Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

John Henrys open letter to fans.

Read 36891 times
      RedSeven
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Re: John Henrys open letter to fans.
      Reply #46: Sep 03, 2012 11:20:39 am
      I'm sure there'll be some who'll buy into that corny, patronising, bull-sh*t without question... ass-licking, toadies, who'll continue defending and  try to make us "understand" what John Henry means 'cause we are all stupid, you know.  :-\

Anyhows...
       BUT...
      So it actually is about cutting cost. Fair enough just don't take us for cu*ts John H.

"Value for money" (something that every working man looks at every day): You need food; you've got money; you want "value for money"; that "value" isn't to be had... do you and you're family 'starve' (or live on hand-outs) until "value" can be had or do you spend the money you have?

"No one should doubt our commitment to the club." - That's us told off... how dare we?

"... but make no mistake, the club is healthier today than when we took over." - I married your daughter, I may be beating her but at least I'm better than Ted Bundy. Brilliant.

* Tugs forelock and backs out of room doing his best Uriah Heep impersonation.   :angel:

Is it not possible to buy a player for 20 million pound and for that to be considered value for money.We paid roughly that amount for Torres,he scored a sh*t load of goals and we sold him for 50 million pound.That to me is value for money.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #47: Sep 03, 2012 11:22:56 am
      "The ethos is to win"

"It's not about making money"

Okay...

Kenny would be sacked even had he won the FA cup as well as the league cup..

:confused-smiley-013:

But should he have finished top 4 but not won two trophys he probably not have done...

So their success is different to mine... And is their success a monitory one.. Not a trophy one.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #48: Sep 03, 2012 11:24:19 am
      It's just F**k up after F**k up from them. If they had a boss they would be sacked.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,062 posts | 547 
      Reply #49: Sep 03, 2012 11:26:41 am
      Starting to feel worryingly like Aston Villa!

New owner comes in, seems ambitious and competent.
      Throws around a fair bit of money in the first year or so, aiming particularly at  promising young British talent.
      But turns out he is gambling on getting a champions league spot quick. When he realises the squad still isn't quite good enough for the top four, promptly reverses strategy, goes on big cost cutting spree.

Henry is ticking all of those boxes so far.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #50: Sep 03, 2012 11:28:08 am
      It's just f**k up after f**k up from them. If they had a boss they would be sacked.

Good point - where is Christ in this thread, get him onto it.

Omnipresent my a#se
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #51: Sep 03, 2012 11:30:24 am
      What I expected was a full frank and honest assessment of who fu**ed our manager over during the last day of the transfer window, why it was done and how they are going to be held accountable.

That would have been a much better open letter than the one that's been served up.

This.

Plus he doesn't explain why the targets were not acquired on the transfer day.

Lot of PR bull from FSG. Sorry don't believe you Henry.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #52: Sep 03, 2012 11:32:14 am
      After all that has happened in the past week I imagine how different it might have been if Skrtel decided not to pass the ball back to Reina last sunday and we would have went on to win 2-1. Confidence would be sky high as we demolish Hearts 3-0 then go on to sign Clint Dempsey the following day and on sunday beat Arsenal 2-0. Oh, how I can wish..
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #53: Sep 03, 2012 11:32:26 am
      :lmao:

If you want to release a statement tell us what the F**k went wrong on Friday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #54: Sep 03, 2012 11:33:16 am

And probably the next statement to be released by Jen Chang!!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #55: Sep 03, 2012 11:36:44 am
      I see they have admitted making mistakes, and once again that this is a long term process. What do people not understand about "long term process" how many times do they have to say it. They have always said they will not put the club in financial trouble, not pay over the top wages and fees, and will invest in young players for the future. We are not in a position to challenge yet because of those reasons so get over it, accept it and get behind the club so we are all united. I believe we can only judge the position after 5-6 years, now that, I know, seems like an eternity but it's reality. I see posters twisting the statement regarding the "16 years" quote, read it again slowly this time. I am not happy where the club is or has been for the last 20 f*cking years but if there is a chance these guys can get us back to where we belong (and they are very determined) then I will kiss their f*cking arses one by one before kick off in front of a full house.
      So you didnt enjoy it when we won 5 trophies in one season or 2005 or 2006 or all those wonderful CL nights and last years two cup finals.
      To portray this club as anything other than successful over the last 20 years is nonsense its only the league were we have failed we have still amassed silverware at a decent rate.what we have lacked in those 20 years is strength in depth .Thats why Moores gave up he couldn't finance the extra spending we needed and look were we are now worse off than when David Moores stumped up £20 mil a season.
      redtwit
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #56: Sep 03, 2012 11:38:35 am
      The amount of delusion and lack of intelligence on this forum continues to astound me.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #57: Sep 03, 2012 11:39:00 am
      Have to admit this letter didnt get me to be understanding of the transfer policy but I still think after 2 years that I am on FSG's side, they picked us up when we were right down in the gutters, saved us infact. They may say theyre not in it for profit, but even if they were I couldnt give 2 sh*ts as long as we produce on the pitch an win trophies. They pumped a lot of money in last season which unfortunately went on the wrong sort of players but now theyre trying to rectify that by showing that it wont happen again. Still gutted they couldnt fork out another £2 million though...
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #58: Sep 03, 2012 11:39:11 am
      What I expected was a full frank and honest assessment of who fu**ed our manager over during the last day of the transfer window, why it was done and how they are going to be held accountable.

That would have been a much better open letter than the one that's been served up.

Agree with this.

Unfortunately, we won't get a letter like that.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Sep 03, 2012 11:39:23 am
      Good point - where is Christ in this thread, get him onto it.

Omnipresent my a#se

Nah that's Fowler. :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #60: Sep 03, 2012 11:43:08 am

See where you're going Racer - 2 birds, one stone...and we know he's got a new pair of boots... ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #61: Sep 03, 2012 11:44:00 am

And probably the next statement to be released by Jen Chang!!

Comical Ali - classic HR

:lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3894 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Sep 03, 2012 11:45:24 am
      See where you're going Racer - 2 birds, one stone...and we know he's got a new pair of boots... ;)

Striker, Free Agent, God.
      Mind you at 37...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #63: Sep 03, 2012 11:48:44 am
      Striker, Free Agent, God.
      Mind you at 37...

Tell you what, joking aside, we could do worse that get him in to coach what we have in the art of "sticking the leather thing in the pokey"
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #64: Sep 03, 2012 11:53:01 am
      Have to admit this letter didnt get me to be understanding of the transfer policy but I still think after 2 years that I am on FSG's side, they picked us up when we were right down in the gutters, saved us infact.
      As would anyone who could have bought us.  Do you really believe that being better than Hicks and Gillett is a great achievement?  Continually forgiving their failings because they aren't Hicks and Gillett is, quite frankly, absurd Paul.  :-\

They may say theyre not in it for profit, but even if they were I couldnt give 2 sh*ts as long as we produce on the pitch an win trophies.
      Just like last season you mean?  :-\

They pumped a lot of money in last season which unfortunately went on the wrong sort of players
      By "the wrong sort" you mean the "sort" who got to two finals and won one trophy... remembering, of course, that you "couldn't give 2 shits... as long as... we win trophies". Confused? Much.  :-\

but now theyre trying to rectify that by showing that it wont happen again...
      I've a feeling that they'll definitely succeed there.  :gt-happyup:
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #65: Sep 03, 2012 11:55:22 am

and with that opening statement your point is automatically invalid.....you are an unpleasant internet warrior hiding behind your keyboard...and you're still allowed to post abuse on here...aren't you the lucky one.

Back on topic...
      John Henry...talks and says nothing...nothing to see here, move along.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #66: Sep 03, 2012 12:04:55 pm

Yeah, baby yeah!! The biggest, nastiest cu*ts on the planet.

It's why this letter ain't impressing anyone

Very rarely do owners write a letter to fans to justify themselves. They want to do good. What was he supposed to write I want LFC to be great so that I can make money? Does that make sense?

They're not justifying anything, they're just protecting their investment with some brown-nosing PR. They think because we were genuinely impressed by Luis Garcia's letter when he left, that we'll swallow this sh*te, not a F***ing chance, at least Luis Garcia had given us a few things to smile about. Maybe if JWH had posted a few polaroid pics of a naked Linda, we might of taken his words a bit more seriously.

We needed £6 million for Dempsey, that's hardly risky spending, especially when the whole footballing world can see we are F***ing light in striking options, spending £6 million would not be risky. Rodgers even went as far as saying he had a squad of 19 players to choose from including youngsters, now seeing as the squad maximum is 25, any injuries and we'll be in sh*t, make no mistake.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #67: Sep 03, 2012 12:18:25 pm
      Avindram don't talk to me about the Liverpool way, I grew upo on it.

All the Liverpool way stands for today is an excuse for our owners to hide their short comings.

You talk about turning things into a circus, our owners/managing director done that when they gave our manager the confidence to allow to Carroll to leave on loan and then say openly in a press confrence that a couple more signings were coming in.

That's not the so called 'Liverpool way' you are talking about, so if you think our owners know more about the Liverpool way than my good self, I've only got one thing to say to you regardless of the consequences and that's 'go F**k your self, you stupid little c**t'
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #68: Sep 03, 2012 12:20:44 pm

'go f**k your self, you stupid little c**t'

Not sure about that Blood, how do you know he's little?

Quick Reply