Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Sunderland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Groans

Read 23639 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Sunderland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Groans
      Reply #598: Sep 16, 2012 11:44:24 pm
      We cannot be reliant on a 17 year old.

Agreed. Wilshere played 50 games in his last season at a young age, and look at him now, over a year out injured, and many more weeks to go yet.

I'm still hopeful that Downing will grow into this system, take that RW berth his own, let Sterling play on the left, and at least relieve some of the pressure off of Sterling's shoulders. Some of the job is our own tho and not build up Sterling too much and put too much pressure on him. More give him confidence, not expectation.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #599: Sep 17, 2012 01:30:33 am
      We havent' traveled too well at Sunderland the last few seasons yesterday was no different.

We had enough chances to win the game and at times played some easy to watch football. Dissapointed wth the draw and a bad start to the season but I think we have shown signs of gradual improvement on a weekly basis.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #600: Sep 17, 2012 10:01:32 am
      Thought we played really well and I am bitterly dissapointed we didn't snatch the 3 points..Sunderland we're sh*t !! and there for the taking as far as I'm concerned..
      I here people blaming Agger for not covering the near post when the cross for their goal came in but If Johnson had've actually tried to tackle yer man and not allow him to breeze past him Agger wouldn't have been so flat footed..
      Apart from the lack of an Onion Bagger my only growing concern week by week is the lack of actual physical tackles we are putting in..Skrtel is the only one getting stuck in and making his mark..the rest just seem to be pussy footing around the midfield trying to play the beautiful passing game which might bode well at Anfield when we're 2-0 up but away at Sunderland you need to get yer foot in and win the bloody ball..something that Gerrard , Shelvey, Allen and Johnson just didn't do enough of...
      Oh and Borini is not a wide player...end of !!
      MAN U next week....Lets get stuck in eh boys !!!!! :f_steam:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,437 posts | 3421 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #601: Sep 17, 2012 10:12:05 am
      There's only one Titus Bramble !
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #602: Sep 17, 2012 11:44:39 am
      Thought he was plagued with shin splints. Remember him missing a lot of big matches due to injury.

Shin splints is caused by to much football when your body is still developing .

I'm going off memory though could be wrong.

Incorrect:
      Risk factors for developing MTSS include:
      Excessive pronation at subtalar joint
      Excessively tight calf muscles (which can cause excessive pronation)
      Engaging the medial shin muscle in excessive amounts of eccentric muscle activity
      Undertaking high-impact exercises on hard, noncompliant surfaces (ex: running on asphalt or concrete)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splints

As a child I did very little exercise, then at 40 started running.

I developed Shin Splints, my gait was dreadful. Got the correct running shoes, and problem was fixed.

Nothing to do with age.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #603: Sep 17, 2012 05:23:04 pm
      I think we got the formation a wee bit wrong Saturday. I'm happy to see Borini through the middle, but I didn't like Suarez and Sterling where they were. I'd much rather see Suarez on the right and Sterling on the left and not the other way around. I understand the thinking - Suarez can cut in and shoot from the left - but Raheem's natural and best position is LW. I'd rather see:

----------------AM---------------
      Suarez--------Borini-------Sterling
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #604: Sep 17, 2012 09:43:31 pm
      Piss poor result again, how are we meant to compete if we can't beat the likes of West Brom and Sunderland? Going to be another season without top 4.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #605: Sep 17, 2012 09:57:52 pm
      We never had a chance of top 4 anyway but expected us to compete better
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #606: Sep 17, 2012 10:01:47 pm
      Incorrect:
      Risk factors for developing MTSS include:
      Excessive pronation at subtalar joint
      Excessively tight calf muscles (which can cause excessive pronation)
      Engaging the medial shin muscle in excessive amounts of eccentric muscle activity
      Undertaking high-impact exercises on hard, noncompliant surfaces (ex: running on asphalt or concrete)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splints

As a child I did very little exercise, then at 40 started running.

I developed Shin Splints, my gait was dreadful. Got the correct running shoes, and problem was fixed.

Nothing to do with age.

Is right RedPuppy. My mate Wayne is a Karate instructor and he has suffered with shin splints nearly all his life. He puts it down to all the road running he did when he was younger. He now runs on sand or grass.

If i remember correctly i think you put eight times your body weight in pressure on your knees when running, running on concrete is not really wise when you think about it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #607: Sep 17, 2012 10:01:51 pm
      We never had a chance of top 4 anyway but expected us to compete better

I wouldn't say we didn't have a chance of top 4, on our day we can beat anyone but for the last couple of seasons now it has been exactly that "on our day" and that isn't too often anymore, especially against the smaller teams.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #608: Sep 17, 2012 10:10:15 pm
      I wouldn't say we didn't have a chance of top 4, on our day we can beat anyone but for the last couple of seasons now it has been exactly that "on our day" and that isn't too often anymore, especially against the smaller teams.
      Spot on mate. Last season against the top eight teams we did well, against the rest we did terrible.  This season we seem to be much more consistant..... we can't beat anybody :D   

Quick Reply