Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sunderland v Liverpool, Sat 15th September 17.30pm - All build up here!

Read 11284 times
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Re: Sunderland v Liverpool, Sat 15th September 17.30pm - All build up here!
      Reply #23: Sep 11, 2012 11:07:07 am
      I think we should not pressurize the boys to get a win. Confidence is low,we are conceding too many goals, not scoring enough..etc etc...It ll be a good move to try play deep,defend well, often attack in counter..
      Will back the boys even if we loss this game.
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 11, 2012 12:07:04 pm
      Like this, just swap Downing for Enrique as Adam Johnson would have Downing in his pocket here.
      With that thinking i might play Johnson at left back. Right footer against left footer cutting in, then Kelly at right back.

Or just play Jack Robinson already if there are injuries.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,369 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #25: Sep 11, 2012 01:04:44 pm
      Fancy us to do well here....unless the beach ball is in the Sunderland team then who knows what the outcome will be!!
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #26: Sep 11, 2012 01:56:04 pm
      A clean sheet and a goal or two
      for us wil be a very good result
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #27: Sep 11, 2012 02:47:13 pm
      Im 100% behind our man and will be even if we go badly this year.

We understand the position we're in and our support will help and not hinder our boys !!! Will hopefully be watching this in Barcelona :) !

Well, the one thing the deadline day debacle has done is take pressure off the gaffer because a poor season will be put down to FSG's refusal to authorise Dempsey. If we have a good season it will be in-spite of the owners refusal to authorise Dempsey. Either way, it's win/win for BR.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Sep 11, 2012 04:07:41 pm
      Sunderland will be tough, especially away. Dangerous wingers.

Reino

Johnno
      Skrto
      Aggo
      Enriquo

Allo
      Saho
      Shelvo

Gerro
      Suaro
      Sterlo
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,943 posts | 286 
      Reply #29: Sep 11, 2012 10:34:04 pm
      Lets stop being pussys and thinking we need some points behind us, and give them a good smashing instead with a "no fear" performance.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #30: Sep 12, 2012 09:26:10 am
      I think we should not pressurize the boys to get a win. Confidence is low,we are conceding too many goals, not scoring enough..etc etc...It ll be a good move to try play deep,defend well, often attack in counter..
      Will back the boys even if we loss this game.
      If pressureis needed to get a win well I say bring on the pressure,no time for sentiment but 3 points is a must.As I said earlier if we attack like we did in the City game then Sunderland should be no match for us.Give the lads all the support we can and let Sunderland be the team to worry about pressure.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #31: Sep 12, 2012 03:05:29 pm
      I think we should give Gerrard a rest for this one.  He has been playing a lot and could use a full week off before the game against the Scum!  Also, saw a report last week that Enrique may or may not be fit for this game, so I'd give him another week to recover as well.  I'd go with:

Pepe
      Kelly  Skrtel  Agger  Johno
                Allen    Sahin
                   Shelvey
      Downing  Suarez  Borini

Use Sterling as an impact sub with 20-30 minutes left.  Tired defenders will not be able to cope with his pace.  Also, I'd like to see Pacheco, Suso, or Yesil given some minutes in this one.  We do not have great depth, so we must start looking to blood more youngsters. 

I think we will put two in early and keep our first clean sheet of the season.  2-0 to the Reds!!
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #32: Sep 12, 2012 03:19:05 pm
      I think we should give Gerrard a rest for this one.  He has been playing a lot and could use a full week off before the game against the Scum!  Also, saw a report last week that Enrique may or may not be fit for this game, so I'd give him another week to recover as well.  I'd go with:

Pepe
      Kelly  Skrtel  Agger  Johno
                Allen    Sahin
                   Shelvey
      Downing  Suarez  Borini

Use Sterling as an impact sub with 20-30 minutes left.  Tired defenders will not be able to cope with his pace.  Also, I'd like to see Pacheco, Suso, or Yesil given some minutes in this one.  We do not have great depth, so we must start looking to blood more youngsters. 

I think we will put two in early and keep our first clean sheet of the season.  2-0 to the Reds!!

kelly is also injured right?
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 12, 2012 04:09:06 pm
      I think its safe to say that none of us can predict which Liverpool side will turn up on the day at a glance this should be farely straight forward 3 points in the bag but i feel it could be a little more painful than that YNWA
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34: Sep 12, 2012 05:15:29 pm
      I have a feeling if Jose and Kelly are not fit to go we could see the return of Downing to LB  :o
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #35: Sep 12, 2012 05:31:05 pm
      If Downing can be a good left back for us then I'm happy with that. He might offer more there than at left wing.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Sep 12, 2012 06:42:58 pm
      If Downing can be a good left back for us then I'm happy with that. He might offer more there than at left wing.

He could be a good option, depending on the opponents.

Against weaker teams who have no major threat on the wings, he could do a good job, especially if we played a right-footer in front of him cutting in, with Downing on the overlap.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #37: Sep 12, 2012 06:54:54 pm
      If only we could turn up and play every game with the same form as we did against City. Minus the two horror mistakes of course. If only it were that easy.  Still think we can beat these, we just need to make sure we don't get over run in mid field as we did against the arse.  Think we will see the high line again and some decent pass and move footy at a high tempo, so I'm going for a 2 - 0 win to us. Hope Yesil gets some minutes as he's on song at the mo. I'd go with .................

Pepe
                                       Kelly  Skrtel  Aggger  Johnson

Gerrard     Shelvey

Allen
                                     Sterling  Yesil  Suarez

Decent defensively, good creative and solid middle of the park, pace, trickery and finnishing up front. This has goals written all over it and given we need 6 chances to score 1, should be a comfortable 2 - 0 to us. ;D
      sgtwilko
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #38: Sep 12, 2012 06:56:20 pm
      Alright Lads, Sunderland Fan here. Been frequenting the forum for a long time as I enjoy watching Liverpool play, and like  reading about the club.  Anyway, just wanted to wish yous luck for Sunday, especially everything that has happened today.

RIP The 96.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #39: Sep 13, 2012 12:34:26 am
      Just seen on twitter that Sunderland fans are gonna stand and sing YNWA on minute 6 for the 96.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #40: Sep 13, 2012 02:39:44 am
      Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Enrique

Allen
      Sahin
      Shelvey

Downing
      Suarez
      Sterling

Don't feel Gerrard or Borini have done enough to warrant a start, so I'd give Shelvey and Downing a chance to shine.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #41: Sep 13, 2012 05:17:18 am
      Alright Lads, Sunderland Fan here. Been frequenting the forum for a long time as I enjoy watching Liverpool play, and like  reading about the club.  Anyway, just wanted to wish yous luck for Sunday, especially everything that has happened today.

RIP The 96.

Thanks for your support and if what aw1 says is true then massive respect to Sunderland fans from me
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #42: Sep 13, 2012 09:28:08 am
       Not sure about this one, you always expect a Martin O'Neill team to be up for the game.

I can see Sunderland getting very tight, they will play with high defensive line leaving little room between the midfield and defense

Difficult game

I go  4 4 2

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique

Henderson, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard

Suarez, Sterling

Gives us enough strength in midfield, with a some speed up front

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,753 posts | 7179 
      Reply #43: Sep 13, 2012 09:53:55 am
      Is Allen ok after being ill and also getting hammered 6-1. Don't think he and Stevie have gelled yet and looking at Stevies England performances and particularily his passing their is plenty of life in the old dog yet.
      Great to get back to talking about football and a good win here would really help to get Brendans era off the ground after a very difficult start.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,353 posts | 4968 
      Reply #44: Sep 13, 2012 10:31:37 am

Hello Mr Hodgson xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #45: Sep 13, 2012 10:50:04 am
      Y not try a 9-0-1 formation? No shame in applying counter attack against stronger opponents. Chelsea did that last season very effectively.

Quick Reply