ago we were world class almost beating the champs, then after the last game we are up for relegation? Please get a grip.... I knew that without a striker in the window, we would struggle up front, but dont think for one moment that this players will just roll over or hide in the next few games.

Funny enough, should we somehow be able to get 2 strikers (anybody proven), im certain this team would look like world-beaters again.
      Confidence is low and will remain low until somebody walks in the door who the players believe will score goals, but i think we as supporters can do alot better in actually being supportive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #80: Sep 04, 2012 08:28:03 pm
      Jeez thats optimism for you :P

we dont know whats going to happen, i think this is all way too early to talk about relegation, lets review it after 10 games instead of being down all the time ey?

You will find that some folks thrive on doom and gloom. Even when things are going well there will be a certain contingent of the forum that will find things to gripe about.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #81: Sep 04, 2012 11:37:06 pm
      Job to believe that the same team played against City and Arsenal. Gerrard seems to thrive on the moments of inspiration he is always capable of. He needs to raise his game when he is being challenged for superiority in midfield. If he is on anything but top form, he drifts in and out of games, his head goes down and the oposition take advantage. He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself when things aren't so good and get some fight in him which helps to lift players around him. He was bossed against the Arse and didn't have the fight in him to respond. Mabey that comes with age, or maybe he just picks his moments agains lesser oponents. who knows. We defo need our inspirational captain back, as at the moment he doesn't seem to want to be on the park.
      Obviously if things don't improve rapidly, we will be in a relegation fight, if we can perform more like we did against City we could survive until Jan. Then we have the problem of finding a decent striker who would leave his club, mid season and join us, and for what price. The longer the problem goes on, the less atractive we become, we have no other choice but to turn things around with what we've got. A big ask, but putting aside the W.B.A. Debacle, we have had one terrific performance against City, and a dour performance against Arsenal. Can we up the confidence and belief and raise our game again, only time will tell. We will now see what sort of man manager Brendan is, as well as a football manager. He has to lift his troops, and if he can and we can also avoid any more injuries, we could turn things around, if only to avoid the drop but as things are forget a top 4. We could make top 10 and rebuild for next season but we need NSV to get the cheque book out. Not for the crazy money spent on Carroll, Henderson and Downing, Aquilani,  but decent money for decent proven players. we've been playing on potential for far too long now, time we played with some real class in the squad.
      We can do it, the players need to sit and watch that City game over and over to remind them of how it's done.  Hard bloody graft, chasing every ball and closing down opponents when they have the ball. Keep pressing and forcing mistakes, bully, boss, and terrify teams. Attack with pace, more movement off the ball in last third, pull defenders around a bit. We don't vary our attacks enough and are becoming so predictable, we make it easy for teams.
       I know we can recover from this, although at the same time i'm worried shitless.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #82: Sep 05, 2012 09:34:51 am
      We cant score F***ing goals, thats our problem. I can see a bottom half finish coming our way. I was looking at the Everton team the other day and I would happily swap 5 of their players for any of our starting line up.

Howard for Reina
      Baines for Johnson
      Fellaini for Gerrard
      Piennar for Downing
      Jelavic for Borini
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,417 posts | 3413 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #83: Sep 05, 2012 10:35:20 am
      We cant score f**king goals, thats our problem. I can see a bottom half finish coming our way. I was looking at the Everton team the other day and I would happily swap 5 of their players for any of our starting line up.

Howard for Reina
      Baines for Johnson
      Fellaini for Gerrard
      Piennar for Downing
      Jelavic for Borini
      Fellaini for Gerrard !!!, even with a broken leg Gerrard would still be better than the most overrated player in the history of the premiership.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #84: Sep 05, 2012 01:20:44 pm
      We cant score f**king goals, thats our problem. I can see a bottom half finish coming our way. I was looking at the Everton team the other day and I would happily swap 5 of their players for any of our starting line up.

Howard for Reina
      Baines for Johnson
      Fellaini for Gerrard
      Piennar for Downing
      Jelavic for Borini

Strange that cause yesterday someone on my twitter feed re-tweeted some thing from an Everton fan club twitter an they said this was the best merseyside XI...

Howard, Johnson, Agger, Jagielka, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Gerrard, Pienaar, Suarez, Jelavic.

Obviously its gonna be bias towards Everton but I think swap Allen/Lucas for Osman then thats probably right. Maybe Skrtel instead of Jagielka but Skrtel has made a few howlers soo far.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #85: Sep 05, 2012 03:00:07 pm
      We cant score F***ing goals, thats our problem. I can see a bottom half finish coming our way. I was looking at the Everton team the other day and I would happily swap 5 of their players for any of our starting line up.

Howard for Reina
      Baines for Johnson
      Fellaini for Gerrard
      Piennar for Downing
      Jelavic for Borini

Nice. Go ahead swap away, and you may as well change allegiances.

You can keep all that rot. I'll keep supporting who we have, as we will improve.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #86: Sep 05, 2012 04:24:59 pm
      I wouldn't piss on an Everton player if he was on fire and I would never compare them to any of our players.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #87: Sep 05, 2012 04:41:50 pm
      I agree with everything apart from this bit. Those "sh*te players " got 4 more points against the same 3 teams in the same fixtures last season.

I have no argument with Brendan selling players that do not fit his style of play, just with people dismissing players as sh*te then drooling over tiki taki and our new signings..... when we are doing WORSE.

That's a bit of a ridiculous comparison, isn't it? "Same fixtures" mean nothing at all, and some of our new signings that people are supposedly "drooling over" have not even played a single game yet.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #88: Sep 05, 2012 04:48:18 pm
      I agree with everything apart from this bit. Those "sh*te players " got 4 more points against the same 3 teams in the same fixtures last season.

I have no argument with Brendan selling players that do not fit his style of play, just with people dismissing players as sh*te then drooling over tiki taki and our new signings..... when we are doing WORSE.

It will take time with Brendan..... a lot of time if FSG don't F***ing get their finger out. We were sold short last season when we had no quality replacement for Lucas and didn't get the striker we so badly needed, if we are unlucky with injuries I can see us struggling again this season as we are now two strikers short after the recent debacle with Carroll.

O.K............ I KNOW .........BACK IN THE BOX till we win.       

If we had invested in a proper replacement for Lucas and a striker last January we could have got 4th place.
      No doubt especially if you look at where we were in relation to Newcastle at the time.

We will need investment come January not hollow words.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #89: Sep 05, 2012 05:01:50 pm
      Heard some people say relegation is worst case which even with our lack of a striker is almost laughable. I think if like last season a lot does go wrong we'll end up just outside the Europa League spots.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #90: Sep 05, 2012 07:30:01 pm
      Worst case scenario is this: 

If Suarez gets injured and misses a large chunk of the season, we will struggle for creativity and goals and could finish as low as 10th.  As long as Luis stays healthy, we have enough depth in the other areas of the pitch to cope with injuries and still finish in the top 6. 

Best case scenario is if we can keep all of our best 16 players (Reina, Johno, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Sterling, Borini, Downing and Suarez) healthy for the entire season then we could possibly pip 4th place. 

Most likely scenario:  We have a few injury problems and suspensions, but we manage to finish 6th while bringing a few future stars such as Shelvey and Sterling into the 1st team on a regular basis. 

Could be better, but could also be worse.....  I'll hope for the best and go into every game believing that we will win!! 
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #91: Sep 06, 2012 09:57:43 am
      I dont this team has what it takes to make a top 4 place.

City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea all have better teams, deeper teams, Spurs are deeper too and Swansea have reloaded very well.
      Teams that are of comparable depth are Newcastle, Everton........and even then, you would have to consider that there is the little case of Europa League fixtures that are bound to give the team some type of fatigue going forward.

Best case scenario is that the team does not get injuries going forward, one will argue that there is depth, but quality is lacking in so many areas.

One only had to look at the benches at the weekend....all Liverpool had to look forward to was Lucas and Maybe Assaidi. Arsenal on the other hand could say they had Gervinho, Walcott, Sagna, Koscielny, Rosicky, Wilshere and several keepers who could have gotten into their team for that specific match.

Quick Reply