Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jerome Sinclair (Liverpool -> Watford)

Read 29572 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Jerome Sinclair Player Thread
      Reply #23: Sep 27, 2012 01:57:05 pm
      Thrilled for him to come on yesterday.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #24: Sep 27, 2012 02:00:53 pm
      More than what it means to him. It sends a massive message throughout the academy that literally anyone can get into this side now if you work hard enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: Sep 27, 2012 05:48:34 pm
      Even though he wasn't on for too long he should he is miles away from being physically ready, he got shoulder barged and went flying for an example.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #26: Sep 27, 2012 05:55:06 pm
      He has only just turned 16 !! It's not always about physical strength but he will grow stronger
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Sep 27, 2012 06:00:03 pm
      He has only just turned 16 !! It's not always about physical strength but he will grow stronger

Not always about physical strength? True but he even gets easily shoved out of it on more than 1 occasion with the U'18's! The lad isn't anywhere near ready, simple.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #28: Sep 27, 2012 06:02:47 pm
      Owen used to get pushed off the ball as well.

If BR thinks he is ready then he will play him more
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #29: Sep 27, 2012 06:14:25 pm
      Even though he wasn't on for too long he should he is miles away from being physically ready, he got shoulder barged and went flying for an example.

I remember that and thought it should have been a foul. Upon reflection it wasn't. It's just that he isn't physically strong yet.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #30: Sep 27, 2012 07:26:30 pm
      He actually looks quite a big lad for 16 years of age IMO.

Showed some decent movement as well in his short stint.

Still a couple of years before he can make an impact for me, definitely has talent though.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Jerome Sinclair Player thread
      Reply #31: Sep 06, 2013 10:31:11 am
      This lad is going to be something else, has pace, power and eye for goal he's a better version of Adam Morgan. Hopefully him and Morgan can form a great partniship and start to become a deadly duo at U21 level and maybe next season or in cups get a few games.

Reckon Sinclair could become a new Sturridge in about 4years time.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Jerome Sinclair Player thread
      Reply #32: Sep 06, 2013 11:04:01 am
      Better version of this, newer version of that. The lad is Jerome Sinclair. In 4 years time he will be and play like Jerome Sinclair.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33: Sep 06, 2013 11:13:17 am
      Better version of this, newer version of that. The lad is Jerome Sinclair. In 4 years time he will be and play like Jerome Sinclair.
      Ohh yes I understand that but we always compare players to other players that's  how you gage what sort of player they are or what level they are at. I still rate the players i've compared him to nothing wrong with having a bit of excitment towards a youth player mate.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Sep 06, 2013 11:16:57 am
      The way clubs go through shirt numbers of late might have to start using letters as well, Sinclair C5 has a ring about it. ;)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #35: Sep 06, 2013 11:19:59 am
      The way clubs go through shirt numbers of late might have to start using letters as well, Sinclair C5 has a ring about it. ;)
      HAHA I know have you seen how big our youth squad is think its 50 players strong!!!! surley that cant be a good thing Can it??

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #36: Sep 06, 2013 01:21:01 pm
      Ohh yes I understand that but we always compare players to other players that's  how you gage what sort of player they are or what level they are at. I still rate the players i've compared him to nothing wrong with having a bit of excitment towards a youth player mate.

I am excited about our youth players mate. I just don't see the comparisons to Sturridge and especially Adam Morgan.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #37: Dec 11, 2014 08:53:06 am
      I dont understand why this kid cant get a game, especially now we do not have options upfront.

definitely will give the current formless crop a run for their money in the first team.

Come on BR take some risks, we are getting to the all or nothin/ make or break moment now.

A few cameo sub appreance and the Europa Cup will be a good way to blood him into the first team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #38: Dec 11, 2014 09:01:47 am
      Sinclair is not at the level Sterling was when he was promoted. We need strikers at every level. Have done for awhile now.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39: Dec 11, 2014 11:38:33 pm
      Sinclair is not at the level Sterling was when he was promoted. We need strikers at every level. Have done for awhile now.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I don't think he's a natural #9? more of a wide forward?

Only reason why he's playing as a #9 is because we lack strikers in the club?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #40: Dec 11, 2014 11:52:28 pm
      Correct me If I'm wrong, but I don't think he's a natural #9? more of a wide forward?

He's a central striker mate, don't think he has some of the skills that the likes of Sterling and Origi have to play out wide.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #41: Dec 12, 2014 12:04:42 am

He's definitely a striker.
      Think we was tried wide sometimes to broaden his game,
      but he's a striker.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #42: Feb 24, 2015 10:35:03 am
      I mentioned in the youth thread about Jerome working with God but this is a great interview on the subject.

Jerome: I love working with Robbie
      24th Feb 2015 - Latest News

Jerome Sinclair has explained just how much he feels he has improved as a striker by working alongside club ambassador Robbie Fowler at the Academy.

The 18-year-old, who will spearhead the attack for Neil Critchley's U19s as they face Benfica in the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League in Portugal this afternoon, has already had an impressive campaign.

Liverpool's youngest ever player has fired 21 goals for the Reds' youth teams so far this season, including six in the European tournament, and he has enjoyed regular sessions in Kirkby under the guidance of Fowler and Academy director Alex Inglethorpe.

"Robbie is a legend at this club so to get a few helpful tips from him and some advice is brilliant for me," Sinclair told Liverpoolfc.com.

'It's great working with Robbie'

"This is a guy who has been there and done it and played at the pinnacle of the game. It's fantastic for me to get the chance to work with him and it can only improve my game.

"He has given me a few little tips on my first touch, and worked with me on different types of finishing. He is always there to help me in any way he can."

The young Reds have not played in Europe since December 9, when they reached the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League courtesy of a dramatic final group game with FC Basel.

Needing to win by two clear goals to qualify, Sinclair was among the scorers as Liverpool triumphed 3-0 and secured progress to the knockout stages by netting a pair of goals in stoppage time.

The next task facing Critchley's charges is a tough one as Benfica, runners-up in the competition last season, have home advantage in the 3pm GMT kick-off.

The tie has to be decided on the day in Portugal and if the scores are level after normal time, the encounter will go straight to penalties to find a winner with no extra-time.

Sinclair said: "It has been a really good experience for us to play in this competition, coming up against different opposition and different cultures.

"We've done well so far and we want to keep going and see how far we can go in it. We know it will be a really tough game against Benfica but we will go there with confidence and hopefully we can come through it."

The talented forward is the joint-second leading goalscorer in the UEFA Youth League with six strikes so far, just one behind Chelsea's Dominic Solanke and Real Madrid's Borja Mayoral.

While he has been happy to have racked up such a tally to date, Sinclair insists his main objective is helping the team rather than looking for personal glory.

"I want to score goals," he added. "I'm a striker and if I'm scoring goals I'm happy, but the team is the most important thing.

"We've had quite a bit of a wait since our win over Basel but everyone is really excited and we can't wait for this game. We know we can beat any opposition on our day. We have beaten Real Madrid this season so we know what we can do."
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #43: Feb 24, 2015 10:44:06 am
      I mentioned in the youth thread about Jerome working with God but this is a great interview on the subject.

Jerome: I love working with Robbie
      24th Feb 2015 - Latest News

Jerome Sinclair has explained just how much he feels he has improved as a striker by working alongside club ambassador Robbie Fowler at the Academy.

The 18-year-old, who will spearhead the attack for Neil Critchley's U19s as they face Benfica in the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League in Portugal this afternoon, has already had an impressive campaign.

Liverpool's youngest ever player has fired 21 goals for the Reds' youth teams so far this season, including six in the European tournament, and he has enjoyed regular sessions in Kirkby under the guidance of Fowler and Academy director Alex Inglethorpe.

"Robbie is a legend at this club so to get a few helpful tips from him and some advice is brilliant for me," Sinclair told Liverpoolfc.com.

'It's great working with Robbie'

"This is a guy who has been there and done it and played at the pinnacle of the game. It's fantastic for me to get the chance to work with him and it can only improve my game.

"He has given me a few little tips on my first touch, and worked with me on different types of finishing. He is always there to help me in any way he can."

The young Reds have not played in Europe since December 9, when they reached the last 16 of the UEFA Youth League courtesy of a dramatic final group game with FC Basel.

Needing to win by two clear goals to qualify, Sinclair was among the scorers as Liverpool triumphed 3-0 and secured progress to the knockout stages by netting a pair of goals in stoppage time.

The next task facing Critchley's charges is a tough one as Benfica, runners-up in the competition last season, have home advantage in the 3pm GMT kick-off.

The tie has to be decided on the day in Portugal and if the scores are level after normal time, the encounter will go straight to penalties to find a winner with no extra-time.

Sinclair said: "It has been a really good experience for us to play in this competition, coming up against different opposition and different cultures.

"We've done well so far and we want to keep going and see how far we can go in it. We know it will be a really tough game against Benfica but we will go there with confidence and hopefully we can come through it."

The talented forward is the joint-second leading goalscorer in the UEFA Youth League with six strikes so far, just one behind Chelsea's Dominic Solanke and Real Madrid's Borja Mayoral.

While he has been happy to have racked up such a tally to date, Sinclair insists his main objective is helping the team rather than looking for personal glory.

"I want to score goals," he added. "I'm a striker and if I'm scoring goals I'm happy, but the team is the most important thing.

"We've had quite a bit of a wait since our win over Basel but everyone is really excited and we can't wait for this game. We know we can beat any opposition on our day. We have beaten Real Madrid this season so we know what we can do."

Do you know if the MiniReds match is being shown tonight, debs.
      Massive chance with both Real and Barcelona being knocked out.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Feb 24, 2015 10:53:02 am
      Do you know if the MiniReds match is being shown tonight, debs.
      Massive chance with both Real and Barcelona being knocked out.

It's not on lfc.tv mate but I'm sure there'll be streams.  It's a 3pm ko though mate so a lot will miss it due to work etc.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #45: Mar 06, 2015 11:32:10 am
      Been talking to Malky Mackay this morning and he's hoping to take Jerome on loan till the end of the season.  He's meeting with Brendan this weekend to get it sorted.

Quick Reply