Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jerome Sinclair (Liverpool -> Watford)

Read 29581 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Jerome Sinclair Player Thread
      Reply #69: Jul 10, 2015 07:13:29 pm
      So what is this ? He has been released ? I was really holding big hopes that he will be our next number 9.

Loan I expect because hadn't he been offered a new contract?
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #70: Jul 11, 2015 12:22:41 pm
      Perhaps its because he wasnt included for the tour?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #71: Jul 13, 2015 11:17:25 am
      http://www.espnfc.com/story/2521067/jerome-sinclair-rejects-new-liverpool-deal-sources

Looks like we are losing Sinclair too.

Very disappointing to hear. What happened there?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #72: Jul 13, 2015 11:37:54 am
      Considering some of the tragic performances from our strikers last season it wouldn't have hurt to play him in a few more games. Perhaps he wants to do a Tom Ince and go to a lower level team and play most weeks? He's making a big mistake IMO.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #73: Jul 13, 2015 11:43:47 am

Liverpool youngster Jerome Sinclair rejects new Anfield contract - sources

Jerome Sinclair is seen as one of Liverpool's brightest prospects.

Liverpool youngster Jerome Sinclair has turned down the offer of a new deal and asked to leave the club, sources have told ESPN FC.

Sinclair, 18, is highly regarded at Anfield and was handed his Premier League debut as a substitute in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge towards the end of last season.

The striker became the youngest player ever to play for the club when he made his debut in a League Cup win at West Brom in September 2012 at the age of 16 years and six days.

Sinclair, who has been tipped as one of the best prospects to emerge from Liverpool in recent years, had a spell on loan at Wigan Athletic last season but made just one appearance.

He was not included in Liverpool's squad for the preseason trip to Asia and Australia amid uncertainty over his future.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #74: Jul 13, 2015 12:43:48 pm
      Shame if we lose him, but he probably wants a 1st team game now, maybe does not see himself getting a game for a while, maybe he is better going away and seeing if he can make it at championship level, then maybe step up to premiership, If we sell him, they will probably have a buy-back option if we rate him at all.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #75: Jul 13, 2015 12:54:32 pm
      Wonder if we can drum enough up interest from City to part with another £49m :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #76: Jul 13, 2015 02:06:00 pm
      To be fair in his brief cameo last season he looked a mile away from being currently ready in my view. Shame we're losing him as a loan might have been better for all, but my guess is a few of the Sterling contempories will be having their heads turned now. Best we cut out the cancer in one go and move on, perhaps his agent is Aidy Ward.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #77: Jul 13, 2015 02:48:58 pm
      This is a weird one, isn't it? Not sure what bug crawled up Sinclair's ass and died, but it's not too often we see a kid with his limited experience turn down a new contract.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #78: Jul 13, 2015 03:00:31 pm
      Jerome realises that he's not going to get many chances to break into our first team for the foreseeable future with 2 players arriving not much older than him.  He is good enough to play every week in a lower league but rather do it on loan he wants to do it as a permanent regular.

We will lose a fair few of our better prospects over the next few seasons, it happens when we have so many quality players at the Academy.  We can't keep them all to fester in the youth leagues and I'm pleased for him that he's backed himself to succeed without us, it shows self belief and determination.

Good luck Jerome wherever you end up.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,004 posts | 3351 
      Reply #79: Jul 13, 2015 03:07:08 pm
      Maybe he's just fed up.

Last season our forwards were F***ing useless and we still didn't turn to Sinclair and say "well you can't do any worse than them" and give him a run in the team. At eighteen, Michael Owen was lighting up the World Cup. At eighteen, Jerome Sinclair is behind Lambert, Balotelli and Borini. And with the signings of Ings and probably Benteke, as well as Origi returning and Sturridge back from injury (at some point) maybe Sinclair just said "F**k it, I'm not gonna get a chance here, might as well just F**k off somewhere else."

If he has, fair play to him. Doesn't wanna see his own development stifled by not getting game time at this crucial stage of his career. If you don't play enough as a kid, you don't become the player your youth potential said you ought to.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #80: Jul 13, 2015 04:08:06 pm
      Maybe he's just fed up.

Last season our forwards were F***ing useless and we still didn't turn to Sinclair and say "well you can't do any worse than them" and give him a run in the team. At eighteen, Michael Owen was lighting up the World Cup. At eighteen, Jerome Sinclair is behind Lambert, Balotelli and Borini. And with the signings of Ings and probably Benteke, as well as Origi returning and Sturridge back from injury (at some point) maybe Sinclair just said "F**k it, I'm not gonna get a chance here, might as well just F**k off somewhere else."

If he has, fair play to him. Doesn't wanna see his own development stifled by not getting game time at this crucial stage of his career. If you don't play enough as a kid, you don't become the player your youth potential said you ought to.

Agree with much of what you have stated.

Make me wonder though if the Sterling situation has influenced his decision at all.
      As Debs posted, most academy players will move on because they either aren't good enough or want to get their careers up and running sooner but given Raheem's departure, it makes for interesting timing for him to refuse a contract.

We do though, as dedicated followers of our club, have a tendency to make players out to be better than they potentially could be if they decide to leave or not join us at all.
      We do love to discredit our own far too much.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #81: Jul 13, 2015 04:13:43 pm
      Maybe he's just fed up.

Last season our forwards were f**king useless and we still didn't turn to Sinclair and say "well you can't do any worse than them" and give him a run in the team. At eighteen, Michael Owen was lighting up the World Cup. At eighteen, Jerome Sinclair is behind Lambert, Balotelli and Borini. And with the signings of Ings and probably Benteke, as well as Origi returning and Sturridge back from injury (at some point) maybe Sinclair just said "f**k it, I'm not gonna get a chance here, might as well just f**k off somewhere else."

Agree with this completely, he should have been given a chance last season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #82: Jul 13, 2015 04:21:42 pm
      Sterling hangover.

We are going to see lot's of these youngsters that think they are going to be the next Sterling....get some game time, impress and make a lot of money quickly.

Just glad Ibe is apparently smart enough to keep his head down and work as opposed to expecting everything to come easy to him.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #83: Jul 13, 2015 04:25:00 pm
      Just glad Ibe is apparently smart enough to keep his head down and work as opposed to expecting everything to come easy to him.

Thats what happens when your parent represent you.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #84: Jul 13, 2015 04:41:48 pm

Well unfortunately I think Sterling's parent (mum) represented him as well a bit. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #85: Jul 13, 2015 04:47:03 pm

Well unfortunately I think Sterling's parent (mum) represented him as well a bit. 

Parents don't always have their kids best interests at heart though, some see a huge meal ticket for all the "pain and suffering" they've endured getting their offspring into the limelight.  They want payback and they want it now, just like the kids they've raised.
      Bier
      Reply #86: Jul 13, 2015 04:56:23 pm
      Parents don't always have their kids best interests at heart though, some see a huge meal ticket for all the "pain and suffering" they've endured getting their offspring into the limelight.  They want payback and they want it now, just like the kids they've raised.

Yep, parents are as likely to go for money as anyone else is. It's why some big clubs offer nice jobs and pay checks to parents, to lure young talents. I know quite a few Dutch talents who made the wrong move just to secure their parents financial future.

Don't think money is the motivation for Jerome though to leave us though.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #87: Jul 13, 2015 04:56:57 pm

e.g., Messi's father and their tax problems!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #88: Jul 13, 2015 05:10:14 pm
      Had a mini cameo towards the end of the season and didn't really show much, I know it's too short to judge but maybe he is not at the required level. Shame but it's a cut throat business.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #89: Jul 13, 2015 05:21:02 pm
      Had a mini cameo towards the end of the season and didn't really show much, I know it's too short to judge but maybe he is not at the required level. Shame but it's a cut throat business.

Kind of how I see it.

Wasn't impressed by his short time on the field.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #90: Jul 13, 2015 05:35:42 pm
      Don't think money is the motivation for Jerome though to leave us though.

Neither do I mate.  I mentioned in another thread a couple of weeks ago that he's a way off our 1st team but needs to be playing at a higher level than youth footy, so a loan would be a good move but I can understand why he's chosen not to do that.  He had a taste at Wigan last season but as soon as they desperately needed wins he got dropped for the older players even though they'd let the team down all season.

A signed player will always take priority over a loanee, especially a young one so he's best off taking his chances away from Liverpool.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #91: Jul 13, 2015 07:23:07 pm
      To be fair in his brief cameo last season he looked a mile away from being currently ready in my view. Shame we're losing him as a loan might have been better for all, but my guess is a few of the Sterling contempories will be having their heads turned now. Best we cut out the cancer in one go and move on, perhaps his agent is Aidy Ward.

That was his first game for the first team in a couple of years and it was away at Chelsea, not going to play in many harder games than that.

Quick Reply