Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Football community

Read 3366 times
      BirkenshawBantam
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 82 posts |
      Football community
      Sep 14, 2012 08:37:52 am
      I'm unsure if this is the correct place to put this thread, but I did not know where else would be suitable.

The way that footballing fans have come together as one in the past week has been incredible, rivalries have been put to one side and it seems we as a community have come together to show our respect to the inspirational and dignified families of the ninety six, it appears we are coming closer to seeing sick chants eradicated from footballing venues, death and tragedy should never be brought into 'banter' between fans, it does now appear though with closure been given to the families we look to have made that final hurdle to make football grounds an all together more pleasant place to be.

I've seen Man Utd and Everton fans paying there deepest respects and offering sympathies to what happened 23 years ago, this inquest has brought us all together more closely.

At Bradford we've had to endure a few tasteless chants over the last few season about the fire but I hope and believe that now there us light at the end and we have seen the end of any such behaviour.

A few months back I proposed the idea of a Bradford vs Liverpool friendly in 2015 to raise money for both HJC and the Bradfords Burn Unit, I'd bitten off more than I could chew to try organise by myself, but I would very much like to try get this going, I would require help in doing so, I do not know who I would get in touch with to organise it with Liverpool fans but as I said at the time it could raise in excess of 200k for each cause.

Alas, thought and condolences to the families of the 96 let us hope the football community comes out in a new light and we go forward to honour and remember the people who passed away in all football tragedies.

You will never walk alone.

CimBom
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: Football community
      Reply #1: Sep 14, 2012 10:10:57 am
      As a Galatasaray supporter from Turkey and as a football lover, I'd like to offer my sincere apology for believing the official account of the tragedy in Hillsborough and assuming it was another consequence of football hooliganism, at the time.

Of course as the years passed we realised it was not the whole truth but then again I/we failed to understand the impact of the disaster on the victims families, Liverpool supporters and the City of Liverpool as a whole, failing to see that it was a disaster for the whole football community.

Galatasaray played against Liverpool in 2002 on CL and I was lucky enough to watch the game on Anfield and we placed a bouquet of flowers in front of the Anfield memorial for the 96. It was very moving.
      I hope THE REAL TRUTH will bring some closure for everybody involved, particularly for the families of the victims.

I believe it is now my country's turn to bring justice for Leeds United fans Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight who were murdered by mindless thugs in Istanbul.

I am flying out to Manchester on the 19th of September to watch the CL game ManU against Galatasaray (I know you are all wishing us all the best)  and hoping to come home to my kids alive unlike the 96 and countless other football supporters all over the world.
      BirkenshawBantam
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 82 posts |
      Reply #2: Sep 14, 2012 08:27:15 pm
      In unison we prey nobody ever goes to football and doesn't come home.

First comes closure then comes Justice.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Sep 14, 2012 11:43:28 pm
      I'm unsure if this is the correct place to put this thread, but I did not know where else would be suitable.
      This is the correct place , anything to do with Hillsborough goes in here. I'm not sure how to help with you're idea, have you contacted the HJC ?I'm sure they would be of great assistance to you .
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #4: Sep 26, 2012 06:59:31 am
      Like the first poster I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here but I've just heard about the everton fans last night. Hope everyone is ok, clashed with police after apparently. Seen videos where they sang yorkshire police murderers, jft96 and dont change your statements. There are all sorts of reports floating about.
      BirkenshawBantam
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 82 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 26, 2012 07:59:10 am
      Hope none of the Evertonians were hurt.

I know a few Leeds fans and sadly a lot of the stories are becoming so frequent it's hard not to believe them...

What makes me really sick is you've got to look no further than who is in charge of WY Police, a vile subhuman piece of crap.
      BirkenshawBantam
      • Forum Paul Ince
      • Started Topic

• 82 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 28, 2012 07:36:31 pm
      Comment from a City fan I know on the Hillsborough report etc.

Quick Reply