Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Football Manager 2013

Read 42835 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Football Manager 2013
      Reply #23: Oct 22, 2012 07:43:26 pm
      Same story as the real life LFC managers it seems!! How is the new version? Better?

Some details are better, yes, but overall I don't think it changed much. Maybe it's because the things that changed were never the kind of stuff I really cared much about, such as training (I do change settings of trainings but never go into detail there, only change some basic stuff to maximize the quality of my training schedule).

There are some new options such as Classic Mode that will be good for those who don't want to spend too much time with the game, but I'm not interested on it, I want every thing the game can offer.

I'm now in January with Liverpool, I'm 2nd place behind Man City, my team is playing well - it's been ages since I did not score in a league game -, but I'm having trouble with my defense. I'm not scoring tons of goals either, just scoring consistently... but to try and solve that problem, I signed Papis Cissé in January... he was unhappy at Newcastle and requested a transfer. To do so, I had to change my season expectations to "challenge for the title" so I got a bit more of money, and also loaned Henderson out to QPR. He's yet to play for me though as he away playing for his country in the African Cup.

Defensively it's been difficult though, I started the season with super offensive tactics but had to change it as I was conceding way too many goals. I still go to every game in fear for the worst, no matter how weak the opposition might seem to be, for I had some of my worst defeats against the likes of Fulham and Swansea, at the same time I beat Arsenal and Man City quite comfortably.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #24: Oct 22, 2012 09:00:29 pm
      Some details are better, yes, but overall I don't think it changed much. Maybe it's because the things that changed were never the kind of stuff I really cared much about, such as training (I do change settings of trainings but never go into detail there, only change some basic stuff to maximize the quality of my training schedule).

There are some new options such as Classic Mode that will be good for those who don't want to spend too much time with the game, but I'm not interested on it, I want every thing the game can offer.

I'm now in January with Liverpool, I'm 2nd place behind Man City, my team is playing well - it's been ages since I did not score in a league game -, but I'm having trouble with my defense. I'm not scoring tons of goals either, just scoring consistently... but to try and solve that problem, I signed Papis Cissé in January... he was unhappy at Newcastle and requested a transfer. To do so, I had to change my season expectations to "challenge for the title" so I got a bit more of money, and also loaned Henderson out to QPR. He's yet to play for me though as he away playing for his country in the African Cup.

Defensively it's been difficult though, I started the season with super offensive tactics but had to change it as I was conceding way too many goals. I still go to every game in fear for the worst, no matter how weak the opposition might seem to be, for I had some of my worst defeats against the likes of Fulham and Swansea, at the same time I beat Arsenal and Man City quite comfortably.

Losing to the sh*t teams, but beating the top teams. Its more like real life than i first thought. Thanks for the giving me an update. Havent got the demo as i have not pre ordered the game, but rest assured i will be buying it, much to the wife's annoyance. I too will only play the full version, and like you, i dont pay too much attention to the training. I only pay attention to that when it comes to young players who can improve on their attributes. Im looking forward to it coming out, im wondering if my successful system that i use now will continue to work well on the new version.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #25: Oct 26, 2012 01:37:01 pm
      Won my first trophy on FM13 last night! Beat Arsenal by 4-3 to win the Carling Cup. At one point during the game I was winning by 4-1 and I almost let it slip from me. The trophy is ours though!

My team is currently looking like this, when everyone is fit (with some variations):

Reina
      Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
                      Lucas - Gerrard
           D. Costa - Suarez - Stoch
                            Cissé

My January signings Cissé and Stoch have made the whole difference so far. I would strongly recommend Stoch to everyone playing in England, as he is considered homegrown (Chelsea youth product). Cissé scores for fun, too.

Assaidi is great in the game but he lost his regular starting place on the left when he got a lengthy injury and I brought Stoch to the squad.

Douglas Costa is amazing too. He's scored more than Suarez so far.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2012 03:36:48 pm
      Won the FA Cup as well but lost the EPL to Man City. With 2 games to go I was 4 points behind them and went on to play against Wigan, 19th place in the table. Lost by 3-1 and City were the champions without even playing that day.

City then went on to lose their last 2 games and I won my last one against West Ham, just to make me angrier to know that, had I beat Wigan, I would have won the league.

A 2nd place finish was very good though, my only disappointment came in the Europa League, where I was knocked out in group stage.

Starting my 2nd season now, tough UCL group I got - Bayern Munchen, Ajax, Dinamo Kiev.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2012 03:54:15 pm
      Just bought this on Steam, I have played the other last few, but no matter what I do, about three games in, I cant win anything.. I'll play a line up that will win the first 3 games 5-0 etc... then suddenly teams I have never heard of will start beating me 8-0 with my same line up.

Any tips? I will be Liverpool.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 02, 2012 06:09:26 pm
      Going to buy mine tonight after work
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #29: Nov 02, 2012 06:14:04 pm
      Waiting for mine to be delivered! Wish I got on and pre-ordered it sooner!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Nov 03, 2012 10:17:42 am
      Just started it, managed to get rid of Cole for £700,000 plus Louis Saha from Sunderland xD

Not got anyone in yet... Ive had a bid accepted to loan a player, but thats all it said, do I wait longer till I can sort the wage out etc..?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #31: Nov 03, 2012 06:15:44 pm
      Trying to find a crack for the game for my little brother, if any of you get one, PM me please.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #32: Nov 04, 2012 12:41:28 am
      Got this yesterday and have to say I'm loving it so far! New interface is really good amongst other things.

A lot more difficult compared to last year's one which I found out after going out to AGF in qualifying round of Europa League :(

Sitting in 13th with 12 points from 11 games so if I post of a sacking in the next few days.....don't be surprised :D
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #33: Nov 04, 2012 09:39:18 am
      Is the winger bug fixed?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #34: Nov 07, 2012 09:36:10 am
      Downing just scored a hattrick for me. Should I take it back?
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #35: Nov 07, 2012 11:40:08 am

;D
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #36: Nov 07, 2012 12:18:22 pm

;D
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #37: Nov 08, 2012 01:35:16 am
      Started a new game. Set my goals to CL qualification. Appointed Cruyff my assistant and signed Isco for 15.5m over 48 months and Ba for 7m as it met his release clause. Knocked out of the first round of the Europa league on pens... Again.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Nov 16, 2012 12:07:17 am
      Is it addictive this year? Because last years was sh*t.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #39: Nov 16, 2012 04:18:56 pm

Only 6 months in but i believe it is harder. I actually liked last years, each to their own i guess. There are noticeable differences, download the demo to see. Took me a while to get into it, but im slowly getting addicted.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #40: Nov 16, 2012 06:58:38 pm
      Last year i would play one season and then be bored straight away. So many glitches and retarded moves from the AI in the game made me angry.

Is that fixed? Do wingers actually do something in this game like they did in FM10/11?
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #41: Nov 16, 2012 08:19:01 pm
      Last year i would play one season and then be bored straight away. So many glitches and retarded moves from the AI in the game made me angry.

Is that fixed? Do wingers actually do something in this game like they did in FM10/11?

Depends on the formation you use! ;)
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #42: Nov 18, 2012 01:52:50 am

More ME bugs in this one than other years but everything else looks really good. And as someone said above, it is much harder to win a game nevermind a league :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #43: Nov 23, 2012 10:04:22 pm
      Just bought it.

Please be good.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #44: Nov 24, 2012 05:28:43 pm

With the new patch it is much better, plus I've sorted a formation which obviously improves the fun.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45: Nov 24, 2012 06:09:29 pm
      Anyone seen this?

Baku FC name 21-year-old as Manager based on Computer Game Experience

An unknown youngster has beaten off competition from former European Player of the Year Jean-Pierre Papin to be named the new manager of Azerbaijani club Baku FC – based on his experience of playing the computer game.

Vugar Guloglan oglu Huseynzade, aged 21, was confirmed as manager of ambitious Baku on Wednesday, following the sacking of former Olympiacos defender Bozdar Bandovic.

Huseynzade, who has been a behind-the-scenes advisor since February, fought off competition from former France striker Jean-Pierre Papin – a man who has previous managerial experience with Strasbourg, Lens and Chateauroux.

The young man has now understandably shot to fame, but the size of the challenge does not faze him.

Speaking to a Swedish newspaper after the news broke of his appointment, Huseynzade explained that while he has never held a real managerial position, he has 10 years’ worth of experience to call upon from the computer simulation Football Management.

‘I've always wanted to work in football and have played Football Manager since 2002,’ said Huseynzade.

The passionate prospect has already set out his aims for the future, with the goal to get Baku into the Europa League within three years.

A realistic challenge perhaps, but Baku are currently in the relegation zone in the Azerbaijani Premier League, and have it all to do to avoid relegation.

http://sports.myjoyonline.com/pages/news/201211/97728.php

Quick Reply