Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

e-learning (Free Online Courses)

Read 19941 times
      Bier
      Re: e-learning (Free Online Courses)
      Reply #69: May 03, 2013 08:10:18 pm
      Great to hear Reprobate! I'd love to just study full time my whole life if that would've been possible. Beats work! 5k for 4 modules sounds really expensive though? But you don't have to pay back if you don't reach a certain level of earnings? How many modules are there in total? We have an open university too, and here it's like  € 238 per module, 42 in total to get a bachelor. Actually been considering really studying again for a while too, but my life is a bit too chaotic at the moment, I might start when it settles down a bit.

I'm taking that one too Diego. Also taking TechniCity that starts tomorrow and History of Rock that starts next week. Still really enjoying coursera, finished about 10 courses now, dropped some due to time restraints or pure boredom too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #70: May 03, 2013 08:35:23 pm
      Great to hear Reprobate! I'd love to just study full time my whole life if that would've been possible. Beats work!

I feel exactly the same. I wish I could do that.

Bier, have you ever head of Cruyff's Institute? They have a Sports Management course, with both in class or online options. I was wondering what's their reputation like over there.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #71: May 03, 2013 08:40:47 pm
      That might explain the price difference then, bier. Off the top of my head, I think it's 12 modules for the degree or 16 for a masters degree so nowhere near 42.
      Bier
      Reply #72: May 03, 2013 08:46:40 pm

Bier, have you ever head of Cruyff's Institute? They have a Sports Management course, with both in class or online options. I was wondering what's their reputation like over there.

Very good reputation, many Dutch athletes study there too. For instance, Van der Sar got his masters in Sport Management there last year, he's now marketing director at Ajax and is supposed to become their general director for them in a few years.

That might explain the price difference then, bier. Off the top of my head, I think it's 12 modules for the degree or 16 for a masters degree so nowhere near 42.

Yeah, makes sense!
      Bier
      Reply #73: May 03, 2013 08:51:41 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #74: May 03, 2013 09:36:32 pm
      Very good reputation, many Dutch athletes study there too. For instance, Van der Sar got his masters in Sport Management there last year, he's now marketing director at Ajax and is supposed to become their general director for them in a few years.

Sounds good. Thanks Bier!

I don't want to get ahead of myself here if anything goes wrong but there's a decent chance I'll be going to Europe next year to do a Masters or MBA course, probably in the Sports area. My favorite option is still the MBA Football Industries in Liverpool, but I'm keeping an open mind so far.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #75: May 06, 2013 01:18:14 pm
      One of them is Introduction to Finance, basically just out of curiosity to see how it's taught in the University of Michigan, but I'm already familiar with the subject since I'm graduated in Economics. It's good to remember some stuff too.
      I'm doing an economics degree at the moment. Struggling though...

Saw someone mention KhanAcademy as being for school kids. It's actually broadened now and could be used for uni students too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #76: May 08, 2013 06:05:19 pm
      I'm doing an economics degree at the moment. Struggling though...

Good luck with it! Economics are difficult and ever changing, but a beautiful subject nonetheless. I actually appreciate it more now, years after finishing my studies, than I did when I was still in uni.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #77: May 14, 2013 08:26:24 pm
      Has anyone ever head of the University of the People? http://www.uopeople.org/

"The world's first tuition-free online university"
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #78: Jun 11, 2013 11:27:35 pm
      Doing some courses on Signature Track: Sports and Society (Duke University), Latin American Culture (Tecnológico de Monterrey) and Model Thinking (University of Michigan). They're not too expensive and it forces me to stick to them while otherwise I might not have made the effort. They'll look good on my CV too ;D

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #79: Jun 11, 2013 11:48:04 pm
      I'm considering doing Biology A Level this summer, possibly followed by Environmental Studies.

Bier
      Reply #80: Aug 05, 2013 03:57:37 pm
      Diego, you doing the Global Business of Sports course on Coursera too? Seems right up your alley, and could be interesting. it's the first course I'm doing in a while, planning to pick up some more courses again soon. Almost a year now since I started doing these courses, and I have 10 certificates, pretty cool. Favourite course so far has been Astrobiology, very interesting.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #81: Aug 05, 2013 04:07:17 pm
      Diego, you doing the Global Business of Sports course on Coursera too? Seems right up your alley, and could be interesting. it's the first course I'm doing in a while, planning to pick up some more courses again soon. Almost a year now since I started doing these courses, and I have 10 certificates, pretty cool. Favourite course so far has been Astrobiology, very interesting.

Yeah, definitely doing this one! Wish it was on Signature Track as well, so I could have a proper certificate. Wouldn't hurt it trying to get a job in the sports market.

Last night I was watching a couple of lectures of "Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy" just out of curiosity and actually quite liked it. Not sure if I'll stick with the course but I'll try to give it a chance...

I also noticed that "The Modern and the Postmodern" has recently started a new session. I tried to do this one the last time, and thought it was very interesting and the professor was great, but the pace of the readings was too fast and I just didn't have the time, so I dropped it after a couple of weeks. Perhaps I'll try to give it another go, but I'm not sure... it really requires quite a lot of dedication this one.
      Bier
      Reply #82: Aug 05, 2013 04:40:59 pm
      I tried the Modern and Postmodern one last time too, indeed a pretty tough course. Was doing several courses at that time and I dropped that one early on, even if it was quite interesting. Such difference in difficulty between some of these courses.

I'm doing Social Psychology that starts next week, but in september there about 8 courses I want to do. It's just getting more and more. :D

Quick Reply