Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

A Talent For The Future

Read 7731 times
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      A Talent For The Future
      Sep 06, 2012 04:50:43 pm
      Guys! I finally found the solution to our goalscoring problems!

No, not really (or did i?); but i have a good friend of mine who's a natural goal poacher. You know, the type this club is very known for producing (Fowler, Rush & Owen before he turned into a c**t). The type that you just cannot create. This guy's got flair, pace, a winning mentality; and just that edge that our forwards have rather been lacking recently. Brilliant movement in the box and clinical finishing with both feet.

His name is Shadi Ahdy Iskander, and he's Egyptian (as am i). (googling won't help much..yet :( )

I've had a long talk with him and convinced him that he should aim for Liverpool, and only Liverpool. He's always been curious why i've been so passionate about the club over such a long period and finally himself understood the greatness of the club and what it represents.

He's currently playing for Lierse S.K. in the Belgian First Division. He just moved there this season after scoring 3 goals in 3 pre-season matches for Egyptian First Division side "Wadi Degla", and just had his first game for the Belgian team's reserves vs Zulte Waregem where he netted once. He's training with the first team, and i'm pretty sure he'll be playing week in week out in the Jupiler League very soon.

He's just turned 19, so i realize he's a bit 'old', but he's been playing professional football since a very young age.  He was in Arsenal's soccer school in Egypt, and attended an Arsenal international competition in London in July 2005 where he scored 13 goals in 5 games, thus becoming the tournament's top scorer. After that, he joined an Egyptian side and played in the youth 1st division, being his team's top scorer consecutively for every year between 2007-2011 while moving up from U14 all the way to the first team.

He banged in a total of 60 league goals in 70 matches, and it needs to be noted that his team wasn't even dominant in the league.

In April last year, he had a trial for Bayern Munich, where they accepted him for their U19 side, but unfortunately he hadn't turned 18 at that point so he couldn't get a work permit.

Now he wants to have a trial at LFC, and i was wondering how to get that arranged for him. Additionally, i was hoping some people would be interested in this specific case and check the youtube compilation i'm posting below and also keep track of him; so that maybe he would be having some fan support for the trial; it would mean a lot.

(Camera quality isn't exactly great, and a lot of goals and dribbles etc are missing, but it still gives an insight on what type of player he is. Note: It also contains some compilations from when he was much younger.)

Shadi Ahdy

Special mention to the 2 freekicks starting at 8:55.
      « Last Edit: Sep 06, 2012 05:12:25 pm by Alicus »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: A Talent For The Future
      Reply #1: Sep 06, 2012 09:12:15 pm
      I really thought I'd seen it all.

Deary, deary me.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Sep 06, 2012 09:16:55 pm
      I thought I'd seen it all until seen that lady firing ping pong balls and smoking from her vagina. :D
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #3: Sep 06, 2012 09:21:56 pm

Deary, deary me.

Oh, come on. Put a smile on that face.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #4: Sep 06, 2012 09:24:44 pm

Deary, deary me.

I hope he makes it just do I can have

Andi Shandi on the back of my shirt...
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #5: Sep 06, 2012 09:25:35 pm
      I hope he makes it just do I can have

Andi Shandi on the back of my shirt...

I wouldn't rule it out.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #6: Sep 06, 2012 09:47:41 pm
      Doesn't hit the post enough for my taste.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7: Sep 06, 2012 09:57:03 pm

Send a letter to Jimmy Saville on Jim'll fix it.

Oh wait......

Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #8: Sep 06, 2012 09:59:00 pm

Send a letter to Jimmy Saville on Jim'll fix it.

Oh wait......

Can't you try be a little supportive? Jeez.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #9: Sep 06, 2012 10:16:05 pm
      Of a half baked idea ?

Errrr no.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #10: Sep 06, 2012 10:20:58 pm

I like some of your posts, but you have a tendency to be a stuck-up jerk. Firstly, it's not a half baked idea; it's an enquiry and a call for support at the same time. You failed to provide either, so i don't quite know what you're doing here.  Whatever happened to "You'll Never Walk Alone"? Yeah, thought so.

Why don't you go collect more ping-pong balls from that vagina you talked about? At least you won't be wasting someone's time.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #11: Sep 06, 2012 10:30:54 pm
      Can't you try be a little supportive? Jeez.

What do you expect? However talented your friend might be the fact is you've told us he plays for Lierse S.K. reserves, and has proved nothing in the game. You've then asked on Liverpool fan forum how to go about getting him a trial when pretty much everyone knows such things are decided by the club's scouting and management team, none of whom probably ever come on this board and if they did they would hardly go, 'well his mate says he's amazing, we must get him in'. This idea is ridiculous and you shouldn't be shocked it's getting mocked. To be honest I initially thought you were being sarcastic and this was a good joke.

If you're friend really is that talented then if he works hard and shows enough promise, he might impress scouts at some top clubs, that's how he'll make it in the game. Good luck to your friend and in a dream scenario I hope he makes it, but easy shortcuts like this don't exist (unless your Ali Dia!)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #12: Sep 06, 2012 10:34:43 pm
      Let's be honest here, Liverpool employ scouts to find young players, if you're friend was of the required level then surely he'd have already been spotted by a club like Liverpool or a club of our stature.

You mention being supportive and helping you achieve this feat, but the best help and support I can give you is to the drop the idea and don't build your friends hopes up.

Other than that send a letter to Melwood to Rodolfo Borrell telling him as much as you possibly can about you're friend and include a dvd of him showing his best attributes etc, but I'd have my doubts as to whether he'd even get to read it as he must get thousands of letters like this per season.

Which maybe shows my skepticism.

Doesn't help that it reminds me of something my 11 year old son would say.

If that makes me a jerk, ill gladly accept that title ;)
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: Sep 06, 2012 10:35:08 pm
      What do you expect? However talented your friend might be the fact is you've told us he plays for Lierse S.K. reserves, and has proved nothing in the game. You've then asked on Liverpool fan forum how to go about getting him a trial when pretty much everyone knows such things are decided by the club's scouting and management team, none of whom probably ever come on this board and if they did they would hardly go, 'well his mate says he's amazing, we must get him in'. This idea is ridiculous and you shouldn't be shocked it's getting mocked. To be honest I initially thought you were being sarcastic and this was a good joke.

If you're friend really is that talented then if he works hard and shows enough promise, he might impress scouts at some top clubs, that's how he'll make it in the game. Good luck to your friend and in a dream scenario I hope he makes it, but easy shortcuts like this don't exist (unless your Ali Dia!)

He doesn't play for the reserves, it's just currently International Break so the reserves are resuming and he's gaining match fitness that way. He trains with the first team and there is no doubt he'll play in the Belgian First Division more often than not.

Yes, we all do know such things are decided by the scouting and management team, that is why i asked in the first place. Maybe someone would be able to help, besides you never know who's reading this stuff these days. I could get an inbox. The thing is, it was, and still is, worth a try. You can't win if you don't try.

It's not like it's generally about making it in the game since there's little doubt about that. It's just the fact that we're really keen on finding a way for it to be Liverpool-related.

Let's be honest here, Liverpool employ scouts to find young players, if you're friend was of the required level then surely he'd have already been spotted by a club like Liverpool or a club of our stature.

He was spotted by Bayern Munich, succeeded at the trial and was assigned to the U19 team while he was 17. They were going to get his dad to sign an agreement (since he wasn't of the required age for a work permit) but then dropped it when they realized he wasn't holding a EU passport.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Sep 06, 2012 10:39:04 pm
      Wish I would of seen this before; last month we Lierse and were f**king twatted.

Would of had a chat about the lad.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #15: Sep 06, 2012 10:39:32 pm
      He doesn't play for the reserves, it's just currently International Break so the reserves are resuming and he's gaining match fitness that way. He trains with the first team and there is no doubt he'll play in the Belgian First Division more often than not.

Yes, we all do know such things are decided by the scouting and management team, that is why i asked in the first place. Maybe someone would be able to help, besides you never know who's reading this stuff these days. I could get an inbox. The thing is, it was, and still is, worth a try. You can't win if you don't try.

It's not like it's generally about making it in the game since there's little doubt about that. It's just the fact that we're really keen on finding a way for it to be Liverpool-related.

Fair enough, I guess you're right. As long as you know this method is a hell of a long shot. Though I'm sure you can see why some people are mocking the idea.

If he's that good, he's still young and might just have to be patient and keep working hard, good luck again and as the saying goes: Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #16: Sep 06, 2012 10:45:41 pm

You mention being supportive and helping you achieve this feat, but the best help and support I can give you is to the drop the idea and don't build your friends hopes up.

Other than that send a letter to Melwood to Rodolfo Borrell telling him as much as you possibly can about you're friend and include a dvd of him showing his best attributes etc, but I'd have my doubts as to whether he'd even get to read it as he must get thousands of letters like this per season.

Which maybe shows my skepticism.

Doesn't help that it reminds me of something my 11 year old son would say.

If that makes me a jerk, ill gladly accept that title ;)

To be fair sometimes players from less-fashionable countries take a while to get found, we only just signed Assaidi who is 24, took him a while to get to a big club. 5 years ago he was playing for a team I've never heard of (not that I am an authority on such things). It's a pretty far-out there idea but what the hell! Stranger things have happened!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Sep 06, 2012 10:46:12 pm
      Why wouldn't Munich sign him at 17 year old without an EU pass port as within 4 years from 17 - 21 he'd count as home grown.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: Sep 06, 2012 10:47:22 pm
      Why wouldn't Munich sign him at 17 year old without an EU pass port as within 4 years from 17 - 21 he'd count as home grown.

No visa. They couldn't get him a work permit because he wasn't 18. It all fell apart.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 981 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: Sep 07, 2012 12:18:44 am
      Just to get some perspective, when Assaidi was his age, he was playing for a team called FC Omniworld. When Suarez was his age, he had just joined Groningen. When Dzeko was his age, he was playing for Sarajevo, then switched to FK Teplice. When Higuain was his age, he was playing for River Plate. When Inzaghi was his age, he was playing for Piacenza. When Van Nistelrooy was his age, he was playing for Den Bosch. And those examples are all just off the tip of my head, pretty sure there's loads more.

When you consider that, Belgian First Division isn't all too bad. Shadi got an assist vs Club Brugge. He also gets to play other rather decent sides like Anderlecht, Standard Liege and Genk.

If you know someone, and wish to assist, you're welcome. If you're willing to, in any way, shape, or form, help support & keep track of this young player who's dreaming of putting on the glorious Anfield red and banging goals, you're welcome. If you're willing to add constructive criticism, or comment on his footballing ability, again, you're welcome. But don't be a c*nt. We're all a family here.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #20: Sep 07, 2012 01:04:32 am
      Oh, come on. Put a smile on that face.

One things for sure mate it did put a smile on my face, in fact I laughed me bollocks off.

Good luck all the same yeah?
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #21: Sep 07, 2012 04:07:59 am
      Just buy him.
      Bier
      Reply #22: Sep 07, 2012 02:42:54 pm
      He's not even close to elligible for a work permit right now is he? So a trial isn't going to happen. He'll have to get into his national team first, and play there for at least 2 years.

Anyway, you wondered how a trial is arranged for him. Not by you, or us. I assume he has an agent.

Considering we just signed 18 year old Samed Yesil however, I don't think we'd be interested either way. He shouldn't even try. Far too many young players end up nowhere because they move to a big club at a young age. Belgian first division is a good place to be and develop.
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2012 03:15:36 pm by Bier »

Quick Reply