Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Football Manager 2013

Read 42574 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Football Manager 2013
      Reply #69: Dec 30, 2012 06:03:29 pm
      Don't be QPR.

Got sacked out of nowhere by Tony Fernandes because he wanted Gareth Southgate of all people. C**t.

I was doing a pretty damn good job. One spot off Europe in my first year and safely mid table the next.

Hahaha that's gotta hurt, sorry to laugh mate but it's just the thought of it where they are now.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #70: Dec 30, 2012 06:22:31 pm
      Thought I had a good first season with Arsenal, but I missed out on the UCL places on the last day of the season, and then lost the UCL final to Barca 2-1. :(

£27m to spend, looking to get Adam Johnson in, anyone managed him on this?
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #71: Jan 03, 2013 01:02:16 pm
      Can't get into this on my laptop, but I'm finding the handeld version very addictive, even though it's so tempting to use the money cheat when selling players.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #72: Jan 03, 2013 05:59:30 pm
                                                              Reina

Johnson                         Coates                      Sktrel                Agger

Bender                      Lucas

Cavani                                            Gerrard                             Suarez

Falcao

2nd Season, 2nd in the league behind a United team who've drawn 2 games this season and it's February. It's a joke how good Neymar, RVP and Rooney are up front for them.
      Aggeraphobia
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      Reply #73: Jan 03, 2013 06:12:55 pm
      First season I won the league on the last day at Old Trafford with only 86 points, lost FA Cup Final 3-0 to Chelsea after Skrtel got himself sent off ten minutes in, won Europa League and got knocked out early in Carling Cup. Sold Agger and Enrique for £30m, bought James McCarthy for £6.5, Aaron Cresswell for £5m, James Milner for £9m and got Ospina and Bocchetti on frees. Theofanis Gekas and Mane also came in as free backup backup.

Reina, Ospina

Johnson, Kelly (Wing back attack)
      Skrtel, Wilson (Centre Back defend)
      Coates, Bocchetti (Ball Playing CB defend)
      Robinson, Cresswell (Full back support)

Henderson, McCarthy (Wide midfielder support)
      Milner, Allen (advanced playmaker support)
      Lucas, Fernando (box-to-box midfielder support)
      Sterling, Assaidi (Winger attack)

Gerrard, Shelvey (Trequarista attack)
      Suarez, Borini, Destro, Gekas (either advanced forward or poacher)

- Magillionaire, Man Utd just signed Neymar on mine as well, not looking forward to them, they always turn into an unstoppable force on FM, apart from one memorable FM09 game when they ended up being relegated about 15 years in :)
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #74: Jan 03, 2013 07:25:13 pm
      Settled on Cottbus.

Will let you lads know how I get on. I don't think I will do anything in the first window. Good enough squad for promotion.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #75: Jan 03, 2013 07:37:51 pm
                                                              Reina

Johnson                         Coates                      Sktrel                Agger

Bender                      Lucas

Cavani                                            Gerrard                             Suarez

Falcao

2nd Season, 2nd in the league behind a United team who've drawn 2 games this season and it's February. It's a joke how good Neymar, RVP and Rooney are up front for them.
      Cavani and Falcao? :O
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #76: Jan 03, 2013 09:07:26 pm
      Yea
      Both got put on the transfer list. Signed Llorente on a free too but he didn't have a place in the system so sold him on for 15million right away and used that to buy Falcao :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #77: Jan 07, 2013 11:20:54 pm
      Started a new game with Frankfurt, I'm in December of my first season, joint top of the league with Dortmund. My team has a lot of good young players like Rode and Jung but I'm actually surprised at how easily I'm beating the bigger clubs.

My most difficult matches so far were against the likes of Dusseldorf, but Dortmund I just beat easily by 2-0 :D My counter attacking tactics are working to great effect.

Don't think I'll be able to keep up in this kind of form till the end of the season but I'm confident of European qualification.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #78: Jan 09, 2013 11:00:01 pm
      Started a new one with Barrow today, won my first game 2-0 at home against Telford

Has anyone attempted them challenges? Are they good?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #79: Jan 10, 2013 09:08:53 pm
      What does your formation look like Diego mate
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #80: Jan 11, 2013 06:57:41 pm
                        Trapp
      Jung - Demidov - Mensah - Celozzi
                         Schwegler
                           Rode
      Aigner           Meier             Drenthe
                          Occean

I got Mensah and Drenthe on free signings. Celozzi is a right back I converted to the left and has been surprisingly consistent.

The Japanese Inui is a key part of my team despite not being on the lineup above, I always rotate him with whoever is doing worse of my attacking midfielders. In defense, Zambrano is also a good option but Demidov and Mensah have been unbelievably good so far.

January transfer window just closed in my game and I got a few signings in so I have more options now. I got Marcelo Diaz from Basel, a very good central midfielder who can also operate in a few other positions. Sometimes I drop Meier and use Diaz in a central midfield partnership with Rode.

Oh, Sebastian Rode, by the way, is a beast of a player - great ball winning central midfielder, very consistent. Same goes for Schwegler, though I got Simões to provide him with competition in defensive midfield.

My biggest January signing though was Sidney Sam, but so far I haven't found the best way of using him. I had planned dropping Aigner for him but Aigner keeps playing well and Sam is very inconsistent. At the moment Sam's a squad option, though I do plan to make him a first teamer in the future.

A brilliant signing I made just to provide depth but actually surprised me was Doria, central defender from Botafogo. He cost me only £500k and has been great every time I use him, despite being so young (18).
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #81: Jan 12, 2013 10:45:25 pm
      Into my 4th season with Brighton. Got up 1st season, 8th in EPL in 2nd season, 2nd in 3rd season. Just won Charity Shield but got walloped 6-1 away at Old Toilet. Squad is completely transformed since start  with only Lewis Dunk as a original left my squad.

Team: 4-1-2-2(wingers)-1

Trapp

Corchia/Simpson Boyata Wilson Bertrand/Digne

Marcq/N'Diaye

Tejera/Renan Lowe/Godoy

Salvio/Walcott Jaime/Rausch

Gameiro/Aubameyang/M.Bennett

Also have Henderson on a free and Aboubaker as well as some regen players

Jaime was a great cheap left winger and I managed to get Gameiro for 1.3m.

Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #82: Jan 17, 2013 12:44:24 am
      Managing Gladbach. They give you no funds, so I didn't bother to bring anyone in.

Got thru the CL playoff, which will be vital. Just need to qualify next year and we'll go from there.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #83: Jan 17, 2013 08:32:19 am
      Started Liverpool save. First season got walcot for 3m in the jan window. He then scored around 15 goals and won PL in the last game.
      Then LLorente joined on free and he scored around 25 goals, around 10 were from corners. But had to change the style of play which in turn reduced suarez's effectiveness. Next season City finished out of CL and they sacked mancini.Chelsea came with 36m bid for Llorente and i instanly sold him and brought Aguero for 35 m. Suarez's and Aguero's link up play is a joy to watch. The funny thing is they don't like to pass it to Walcot. Henderson is playing pretty well, Have to say Allen has decent attributes, but playing sh*t like in real life.

Fergusen retired and they appointed Hughes as new boss ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #84: Jan 17, 2013 06:24:56 pm
      Signed Neymar for £36.5m and Cavani for £33m the year before. So many good players go on the market, trying to get Schurrle for £12m now!
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #85: Jan 21, 2013 07:59:52 pm
      Loving this Monaco save. Won Ligue 2. Now in Ligue 2, I've got Gamiero in, Mbiwa, Corchia and Mertens. Should be in Europe next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #86: Jan 22, 2013 12:43:56 am
      Loving this Monaco save. Won Ligue 2. Now in Ligue 2, I've got Gamiero in, Mbiwa, Corchia and Mertens. Should be in Europe next season.

Makes sense ;)

I'm playing with Liverpool now. Only save i can get in to.

Playing a 4-4-2 with Borini and Suarez up front, Sterling, Downing, Assaidi, Gaitan (9m) and Dempsey (loan) rotating the wings and Lucas and Stevie in the middle.

2 points off City but i have a game in hand in February. Knocked out of everything else.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #87: Jan 22, 2013 12:52:00 am
      F**k off :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #88: Jan 23, 2013 01:40:20 am
      :D

Ended up level on points with City and lost the title on GD. Was up 1-0 vs Reading in the second last match and Skrtel got sent off and we conceded a late goal to lose the title.

This season i managed to build a very nice team i think.

indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #89: Jan 24, 2013 05:53:52 am
      :D

Ended up level on points with City and lost the title on GD. Was up 1-0 vs Reading in the second last match and Skrtel got sent off and we conceded a late goal to lose the title.

This season i managed to build a very nice team i think.

how come you got 37m to spend?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #90: Jan 24, 2013 11:12:44 pm
      Going back to my Shrewsbury save where I somehow won League 1. I thought maybe I would see about 3m in funds for the Championship but only got 525k. I don't know what I'm to do. I ask for a parent club for loans and they reject me
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #91: Jan 25, 2013 07:06:06 am
      how come you got 37m to spend?

1) It's my second season.

2) Came 2nd in the league and got 15m pounds.

3) Champions League qualification

4) Got rid of Joe Cole, Doni etc. who were on massive wages.

Quick Reply