Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

John Henrys open letter to fans.

Read 36604 times
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Re: John Henrys open letter to fans.
      Reply #23: Sep 03, 2012 10:24:38 am
      What I expected was a full frank and honest assessment of who fu**ed our manager over during the last day of the transfer window, why it was done and how they are going to be held accountable.

That would have been a much better open letter than the one that's been served up.

We should wash our dirty clothes in-house, the Liverpool way and not out in the public domain. Sometimes it seems that the owners know more about the LFC way than some people on here polluting our club and turning it into a circus.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #24: Sep 03, 2012 10:27:14 am
      you might feel better lots of us are just shaking our heads in disbelief.

We will soon see if you dont manage to rock the boat again, who was right. Mark my word these owners are going to revolutionise LFC if given the chance. We need to look far and leave petty matters to petty clubs. We have signed enough talent to grow this season. One striker will not change a club as big as LFC. Let us give youngsters a chance and this lad Morgan will do the job. Pretty sure he can do at least as well as scoring 4 goals in a full season.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: Sep 03, 2012 10:28:20 am
      What I expected was a full frank and honest assessment of who fu**ed our manager over during the last day of the transfer window, why it was done and how they are going to be held accountable.

That would have been a much better open letter than the one that's been served up.

If that letter had said that Comolli & Dalglsh had partially fu**ed themselves and a litany of errors we know about, plus the positives of course, would that really have made a difference. 

Only if they'd included actual news would this open letter have meant a thing.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #26: Sep 03, 2012 10:31:22 am
      No one takes the blame in the letter ??So again more talk no action If he had a set of balls he would off came out and said Dempsey was not worth it,Fair enough 29 years of age last year of contract  dont think he is worth the money.

So invest a good few mill on a young proven goalscorer..The likes of Falcoa or Cavani.They are 23-24 they are huge money but would make a statement we mean bussiness,Clubs used to fear coming to Anfield.Next week if Micheal Owen signs ...who will fear us ??we will be a laughing stock.Makes me sick the lot of them.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Sep 03, 2012 10:35:04 am
      But a summer window which brought in three young, but significantly talented starters in Joe Allen, Nuri Sahin and Fabio Borini as well as two exciting young potential stars of the future - Samed Yesil and Oussama Assaidi - could hardly be deemed a failure as we build for the future.

Getting desperate when we are reduced to mentioning youth team signings in order to pad out the incomings.

Okay then John, since we're including youth in why not do a complete comparisons on the ins and outs this summer:

IN:

Fabio Borini            
      Joe Allen           
      Oussama Assaidi (Youth)       
      Samed Yesil (Youth)
      Yuri Sahin (Loan)

3 first team signings. 1 Being a loan signing.
      2 potential prospects

OUT:

Dirk Kuyt               
      Lewis Hatch (Youth)           
      David Amoo (Youth)       
      Joe Rafferty (Youth)   
      Stephen Darby   (Youth)               
      Fabio Aurelio            
      Maxi Rodríguez               
      Toni Brito Silva (Youth)           
      Alberto Aquilani               
      Craig Bellamy           
      Charlie Adam               
      Nathan Eccleston (Youth)
      Andy Carroll (Loan)
      Jay Spearing (Loan)

8 first team players. 2 Being loan signings.
      6 youth/reserve prospects.

Of all the areas we need strengthening the attacking side was the most vital this season.
      We have weakened it significantly. If we are to take Assaidi and Yesil to be signing for the future
      then the figures do become rather bleak.

IN:

Borini.

OUT:

Kuyt
      Maxi
      Bellamy
      Carroll

Next transfer window how about you save yourself the effort of a letter and instead do what
      needs to be done to get this great club back to where it belongs.
      You took great pleasure in telling the media the club was bought with "pounds".
      Now, rather than getting players off the wages in order to scrape a few signing for your manager
      how about you give him the backing he deserves and give him the "pounds" he needs to get in
      the players he wants. Rather than folding because Dalglish's signings didn't work out you should
      back the manager you brought in to replace him.

Manage to do that and then maybe you wont have to bother with any of the PR spin.
      The talking will then be done on the pitch and with Brendan Rodgers around I feel that'll be just fine.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #28: Sep 03, 2012 10:35:48 am
      As I said a few days ago, Ayre will be the scapegoat and FFP will be the excuse.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #29: Sep 03, 2012 10:39:08 am
      2 mins of my life I'm not getting back and I'm neither cleverer or more content at the end.

Talk is however very cheap....
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #30: Sep 03, 2012 10:44:44 am
      Getting desperate when we are reduced to mentioning youth team signings in order to pad out the incomings.

Okay then John, since we're including youth in why not do a complete comparisons on the ins and outs this summer:

IN:

Fabio Borini            
      Joe Allen           
      Oussama Assaidi (Youth)       
      Samed Yesil (Youth)
      Yuri Sahin (Loan)

2 potential prospects

OUT:

Dirk Kuyt               
      Lewis Hatch (Youth)           
      David Amoo (Youth)       
      Joe Rafferty (Youth)   
      Stephen Darby   (Youth)               
      Fabio Aurelio            
      Maxi Rodríguez               
      Toni Brito Silva (Youth)           
      Alberto Aquilani               
      Craig Bellamy           
      Charlie Adam               
      Nathan Eccleston (Youth)
      Andy Carroll (Loan)
      Jay Spearing (Loan)

Of all the areas we need strengthening the attacking side was the most vital this season.
      We have weakened it significantly. If we are to take Assaidi and Yesil to be signing for the future

IN:

Borini.

OUT:

Kuyt
      Maxi
      Bellamy
      Carroll

Next transfer window how about you save yourself the effort of a letter and instead do what
      Now, rather than getting players off the wages in order to scrape a few signing for your manager
      how about you give him the backing he deserves and give him the "pounds" he needs to get in
      the players he wants. Rather than folding because Dalglish's signings didn't work out you should

Manage to do that and then maybe you wont have to bother with any of the PR spin.
      The talking will then be done on the pitch and with Brendan Rodgers around I feel that'll be just fine.

Add to this last years list of players who left the club no wonder Brendan says our squad is small.Take your boots with you next home game you might just get on.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #31: Sep 03, 2012 10:46:29 am

IN:

Fabio Borini            
      Joe Allen           
      Oussama Assaidi (Youth)       
      Samed Yesil (Youth)
      Yuri Sahin (Loan)

2 potential prospects

OUT:

Dirk Kuyt               
      Lewis Hatch (Youth)           
      David Amoo (Youth)       
      Joe Rafferty (Youth)   
      Stephen Darby   (Youth)               
      Fabio Aurelio            
      Maxi Rodríguez               
      Toni Brito Silva (Youth)           
      Alberto Aquilani               
      Craig Bellamy           
      Charlie Adam               
      Nathan Eccleston (Youth)
      Andy Carroll (Loan)
      Jay Spearing (Loan)

IN:

Borini.

OUT:

Kuyt
      Maxi
      Bellamy
      Carroll

Assaidi is 24 years old FFS
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #32: Sep 03, 2012 10:47:58 am

Tell that to John.
      He's the one who put him in the "potential" bracket.
      Thus the breakdown.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #33: Sep 03, 2012 10:49:10 am
      Tell that to John.
      Thus the breakdown.

Have we also got to include players promoted to the ressies & recruited to the Academy?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34: Sep 03, 2012 10:49:40 am
      Tell that to John.
      Thus the breakdown.
      I wasn't having a go at you, it's just ridiculous to class a 24 year international witha fair bit of experience as a development player.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #35: Sep 03, 2012 10:53:42 am
      Have we also got to include players promoted to the ressies & recruited to the Academy?

Fire ahead if you want.
      John W decided to include Yesil.

We could, if you wanted include Sterling.
      That still leaves us with 8 first team players out and 4 in.

Morgan got 1 game, do we include him?
      Will that offset losing the likes of Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy and Carroll without adequate replacement?
      Not a hope in hell. Maybe it would pacify some pedantic notion with regards to ins and outs,
      but the real issue of a weakened squad remains.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #36: Sep 03, 2012 10:59:05 am
      Just sounds to me that he's realised they fu**ed up at the end of the transfer window so in an attempt to win some fans back he's stated the obvious and rehashed some words from old interviews.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #37: Sep 03, 2012 11:03:03 am
      Quote from arvindram
      We will soon see if you dont manage to rock the boat again, who was right. Mark my word these owners are going to revolutionise LFC if given the chance. We need to look far and leave petty matters to petty clubs. We have signed enough talent to grow this season.

They've had their chance, and the most they've done is fire everyone in authority. 2 years on, and we're back where they started, in 18th spot, going nowhere.

If you were being kind, you'd describe their reign as Inertia. Personally I put it down to Incompetence.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #38: Sep 03, 2012 11:04:34 am
      Opened a new thread on this topic in error. Apologies.

On the topic in as much as i dont agree with everything the man says, there is still some sense in it

Would we rather be a Portsmouth/ Leeds in a few years time or an Arsenal cos we are not a Citeh or Chelsea and we need to start realising that.

For me what we are is Liverpool Football Club and i know no matter how bad it was when they took over we can do better than we currently are right now in all departments.

The owners need to look inward and the clubs structure to see where that cracks are and fix them

The scouting department needs to be overalled for FSG to achieve their aspirations, and it needs to be mixed with a more diverst group. Cant remember us signing a lot of players at youth level from South America or other markets except the country where the manager comes from.

Like it or not Take a basic comparism of Man U, Arsenal & Chelsea transfers over a decade and check out the nationalities/ League where the players are coming from and compare them to ours u'll find out that we dont expand our horizon and this shows limitations in us getting bargain buys or value for money. We usually compete for predictable targets and never really have a plan B.

That for me is the concern and not the signing that got away on the last day, cos even if we had Clint yesterday, with the team playing the way they did we would still be in the same position though with 1 extra player.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Sep 03, 2012 11:06:04 am
      Wonder how much Henry paid a pr company to write that. Henry reminds me of a politician. The letter is ridiculous sh*te and is only written because of the anger directed at them.

Fsg not in it to make a profit never heard such sh*te in all my life. What Henry Werner and co like the game amazing considering they hadn't a clue aboutthe game till Broughton displayed to them the clubs marketing potential.

If hicks was partnered with Henry and there was no credit crunch he would still be here.

The letter worries me because it displays to me what we are dealing with snakes that are more media savy then the previous owners.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #40: Sep 03, 2012 11:08:31 am
      I'm sure there'll be some who'll buy into that corny, patronising, bull-sh*t without question... ass-licking, toadies, who'll continue defending and  try to make us "understand" what John Henry means 'cause we are all stupid, you know.  :-\

Anyhows...

"The transfer policy was not about cutting costs. It was - and will be in the future - about getting maximum value for what is spent."
      BUT...
      "We must comply with Financial Fair Play guidelines that ensure spending is tied to income."

So it actually is about cutting cost. Fair enough just don't take us for cu*ts John H.

"Value for money" (something that every working man looks at every day): You need food; you've got money; you want "value for money"; that "value" isn't to be had... do you and you're family 'starve' (or live on hand-outs) until "value" can be had or do you spend the money you have?

"No one should doubt our commitment to the club."
      - That's us told off... how dare we?  :angry-smiley-034:

"... but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over."
      - I married your daughter, I may be beating her but at least I'm better than Ted Bundy. Brilliant.

* Tugs forelock and backs out of room doing his best Uriah Heep impersonation.   :angel:

« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2012 11:19:22 am by bad boy bubby »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #41: Sep 03, 2012 11:08:54 am
      That 16 years bit sent shivers down my spine.

Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #42: Sep 03, 2012 11:11:52 am
      That 16 years bit sent shivers down my spine.

;D yeah imagine waiting another 16 years before we see the glory days
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #43: Sep 03, 2012 11:14:02 am
      buwahahaha! "The Liverpool way", "Long term project", "FFP", "Value for money" yakkity yakkity yak. My first 15 days of September is ruined and I don't know how many weekends, Mondays are going to be ruined. An attempt at winning back fans goes awry. Do better with your PR from the next time, JWH. As expected, the comments section in the offal is also blocked.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #44: Sep 03, 2012 11:16:49 am

"... but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over." - I married your daughter, I may be beating her but at least I'm better than Ted Bundy. Brilliant.

Ted Bundy was a damn sight more prolific than anything we got right now
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #45: Sep 03, 2012 11:19:02 am
      Most of that letter is general PR but I think FSG admitting mistakes is a step forward. They gladly accept that they know little about football and that it's a steep learning curve made much steeper by following the two cowboys.

A concern has to be on the management side above BR. I think Ian Arye did a pretty good job as commercial director however his football prowess is extremely suspect. A step too far in my opinion.

They say ignorance is bliss yet after our previous regime we look at every move with a level of suspicion that I don't think you would find at any other clubs. This must be difficult for the owners as having all of us scrutinising their every move must add pressure to what is already a difficult challenge.

I think when they took they said over it would take four years for us to be challenging. That now looks unlikely but with their setbacks I would say we are stronger financially than we were two years ago but have obviously taken a step back on the pitch. This can be attributed to the fact that KK didn't work out how they wanted and its took till this year for them to get a manager in they believe is the right man to take us forward.

Unfortunatly this means we are probably back to square one or worse. So on best estimates we are at least four years from being a contender.

The only thing for certain is these next few years are going to be crucial for us, we can't make any more mistakes.

Quick Reply