Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Sunderland v Liverpool, Sat 15th September 17.30pm - All build up here!

Read 11285 times
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Re: Sunderland v Liverpool, Sat 15th September 17.30pm - All build up here!
      Reply #69: Sep 14, 2012 02:29:19 pm
      Apparently Suso, Assaidi an Joe Cole all back training with first squad.

‏@suso30fernandez
      Going to sunderland. Im in the squad(20players) for the game tomorrow.Finally two players have to be out of the list.Have a nice day

Would love to see him get into first squad, real opportunity for him, certainly good enough.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #70: Sep 14, 2012 03:08:09 pm
      Eagerly anticipating tomorrows game. Feels like a long time since we have played and really looking forward to it. I know many on here don't agree with me but I think Martin O'Neill is a very good manager, one who I believe could have done a good job at Anfield. That said, he will send his team out prepared. We have to be ready. Won't be easy, in particular as it is away from home. But we have to win, our season has not yet started.

Rumours were flying around that Suso is included in the squad. Then I saw his picture on twitter with Enrique, followed by Suso himself confirming the rumours. Delighted for him and hopefully we may see him given the chance of the bench. Best of luck to him!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #71: Sep 14, 2012 03:12:59 pm
      Eagerly anticipating tomorrows game. Feels like a long time since we have played and really looking forward to it. I know many on here don't agree with me but I think Martin O'Neill is a very good manager, one who I believe could have done a good job at Anfield. That said, he will send his team out prepared. We have to be ready. Won't be easy, in particular as it is away from home. But we have to win, our season has not yet started.

Rumours were flying around that Suso is included in the squad. Then I saw his picture on twitter with Enrique, followed by Suso himself confirming the rumours. Delighted for him and hopefully we may see him given the chance of the bench. Best of luck to him!
      Agreed fully here.
      liverpoolforlive
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #72: Sep 14, 2012 03:14:53 pm

‏@suso30fernandez
      Going to sunderland. Im in the squad(20players) for the game tomorrow.Finally two players have to be out of the list.Have a nice day

Would love to see him get into first squad, real opportunity for him, certainly good enough.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #73: Sep 14, 2012 03:57:27 pm
      I'm expecting a lot of solidarity from pretty much every set of fans this weekend after the events in the news this week.

I might be wrong, but wouldn't it be great to see.

I'm not excited about the game itself yet, because I'm still a bit shocked, saddened, bemused, angry etc
      I expect that to change come game time though. I might even head to the pub to watch it with some mates and mingle with other fans to hear what they think about this week.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #74: Sep 14, 2012 04:09:25 pm
      BIB THEORY: Reina; Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson; Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey; Borini, Suarez, Sterling
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #75: Sep 14, 2012 04:20:04 pm
      Suso and Assaidi being on the bench would help me get up for this game. Too many defensive options on the bench, not enough attacking ones.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,668 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #76: Sep 14, 2012 04:38:12 pm
      Suso and Assaidi being on the bench would help me get up for this game.

Steady!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #77: Sep 14, 2012 04:39:37 pm
      Just to add more spice, Yesil also rumoured ;)
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #78: Sep 14, 2012 04:42:26 pm
      This Is Anfield ‏@thisisanfield
      RT: “@btirvine: Suso and Yesil are traveling with the #LFC squad for tomorrow's trip to Sunderland.”
      BroganHill16
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 60 posts |
      Reply #79: Sep 14, 2012 04:46:59 pm
      Badly need all 3 points here. Sunderland is a difficult place to go. We'll need a good performance

PS

Join the LFC Reds FIFA13 Pro Clubs Team (PS3)

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43710.0.html
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #80: Sep 14, 2012 06:20:17 pm
      Hopin we can cut out the mistakes and create a few chances.
      And put in a good performance - show some passion, given the week that's in it.
      Really looking forward to the game after the international break, but gotta be honest, my expectations are not high.
      Who we're playin doesn't seem to make a blind bita difference at the moment, very hard to predict what'll happen.
      Would be great to get the win though, for the lads confidence goin into the next one.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #81: Sep 14, 2012 06:25:47 pm
      You'd forget there was a game on really. Only kind of getting into it now.

Sunderland away is always tricky and they've strengthened well lately. I think some people are under-estimating them so far, and in a way over-estimating us. Our lads have been away on internationals and what not and may be that small bit rustier is our system now. We're not scoring goals either so far this season. I don't have the confidence in us scoring 2 or 3 goals and not conceding. It's just the way we've played so far this year in the league. If we are going to get a result here, it'll be a draw or a very tight victory. :-\

Reina
      Johnson            Srktel               Agger            Enrique
                               Allen                Gerrard
      Borini                            Shelvey                   Sterling
                                           Suarez

Hopefully we can see some of Assaidi in action, with Sahin getting used to the system more.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #82: Sep 14, 2012 06:43:04 pm
      Borini down the middle for me please.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #83: Sep 14, 2012 06:54:28 pm
      Robinson is starting for the u21's tonight so can we assume Enrique is fit.

Yesil also starts, so he can't be in the match day squad for tomorrow.
      LFCDawg
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #84: Sep 14, 2012 07:01:23 pm
      We need to wake up before a possible relegation battle dawns on us. Pepe Raina, Steven Gerard are starting show some worrying signs, poor handling errors by Pepe, and Stevie G well I think a tear just dropped. In the Sunderland game they must start with Shelvey instead of Stevie G. Joe Allen won LFC player of the month in August, he has yet to show me anything besides the fact he plays in low pressure areas of the field...still trying to work out his position in the team?
      Suarez is a great player, really good skill with the ball. If he just stopped with the drama and began to change his ego. Within this league Van Persie shows what a strikers demeanor should be like, he is always calm focused on scoring goals and does not act the fool.
      The level of soccer this year will test the best teams from last season, its just a terrible time to be semi ready for top level football, and LFC are just that ....a machine missing cogs in order to work.

I really hope the lads can focus as a team on getting that ball in the net against Sunderland..... a team with an established manager
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #85: Sep 14, 2012 07:24:42 pm
      I just want a win. We need one so badly at this point. And to be honest, I think it would cap a rough week off in the right way.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #86: Sep 14, 2012 07:31:50 pm
      Mark my word, Our season stars tomorrow, a season where we are going to build to reach new heights. Don't ask me why but with the events that was hunting us for the all these years cleared of we are going to rise back to where we belong.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #87: Sep 14, 2012 07:35:11 pm

‏@suso30fernandez

What does he mean by Finally two players have to be out of the list? Bad English or something else?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,516 posts | 2873 
      Reply #88: Sep 14, 2012 07:42:38 pm
      Yesil, Pacheco and Morgan all involved in the U21s tonight, so it seems like we won't have a striker on the bench again.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #89: Sep 14, 2012 07:57:32 pm
      After such an emotion week for Liverpool in reference to the justice for the 96, Here is my pregame speech, read off the names of all 96 victims of Hillsborough, who died watching and wearing Liverpool red, if that doesn't inspire the boys, then they shouldn't wear the shirt!
      Liverpool 3 Sunderland 0
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Sep 14, 2012 09:05:32 pm
      Yesil, Pacheco and Morgan all involved in the U21s tonight, so it seems like we won't have a striker on the bench again.

UNLESS! BR goes with this:

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Enrique

Allen
      Sahin
      Shelvey

Gerrard
      Suarez
      Sterling

Doubt it, but I'd like it!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #91: Sep 14, 2012 10:25:12 pm
      If you go by the bib theory then Sahin not getting the nod. Must say I thought he was way below were I expected him and put it down to fitness personally. Would be very happy to see Shelvey in the starting XI, adds that touch of unpredictability and is a proper goal threat from range so they don't just have to watch for Gerrard. Good performance and 3 points here would do the confidence the world of good, for so many reasons we need a result, come on lads!

Quick Reply