Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Football Manager 2013

Read 42550 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Football Manager 2013
      Reply #345: Jul 11, 2013 11:59:36 pm
      Defo agree on the valuations. Once got told that Ryan Bennett was worth 22million when he was valued at 2mill... What the actual F**k
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #346: Jul 14, 2013 08:36:52 pm
      I just started a new game.  Downloaded a new tactic to try.  I havent been able to make one and work on it lately.    I tend to try some tactics out and see if I can take parts from different tactics and combine the best parts and make it work.  Last patch made tactics harder to master tbh. 

I got the transfer update by lfc whats his name.  So have most of the new players as of last week. 

Sold downing, spearing to start off with.  Brought in wanyama and peruzzi.  Still have 15m in the bank to spend, but going to wait. 

This tactic I got is different than im used to.  Usually go with a flat back 4 with the fb pushing up.  This one is sw, dc, dc, dwr, dwl, mc, mc, amr, aml, sc. 

Ive have success with wing backs before,  but never have I tried a tactic with a sweeper. 

Only 4 games in and im 3 wins and 1 loss.  Loss to arsenal, absolutely dominated 60% possession and about 18 shots to their 4. 
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #347: Jul 14, 2013 08:39:40 pm
      Defo agree on the valuations. Once got told that Ryan Bennett was worth 22million when he was valued at 2mill... What the actual F**k

Ive bought a 500k player for 10m before.  Had a game with all the best scouts in the world.  Got told to sign at any cost.  2 years later and worth 35m.  Good think was I turned lfc into the 2nd richest club in the world and had a constant 150m budget.   
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #348: Jul 14, 2013 09:48:39 pm
      Player valuations are silly when teams hold out for so much. In a way it's realistic as most teams these days hold out for ludicrous amounts, but F**k that I want my game to be enjoyable ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #349: Jul 15, 2013 12:37:56 am
      Well I offered Roma £30m for a regen right back and they rejected it despite him being worth only £4. He was then sold to Lyon for £12m a week later.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #350: Jul 15, 2013 12:49:17 am
      Well I offered Roma £30m for a regen right back and they rejected it despite him being worth only £4. He was then sold to Lyon for £12m a week later.

That would bug the hell out of me.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #351: Jul 15, 2013 06:50:53 am

Happens all the time for me too, really annoying, and it's tough to get those offers for your players too and the cheap buggers never pay the full wages so players demand money to move all the time
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #352: Jul 20, 2013 11:15:06 pm

Suarez sold to real for 38m help buy most of these players. 
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #353: Jul 21, 2013 01:06:14 am

Suarez sold to real for 38m help buy most of these players. 

How is Destro for you?
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #354: Jul 21, 2013 02:33:39 am

Havent really played him that much.  But did have him in a old saved game.  He averaged about a goal every other game for me over about 6 seasons.  I used to play a heavy rotation so only got about 20-30 games a season. 
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #355: Aug 03, 2013 08:51:41 am
      Omfg, now ive seen it all.  Start my season and just did a auto pick for the registration for the premier league.  Go realize that peruzzi didnt get registered. 

Now his worth 16m, so I offer him to clubs for 60m.  Figured I might get 20-30m bid for him.  Nope didnt happen. But psg decided to offer 1.2m a month to loan him.  Im seriously going to get 10m for a player and keep him at the end of the deal.  Damn right I accepted that. 

Btw, his my #2 rb and my dumb ass didnt check, bit atleast I've got 4 cb that can play rb to cover my #1rb.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #356: Aug 04, 2013 08:23:16 am
      Omfg, now ive seen it all.  Start my season and just did a auto pick for the registration for the premier league.  Go realize that peruzzi didnt get registered. 

Now his worth 16m, so I offer him to clubs for 60m.  Figured I might get 20-30m bid for him.  Nope didnt happen. But psg decided to offer 1.2m a month to loan him.  Im seriously going to get 10m for a player and keep him at the end of the deal.  Damn right I accepted that. 

Btw, his my #2 rb and my dumb ass didnt check, bit atleast I've got 4 cb that can play rb to cover my #1rb.

Never auto pick!! Got a great deal tho so you did.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #357: Aug 04, 2013 07:16:14 pm
      Never auto pick!! Got a great deal tho so you did.

I auto pick the first 3 or 4 seasons.  Pain in the arse since I dont have enough players trained at the club for 3years before they are 21.  After the 3 or 4 seasons though I have loads of them.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #358: Aug 05, 2013 07:43:27 am
      27 shots to 2.

61% possession.

1-1.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #359: Aug 05, 2013 08:50:32 am
      27 shots to 2.

61% possession.

1-1.

Suarez sulking in your game just like real life?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #360: Aug 05, 2013 09:41:30 am
      27 shots to 2.

61% possession.

1-1.

Happens too often in this game too I find
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #361: Aug 06, 2013 03:25:51 am
      Haven't had problems like that since I moved to a 442. If I dominate, I tend to win.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #362: Aug 06, 2013 06:19:40 am
      I think the 442 im using now.  My chances are down but im scoring more.  I was in the same boat.  While the other tactic I used was better defensively,  id rather win than draw. 

jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #363: Aug 06, 2013 07:30:02 am
      I think the 442 im using now.  My chances are down but im scoring more.  I was in the same boat.  While the other tactic I used was better defensively,  id rather win than draw. 

Loving 442, especially with left and right footers playing up top. Destro is a beast at Deep lying playmaker on the right of the two.
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #364: Aug 06, 2013 09:54:52 pm
      I sold destro again.  Made a little off him, but he wasnt playing for me at the time.  Only had 1 upfront then.  Now ive got 2 up front, ive got 6 strikers.  5 of them are regens and the other is benkete.  Ive got 1 regen banging in 15 to 17 so far, then benkete and another both have over 25 a piece. 
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #365: Aug 07, 2013 01:05:47 am
      I sold destro again.  Made a little off him, but he wasnt playing for me at the time.  Only had 1 upfront then.  Now ive got 2 up front, ive got 6 strikers.  5 of them are regens and the other is benkete.  Ive got 1 regen banging in 15 to 17 so far, then benkete and another both have over 25 a piece. 

He didn't do it for me when upfront on his own, now he s something like 18 in 14 games. Pretty good the season before too. I've got a such a big squad, so I rest him when I can.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #366: Aug 19, 2013 10:54:25 pm
      Looks like I finally started a save that will really get me going for a while.

Picked Accrington Stanley and won the League Two in my debut season there. The level in that league is so low that even without any proper transfer budget (only a couple thousand pounds to spend on signings and a relatively small wage budget) I managed to get together a team that scored goals for fun! Loans were also an important part of my strategy, of course. I used my 3-4-3 tactics that worked brilliantly for me in another save with Leiceister - apparently it's the best tactics I've ever created in this game, at least in the lower leagues.

Promotion to L1 meant a huge challenge since most of my team wasn't good enough for the step up. Nearly all my squad, with the exception of 3 or 4 players, had only 1-year long contracts or were at the club on loan so I let the whole team go and started a new one from scratch.

At first I thought I was going to fight against relegation, but like the L2, L1 is a league where there's so little quality that any bit of good business means you suddenly go from relegation fodder to title contenders. After I signed two Brazilian strikers Arthuro and Claudio Pitbull, as well as Paddy McCourt from Celtic and Paul Gallagher from Leicester, I found myself with the best attacking talent in that division, apart maybe from Leeds United.

The only thing you really need in a situation like mine is patience to look for transfers - and that I have in abundance. I usually waste more time building the squad during pre-season than actually playing all the games. I got 10+ players on free transfers and lots of loans to build a squad that is actually quite big, for a club that had only 3 players at the end of June.

Arthuro's 30 league goals helped me to win the League One, which means I won 2 league titles in 2 years managing Accrington Stanley and got the club to the Championship. I'm already a quite popular figure in the club ;D

I think the real challenge starts now. If L1 and L2 do not differ in terms of quality as much as I thought, the Championship looks like a different planet. Lots of clubs and players there were recently in the Premier League... while my best players are lower league rejects or nearing the end of their careers.

Also, the club is really small in comparison to my competitors and has barely any money, so it'll be hard to build a decent squad. This time it won't be simply a matter of signing a few decent players on free transfers. Looks scary!

I got the 2nd smallest stadium in the Football League so I guess pretty soon the club will be announcing plans to expand the stadium or build a new one... my aim is to get the club to the EPL and there's no way I could get there with my current facilities. :D

Very excited to try and make Accrington Stanley one of the biggest clubs in England ;D I hope to escape relegation from the Championship in my first season there and slowly start building teams to fight for promotion. Who knows how long it'll take though... !
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #367: Aug 20, 2013 03:55:14 am
      Impressive work. I managed to get Plymouth up to the Premier League, but they are much bigger than Accrington Stanley. Really enjoy scouting for players in the lower leagues, and as you say, one decent signing can make a hell of difference. The only thing is the amount of games you have to play in lower leagues means lots of injuries.

Quick Reply