Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Football Manager 2013

Read 42935 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Football Manager 2013
      Reply #207: Mar 18, 2013 09:44:22 pm
      No, Mancini has the same problem  :f_tongueincheek:

:lmao:
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #208: Mar 22, 2013 02:12:03 pm
      Moving Bale on after 6 truly appalling months of him averaging around a 6.0 rating. The £60m flop. Arsenal are buying him for £45m, and I'm getting Muller to replace him for £33m.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #209: Mar 22, 2013 02:34:17 pm
      I am scoring 3 or 4 goals every game with maximum 6 shots on target and less than 50 % ball. ;D
      Have a beast upfront, Just like a Messi with 190cm height ;D. He already scored 27 goals from 18 games this season. At 19 he is keeping Falcao on the bench.I got him for just 10m and now his value is around 35m
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #210: Mar 22, 2013 04:20:49 pm
      I'm yet again finding it too easy to spend a hell lot more money than would be feasible in reality. I mean, in my only season at Newcastle, I've spent £17.5M on Wellington Nem during the summer, plus around £15M on Benteke, £17M on Mkhitaryan and £18M on Sturridge in January, not to mention all the other smaller transfers in both windows.

I always offer just a little amount upfront and all the rest in 48 installments. I know it's not a very good idea for the finances of the club in the long term but these deals give me assurance that I'll compensate the investment with European qualification.

Right now, I'm around March in my 1st season, challenging for the league title - yeah, my 1st season with Newcastle (!!!).

I've got a great starting XI and I'm building some nice depth as well.

Lately I've been playing that way:

Krul
      Debuchy - Yanga-Mbiwa - Coloccini - Santon
                   Mkhitaryan - Sissoko - Cabaye
             W. Nem                                  Ben Arfa
                                         Cissé

Actually, Nem is on a bit of poor form right now so I'm using Sturridge on the right, and on the easier games, I'm experimenting with a 4-4-2 formation. Also, Cissé was injured for 2 months, so Benteke got a lot of playing time as well.

That means if I play the formation above - which is a great team, capable of beating anyone in the league -, I've still got people like Astori (a CB I signed in the summer), S. Taylor, Tioté, Anita (who's been even better than Tioté as my DM), Sturridge and Benteke on the bench. Pretty amazing.

To get enough funds for all this, I had to get rid of players like D. Simpson, Y. Gouffran, J. Perch, J. Gutierrez, S. Marveaux, S. Ameobi and G. Obertan. None of them are really missed at all, though Gouffran was useful.

By the way, Yanga-Mbiwa and Coloccini are the best CB partnership in the league. They're both leading the league in average rating despite playing on a very attacking side with a high defensive line and operating as ball playing defenders. Only Kompany has a comparable average rating.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #211: Mar 22, 2013 04:35:31 pm
      Anyone else have serious issues with injuries, particularly with wingers? At least one of my wingers will pick up at least 'a knock' in every single game.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #212: Mar 22, 2013 05:18:44 pm
      Anyone else have serious issues with injuries, particularly with wingers? At least one of my wingers will pick up at least 'a knock' in every single game.
      Coutinho and Kelly are always injured in my save. Whenever i play Cou in the AM slot he picks up a knock. IF through right is ok for him. May be the DM's of PL clubs are talkling hard on the AM. Rotate the squad a lot, otherwise you will get a lot of injuries in the december -january period(my experience)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #213: Mar 22, 2013 06:48:14 pm
      I don't have too many problems with injuries, to be honest. I have one once in a while but nothing unusual, considering I tell my teams to be "hard" on the tackle (I use it as part of my pressing strategy, to recover the ball higher up the pitch)
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #214: Mar 22, 2013 09:24:24 pm
      I don't know how the game is still fun with the 48 month transfer thing. Not realistic and if you play the save long term it will cripple the club
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #215: Mar 23, 2013 04:27:47 pm
      It never crippled my clubs to be fair, but that's because I backed up spending with glories ;D In Newcastle's case, it will be worth it cause I'm nearly guaranteed UCL qualification.

Lost to Arsenal on the FA CUP quarter finals, really pissed off about that game. It was my best shot at a trophy as the other teams still in the competition are only EPL smaller sides or Championship sides.

Just beat Atletico Madrid by 4-0 in the UEFA Europa League... it was the 1st leg of the QF... not bad ;D

I usually don't pay attention to opponent's scout reports but this time I decided to take a look at it, and noticed Atletico tended to fare a lot worse against teams that used a 4-4-2 formation, so that's how I set up my team against them and it worked to great effect. Benteke and Cissé were brilliant upfront (Sturridge is cup tied).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #216: Mar 23, 2013 07:36:17 pm
      Just beat Atletico Madrid by 4-0 in the UEFA Europa League... it was the 1st leg of the QF... not bad

Then lost the 2nd leg by 3-0... but that was enough!

Got Juventus in the semifinals, won at home by 1-0 in the first leg then trashed them by 5-2 in Italy. Benteke is absolutely brilliant.

Newcastle vs Man City in the UEL final.

I'm 2 points behind EPL leaders Chelsea with only 2 or 3 games to go.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #217: Mar 24, 2013 06:17:07 am
      Lost the UEL final to Man City :( 3-2 after extra time, very disappointing considering how many goalscoring opportunities my team created.

However, I won the EPL in the final game of the season ;D I went to the last fixture 2 points behind Chelsea, but I played Southampton at home (won 2-1) while they played vs Liverpool at Anfield (which they lost, 3-0). Funnily, the goal that sealed my win against the Saints was a Jack Cork own goal. I was actually losing the game until the 82th min, when Benteke equalized, and then Cork gave me the title.

Disappointed not to have won the UEL but feels great to win the EPL in my first season ;D
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #218: Mar 24, 2013 10:16:59 am
      Lost the UEL final to Man City :( 3-2 after extra time, very disappointing considering how many goalscoring opportunities my team created.

However, I won the EPL in the final game of the season ;D I went to the last fixture 2 points behind Chelsea, but I played Southampton at home (won 2-1) while they played vs Liverpool at Anfield (which they lost, 3-0). Funnily, the goal that sealed my win against the Saints was a Jack Cork own goal. I was actually losing the game until the 82th min, when Benteke equalized, and then Cork gave me the title.

Disappointed not to have won the UEL but feels great to win the EPL in my first season ;D

Isn't it boring if u didn't had any challenges and had an easy path to success?. I really struggled to get the players motivated because they think that i am not up to this task ;D.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #219: Mar 24, 2013 01:53:58 pm
      Slightly embarrassingly went out of the UCL in the first knockout round to Galatasaray. Drew at home 1-1 (I had 22 shots to their 3) and then lost 3-1 in Turkey AET. Still leading in the title race and in the FA Cup QF at home to Millwall.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #220: Mar 24, 2013 05:41:16 pm
      Isn't it boring if u didn't had any challenges and had an easy path to success?. I really struggled to get the players motivated because they think that i am not up to this task ;D.

I know what you mean but I wouldn't say I didn't have any challenges, even with all my signings I never expected to win the league so fast. It was actually very pleasing to see my team developing the style I wanted so fast. I played a very high defensive line, short passing, high pressing and an attacking mentality, and surprisingly it gave me the best defensive record in the whole league.

Now I'm seeing where I can improve my team, it's difficult because despite being English champions, a lot of players still prefer bigger clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool, even though they're not in the UCL and I am.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #221: Mar 24, 2013 08:02:42 pm
      Newcastle, Atletico Madrid, Roma from the big leagues.

Anzhi, Shakhtar, Dnipro, or other clubs from the Ukrainian or Russian leagues who are loaded.

Would I get the money to compete with Anzhi going forward?

Presumably because of their owner I'll be in a position where I can genuinely compete if/when I consistently make the Champions League?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #222: Mar 25, 2013 03:11:34 pm
      Went into the final two fixtures 2 points ahead of United, and they had superior goal difference. I had West Ham away, which I absolutely had to win. Distaster, 1-0 down at half time and struggling to create anything. Second half begins and they score again, handing the title to United. 10 minutes later I was 3-2 up. Castaignos scored in stoppage time to secure an amazing 4-2 win. Now, exactly like last season, I just have to beat Norwich at Anfield to secure the title on the final day.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #223: Mar 26, 2013 08:38:26 am
      Would I get the money to compete with Anzhi going forward?

Presumably because of their owner I'll be in a position where I can genuinely compete if/when I consistently make the Champions League?

Yeah mate they are like City except the Russian version. Bags of money to spend.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #224: Mar 26, 2013 06:26:16 pm
      Took on the Italy job after they won Euro 2016. Felt I was ready for it.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #225: Mar 26, 2013 06:40:40 pm
      Was Liverpool manager and finished 5th in the BPL whilst also winning the UEL and was runners-up in the FA Cup. Got sacked following season after an atrocius six months but then got the Wolfsburg job in the summer. After spending much time on revamping the whole setup, FC Bayern job becomes available and I applied for the laugh.

They approached me and now I'm FCB manager, should be fun when I meet Wolfsburg though :P
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #226: Mar 26, 2013 06:47:23 pm
      Unrelated but found an old hard drive to hooked it up and there's just an amazing nostalgic feeling when playing a save from a FM you loved and you went 20+ seasons in with great success. My team is boss.

Still not got into the new one, though :(
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #227: Mar 29, 2013 02:08:24 am
      Just had 67% possession and 22 shots to 5 against Legia Warsaw in the UCL. They won 2-1. The game really falls down on the ability to convert chances of pretty much everyone.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #228: Mar 29, 2013 02:43:37 am
      Yeah i won 1-0 vs Shakhtar with 63% possession and 27 shots.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #229: Mar 29, 2013 03:21:21 am
      It's a real issue. In some games, it becomes glaringly obvious within the first 20 minutes or so that it's going to be near impossible for your team to score. Never seems to happen the other way around though (ie. Against you) although that could just be me being biased.

Quick Reply