Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Brendan Rodgers Fans Interview

Read 5597 times
      thedeftone
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 50 posts |
      Brendan Rodgers Fans Interview
      Sep 07, 2012 04:25:06 am
      That was brilliant, the more I hear from Brendan the more I believe he really is the man to bring this club forward. Here is the video of that press conference....

Brendan Rodgers Interview PART 1 (Redmen TV Exclusive)

Brendan Rodgers Interview PART 2 (Redmen TV Exclusive)
      « Last Edit: Sep 07, 2012 11:05:10 am by JD »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Fans Interview
      Reply #1: Sep 07, 2012 07:43:28 am
      I honestly feel if we can just get this season out the way without any damage done, then we will start to see the rewards in the coming seasons ahead.

Once Bren has the players in that he wants rather than ones he has inherited, then I'm positive we will start to dominate and win more matches.

The problem for me is that I'm not sure where our first win is coming from at the moment. The sooner we get to 40 points the happier I will be!
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 07, 2012 07:59:03 am
      TAW is always very good. Anyone else listen to their podcasts, asides me?
      Yeah, every week. Really good stuff - apart from some of the music.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Sep 07, 2012 10:17:21 am
      Just came here to post those interviews.

I've said it before, i'll say it again - I love Brendan Rodgers.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #4: Sep 07, 2012 10:25:52 am
      Just came here to post those interviews.

I've said it before, i'll say it again - I love Brendan Rodgers.

Unbelievable isn't he. Before that interview, I'm wondering whether we'll make top 4 or not, after watching it, I'm thinking "F**k that we're gona win the league this year" !! :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5: Sep 07, 2012 10:42:56 am
      If you can't play football and you're at Liverpool
      You shouldn't be here!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #6: Sep 07, 2012 10:45:04 am
      If you can't play football and you're at Liverpool
      You shouldn't be here!

Djimi Traore's hopes of a return shattered.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #7: Sep 07, 2012 10:53:17 am
      No disrespect to the Boss but all the great talking is fine but results on the pitch matter and as soon as we start putting teams to the sword,find the onion bag & climb the league table then all is good.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Sep 07, 2012 10:56:04 am
      Hes so good at talking, and so open! Starting to build his quotes up for what I hope to be a future legendary status that can stand up against bills!

He aint shy to discuss exact INDEPTH tactics he likes.... strange from a manager!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #9: Sep 07, 2012 10:57:46 am
      No disrespect to the Boss but all the great talking is fine but results on the pitch matter and as soon as we start putting teams to the sword,find the onion bag & climb the league table then all is good.

Get what you mean Shabs..

I like the man, fully behind him..

But talk is cheap.. Let's get things moving forward..  I'll read about all the successes in your book after you retire boss.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10: Sep 07, 2012 10:58:41 am

Will take a bit of time to get everyone on the same page is all Shabs.
      Well, hopefully he can, but some players are just not cut out for his style of play.
      Still, rome wasn't built in a day and all that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #11: Sep 07, 2012 10:59:04 am
      Some transcripts of what he had to say

Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
      I've had long conversations with the owners.  There was a real sense of instability around the club over the last few years.

I always understood there needed to be some sort surgery with the squad. Some of the wages here were absolutely astronomical - in terms of value and worth - and that needed to be looked at.

But it will give me the chance to look at some young players, but they can now come in to the fore.

When I think of Liverpool - it's one of those clubs that love their young players.  Over the next few months we will see if we have enough good young players.  And then we will see at January.

I came here first and foremost because of the history of the club.  I could have stayed in my comfortable chair in South Wales. 

I wanted to join a world class club.  I had some choices this summer - I could have gone elsewhere.

I genuinely came here first and foremost because of the owners - because I felt a real genuine honesty in their approach to, and how they want to go forward with the football club.

We're in a position where we have 25 minimum games between now and January - so we're going to be stretched to the limit.  But that's the idea that why they're here.  If the players have niggles or injuries - they will have to 'man up'.

January is always a difficult month. This month our scouting team comes together - so some great work will go one between now and then (January).  No point spending millions on footballers if they can't play football.  Important that the profile fits in to how we intend to play.  Until then we will have to be creative because we are limited with players up front.

(On Raheem) He is a kid now who is getting responsible and is a threat on the pitch.  I'm trying to look after him and make sure he stays focussed and composed. 

I don't enjoy the percentage of (keepers) kicking long.  I've always worked on the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball then you have a 79% chance of winning the game.

Some interesting stuff - this and the John Henry letter shows how much the PR side of the club are upping the game.

The only sad thing is that words don't earn us points.  Letting 4 goalscorers go this summer and bringing in one potential player - Borini - was a mistake - be it Rodgers, the owners or Ian Ayre's decisions.

I can understand BR needing to keep some fans groups on side, and can understand why he might think he needs to buy himself time, but ultimately he will only buy himself time by picking up points.  Good luck BR.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Sep 07, 2012 10:59:35 am

Fair enough Shabs, but his intelligence and ambition shine through in the interviews.
      Over forty minutes of time from him and he was articulate, polite and compelling.

I'd love to have an opportunity to meet him and talk all things Liverpool.
      More importantly I trust him to do his best to implement the right football at this club.

Nobody can provide us other answers now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Sep 07, 2012 11:20:32 am
      Some transcripts of what he had to say

Some interesting stuff - this and the John Henry letter shows how much the PR side of the club are upping the game.

The only sad thing is that words don't earn us points.  Letting 4 goalscorers go this summer and bringing in one potential player - Borini - was a mistake - be it Rodgers, the owners or Ian Ayre's decisions.

I can understand BR needing to keep some fans groups on side, and can understand why he might think he needs to buy himself time, but ultimately he will only buy himself time by picking up points.  Good luck BR.

No doubt about it.
      Letting Kuyt, Maxi, Bellamy and Carroll go absolutely stinks.

I don't believe for a minute that Brendan would have let them all
      go if he wasn't convinced we would have got players in to replace them.

Not forgivable that we heavily weakened the one area we so desperately needed
      to strengthen. I'd place the blame more on the owners for that though. It's clear
      they've used Brendan's appointment to clear out senior players on high wages.

That's a discussion for another thread though. I have more faith in Brendan than
      I do in FSG. His biggest challenge will be getting the results we will all demand with
      the thinnest squad I can remember us having.

He has talked up the younger players in that interview and it's pretty clear that this
      season we are going to see us blood a lot of them. Maybe, more so than his football
      philosophy, the reason FSG appointed Brendan is his ability to work with young players.

He's mentioned Shelvey, Suso, Sterling, Morgan and we've seen Yesil do well yesterday
      in the U19s. We've yet to see Assaidi and we all know Coates. What is abundantly clear
      is that we will rely on these players for squad depth.

That is where our uncertainty lies. I've a lot of faith in Brendan. My concern is that he has
      been given a large task to perform and no fall back. It's not like he has experienced players
      to call upon if the youngsters don't work. Keeping Carroll or Kuyt would have given us options.
      Getting Dempsey would have given us an option. As it is we are looking to Sterling, Morgan, Assaidi
      and Yesil and saying "Go ahead lads fill a void for us".
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #15: Sep 07, 2012 12:30:28 pm
      I think we need a few more points on the board before Brendan dole's out more of his philosophy.
      It would be nice for a change if for a while we could talk about some football and some great wins and performances.Sick of all the media bollocks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #16: Sep 07, 2012 12:54:09 pm
      The moment he found out Ian Ayre was involved in bringing in a striker.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #17: Sep 07, 2012 12:55:31 pm
      You could probably ammend that to finding out Ian Ayre is involved.......
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #18: Sep 07, 2012 12:55:56 pm
      I think we need a few more points on the board before Brendan dole's out more of his philosophy.
      It would be nice for a change if for a while we could talk about some football and some great wins and performances.Sick of all the media bollocks.

Yeah i feel the same Walton - i wanna see points on the board and then we can discuss how much better our football is.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #19: Sep 07, 2012 02:18:29 pm

Agree Shabs - the man speaks well and he speaks my language! But if we were judging on engaging speaking Peter Ustinov would have been the greatest manager who ever lived.

I know he has to get round fans groups etc and I like the fact that he seems open and honest but as of right now we need to get motoring. BR can only work with what he has at his disposal till January and despite the disappointments we just need to get down and get on.
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #20: Sep 07, 2012 03:19:26 pm
      "Death by football" ...classic.
      waz112003
      • Banned

• 70 posts |
      Reply #21: Sep 07, 2012 03:39:08 pm
      I think Brendan Rodgers should be given time & chance just like Gérard Houllier & Rafael Benitez was given. This season was rebuilding season so work in progress cos i knew this season we will not finish in top four but must challenge for it. Brendan Rodgers inherited the squad just like Gérard Houllier & Rafael Benitez did in their first season. Both of them didn't finish in the top four in their first season but Rafa Benitez won the UEFA Champions League to get back in the Europe. I can see similar this season to Rafa Benitez when he first came to the club... It's going to take time for Brendan Rodgers to implement his philosophy so we must be patient with him & the team so lets support him just like he supports us...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22: Sep 07, 2012 04:43:09 pm
      Fantastic stuff. I lvoe hearing Brendan talk about football. So much knowledge and appreciation of the game in his words.

Quick Reply