Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

12th September 2012 - Independent Panel report published

Read 101439 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: 12th September 2012 - Independent Panel report published
      Reply #828: Apr 25, 2013 02:15:31 pm
      It's my understanding the debate is to have the inquest in London or the NW?

Presumably the families have the whip hand and their feelings and convenience will take priority.
      Cannot envisage Landan being an ideal location, would have thought somewhere nearer home a better choice.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #829: Apr 25, 2013 02:36:41 pm
      Presumably the families have the whip hand and their feelings and convenience will take priority.
      Cannot envisage Landan being an ideal location, would have thought somewhere nearer home a better choice.

I agree totally, but I suppose they could be afraid of their appearing to be bias/favoritism if the hearings are held close to Liverpool. But my opinion, there are 96 families affected. Don't make them travel halfway down the country for government mistakes and manslaughter.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #830: Apr 25, 2013 03:21:40 pm
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #831: Apr 25, 2013 03:38:40 pm
      I agree totally, but I suppose they could be afraid of their appearing to be bias/favoritism if the hearings are held close to Liverpool. But my opinion, there are 96 families affected. Don't make them travel halfway down the country for government mistakes and manslaughter.

Oops. Meant "there"  :f_whistle:
      Nene
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #832: Apr 26, 2013 03:53:17 pm
      It's my understanding the debate is to have the inquest in London or the NW?
      I hope they make the right decision. London is too far from home. There shouldn't even be a debate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #833: Apr 26, 2013 08:00:35 pm
      Also reported is the fact that some of the cu*ts in charge that day, and perhaps some rank and file cops are preparing to invoke their right to remain silent in case criminal charges follow.

Those people just keep sinking to new depths.
      I don't even know why I'm surprised at this.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #834: Apr 26, 2013 08:18:54 pm
      Also reported is the fact that some of the cu*ts in charge that day, and perhaps some rank and file cops are preparing to invoke their right to remain silent in case criminal charges follow.

Those people just keep sinking to new depths.
      I don't even know why I'm surprised at this.

Totally expected and to their detriment.
      Given the conspiracy and lies spanning 24 years by the same culprits any refusal to participate in a judicial procedure to invoke a direction of perjury would be actively avoided.
      A new inquest by it's very nature would strive to suss the lying cu*ts out.   
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #835: May 06, 2013 09:43:37 am
      New inquests for the 96 victims of the Hillsborough disaster will be held in the north west, the Liverpool Echo reports.
      The decision was announced last Thursday by Lord Justice Goldring, who will chair the process.
      In his ruling Lord Justice Goldring said ''London is not the only place where a large inquest hearing can be accomodated''. He added that he does not believe a north west location would be likely to cause greater actual or perceived prejudice than one in the capital.
      The new hearings are due to begin early next year. In a separate ruling he said he may be in a position to set a definite start date at the preliminary hearing in London on June 5.

The wheels of justice grind inexorably onward with Father Time at the controls, however progress once more for the families it has to be said.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #836: May 16, 2013 05:54:37 pm
      There is to be a Panorama prog about Hillsborough at 9 on Monday investigating the process of corruption by the establishment over the years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #837: May 17, 2013 05:31:17 pm
      There is to be a Panorama prog about Hillsborough at 9 on Monday investigating the process of corruption by the establishment over the years.

Hillsborough: How They Buried The Truth will be shown on Monday at 9pm.

Programme makers say fresh evidence was uncovered  during the production of the hour long Panorama documentary which uses material recorded by the BBC alongside CCTV from the stadium.
      It will show how lives could have been saved had the emergency response been better organised and includes interviews with former Home Secretary Jack Straw and chief constables from the forces implicated in concealing the truth.
      Panorama reporter Peter Marshall who attended the game and was caught up in the pre-match crush outside the Leppings Lane end of the ground said the new footage was ''revelatory'' and went on to say ''the key thing is we have had access to footage from the BBC who had seven cameras there, after the disaster the tapes were sent to the authorities and the families lawyers but since then they have been locked away''.
      Mr Marshall went on to say ''by combining the CCTV and TV recordings the documentary is able to show several key incidents from different angles, to anyone who was in the Leppings Lane end it was clear from the outset, we knew what had happened and yet the official line was that the rescue had been first-class''.

By piecing together the recording evidence the programme also questions timings in a two hour police video produced for the original inquest process.
      The programme also includes one of the last interviews with Anne Williams

Mr Marshall said ''we are not showing things which would be distasteful but it is very much something that takes you back into what happened''.
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2013 05:45:16 pm by stuey »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #838: May 18, 2013 06:48:02 pm
      Sounds good Stuey, I'll be watching.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #839: May 20, 2013 06:23:26 am
      bbc news

Film Shows Hillsborough PC Was Right

Crucial evidence from the Hillsborough disaster, which was undermined at the original inquest , was true the BBC Panorama programme has found.
      An off duty police officer has always maintained he tried to treat a dying boy after the time which the coroner said no-one could have survived beyond 15:15 on that day.
      Panorama's analysis of unbroadcast TV footage shows his account was true.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22566230

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,162 posts | 4903 
      Reply #840: May 20, 2013 08:21:12 am
      I've set it to record as I wont be home from work for the start.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #841: May 20, 2013 08:06:47 pm
      Shocking, and I suspect the guilty will not be brought to Justice.

I guess this is why we have the 30 year rule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_year_rule
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #842: May 20, 2013 10:01:13 pm
      Phew, that was hard going watching that.  It's the first time I've been able to watch any footage since seeing it unfold on the day.

Good programme.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #843: May 20, 2013 10:22:54 pm
      It still chills me after all this time. When you see what the families had to fight against they deserve our love and respect so much. #JFT96
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #844: May 20, 2013 10:31:58 pm
      Heartbreaking
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #845: May 20, 2013 10:32:00 pm
      Shocking footage shown. Still draws  tear's same as the day it happened. ''JUSTICE''.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #846: May 20, 2013 10:50:27 pm
      Just finished watching it,still angers me what the establishment got away with & the bas**rds who can conveniently just refuse to be interviewed or retire on full police pensions.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,149 posts | 8540 
      Reply #847: May 21, 2013 01:32:28 am
      Some of the footage was hard to watch tonight, even worse was listening to the usual shitehawks from South Yorkshire police, the tw*t from the police federation and don't get me started on Jack F***ing Strawless, who in my opinion is one of the biggest shitbags going after listening to him tonight. And some of that hatred we have for South Yorkshire police should also include West Midlands police force who were definitely involved in the cover up.

the bas**rds who can conveniently just refuse to be interviewed

Three that spring to mind straight away are Duckinfield, Bettison and Popper.

Lord Justice Taylor doesn't come out squeaky clean either, the decision to allow SYP to investigate themselves was a massive F**k up.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #848: May 21, 2013 09:38:10 am
      Just finished watching it,still angers me what the establishment got away with & the bas**rds who can conveniently just refuse to be interviewed or retire on full police pensions.

Haven't seen it yet gonna watch it tonight - undisturbed.
      Those fuckers who refuse to be interviewed defeat the supposed object of that decision.
      There are cases of such conduct when an individual is entirely innocent and disputed evidence could be prejudicial to an eventual judicial ruling, proceedings have been abandoned in such circumstances.
      The other side of the coin is if they are guilty as hell and cannot dispute the evidence.

Make no mistake the corruption exposed at the very highest level is a world away from the innocent protecting their good name, these evil bas**rds, these puppets of the establishment are delaying the inevitable as they have done for 23 years.
      Their time has come and they know it.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2013 09:58:35 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #849: May 21, 2013 11:46:31 am
      My lad who was in the Leppings Lane end that day watched last nights programme on Panorama, to my knowledge it is the first time he has sat through a full recounting of the horror, he helped carry some casualties out, he was only 16 at the time and I know it scarred him deeply.
      He tells me while watching the newsreel he saw himself quite clearly on the pitch. Cannot imagine the feeling that invoked.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,601 posts | 3840 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #850: May 21, 2013 11:51:10 am
      My lad who was in the Leppings Lane end that day watched last nights programme on Panorama, to my knowledge it is the first time he has sat through a full recounting of the horror, he helped carry some casualties out, he was only 16 at the time and I know it scarred him deeply.
      He tells me while watching the newsreel he saw himself quite clearly on the pitch. Cannot imagine the feeling that invoked.

The fans were the heroes that day.
      The establishment turned the country against them.

Quick Reply