Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool's man of the match?

Gerrard
      (75.6%)
      Allen
      (9.3%)
      Sterling
      (5.8%)
      Suarez
      (4.1%)
      Other... (please state)
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United: In-game & post-match vexation & infuration

Read 37545 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United: In-game & post-match vexation & infuration
      Reply #552: Sep 23, 2012 11:00:49 pm
      He's a w**ker and that explains his trouble in seeing in a clear light.

Brilliant!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #553: Sep 23, 2012 11:03:03 pm
      That idiotic ref  got 1 decision wrong i can accept, 2-decisions wrong he's incompetent, 6 decisions wrong definitely warrants an enquiry by the FA.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #554: Sep 23, 2012 11:03:52 pm
      Always thought Mark Lawrenson was a sh*t pundit but after hearing his views on MOTD about the contentious incidents today he is a complete C**t

Amen. Completely one sided analysis. Never even showed a close up of the foul on Suarez in the box yet Valencia was clearly fouled??? Evans had eyes on the ball so he didn't deserve red??? The other 2 tw*ts agreed with him.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #555: Sep 23, 2012 11:18:01 pm
      Still livid. Absolutely fuming. We didn't deserve that and United sure as all hell didn't deserve one point, let alone three. If Shelvey was a sending off, other challenges deserved it as well. If Suarez was not a penalty, then Valencia wasn't either. BE CONSISTENT.

I'm so proud of the boys though. They were magnificent and showed such fight and character, even more so when you consider the crap they had to put up with this match.

I thought Suso and Sterling were excellent. Sterling destroyed Evra all game and Suso demolished Scholes on Gerrard's goal.

Speaking of Stevie, he was incredible today, MOTM out of a team full of them IMO. Everyone played well in my book.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #556: Sep 23, 2012 11:21:33 pm
      Amen. Completely one sided analysis. Never even showed a close up of the foul on Suarez in the box yet Valencia was clearly fouled??? Evans had eyes on the ball so he didn't deserve red??? The other 2 tw*ts agreed with him.
      Valencia was on his F***ing knees and there was no contact Suarez had his legs cut from under him - no F***ing problem.
      Did you hear what Lawrenson said about Jonjo havin words with Ferguson? He said he shouldn't have done that it will come back on him??? Is Lawrenson au fait with the FA/Ferguson gameplan??
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #557: Sep 23, 2012 11:21:57 pm
      Very happy with the team's performance, midfield and defence dominated the scums but we really need to look at how to the make Suareaz, Borini and whoever the rest to gel inside the box and not to be too individualistic, otherwise,, we'll never score enough goals to win games. If we had played as a team inside their box and taken the chances, we could have easily scored 3 to 5 againts the scums 12 players. The lads played magnificently. Hope the injuries are not serious.
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2012 11:37:23 pm by redkop63 »
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1630 
      Reply #558: Sep 23, 2012 11:26:27 pm
      Just proud of our boys today ,felt sick after the game but if Brendan can instill that philosophy into the players and get somewhere near that every week we wont go far wrong , oh and the ref was a c**t .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #559: Sep 23, 2012 11:40:30 pm
      Gutted, robbed by a c**t of a ref, players gave their all today, was really proud to sing Brendan's name when we were 2-1 down, the crowd are definitely onboard with what he's trying to do, so much so a lot of the talk apart from the dodgy decisions during the game is about how Brendan has been letdown by the Owners/MD, especially when you see how light are striking options are when compared to the mancs or any of the other supposed big teams.

Good to see the real Steven Gerrard back today and Suso looks a gem in the making, very impressive display when he came on in the second half.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #560: Sep 23, 2012 11:59:00 pm
      Valencia was on his F***ing knees and there was no contact Suarez had his legs cut from under him - no F***ing problem.
      Did you hear what Lawrenson said about Jonjo havin words with Ferguson? He said he shouldn't have done that it will come back on him??? Is Lawrenson au fait with the FA/Ferguson gameplan??
      I tell you Stuey, i'm extremely disappointed with Lawrenson and have been for a while now. The offal should strike him off of any future commentary about the club.
      He's a disgrace and he needs to do something with his hair , it looks like sh*t . :)
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #561: Sep 24, 2012 12:00:07 am
      The manc faithful have well and truly dragged their club down their level, I wonder if the FA were watching?

Of course the FA will be watching, but why would they want to drag their beloved Scum Utd down like that? They are all darling of the establishment and such - I mean, that's how Ferguson got a knighthood wasn't it, despite doing nothing to warrant it.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #562: Sep 24, 2012 12:06:23 am
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #563: Sep 24, 2012 12:28:26 am
      I tell you Stuey, i'm extremely disappointed with Lawrenson and have been for a while now. The offal should strike him off of any future commentary about the club.
      He's a disgrace and he needs to do something with his hair , it looks like sh*t . :)
      Hear what you're saying mate and probably the majority have been loathe to condemn him because of his glorious history with LFC. It does seem the man has undergone a complete personality change affected by TV camera's and dosh becoming a complete tw*t in the process.
      The carry on tonight confirmed the suspicion that he does indeed talk bollocks, worse still seriously biased bollocks directed at his former club.
      Why he chooses to act in this manner must be to engratiate himself with the undercurrent of manu/FA/establishment bollocks that apparently rewards followers well in the short term.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012 12:44:08 am by stuey »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #564: Sep 24, 2012 12:30:10 am
      Hear what you're saying mate and probably the majority have been loathe to condemn him because of his glorious history with LFC. It does seem the man has undergone a complete personality change affected by TV camera's and dosh becoming a complete tw*t in the process.
      The carry on tonight confirmed the suspicion that he does indeed talk bollocks, worse still seriously biased bollocks directed at his former club.
      Why he chooses to act in this manner must be to engratiate himself with the undercurrant of manu/FA/establishment bollocks that apparently rewards followers well in the short term.

Now, to be fair Stuey, a personality change would require a personality in the first place. ;)
      cannuckred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      • Long way from home, but still bleed Liverpool red
      Reply #565: Sep 24, 2012 12:34:14 am
      Taken some time for me to calm down after watching that game, I am so proud of how the guys played and dug in today, and some Sh#te ref decisions absolutely took away any of the good we should be feeling after seeing them play today. Why is it that this season, even more than last, is focused around refereeing decisions, and how they are affecting games more and more.

If the team can play like that for the rest of the season, I will be really pleased with how things are progressing for the future.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #566: Sep 24, 2012 12:40:57 am
      Why he chooses to act in this manner must be to engratiate himself with the undercurrant of manu/FA/establishment bollocks that apparently rewards followers well in the short term.
      Thought that aswell stuey, if his head has been turned by the cash then that's a shame because when his puditting days are gone all he'll have is his memories and he's tarnishing ours of him.Lets hope he'll see sense and become his own man.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #567: Sep 24, 2012 12:43:41 am
      Fook lawro, today I seen enough.

We will be champs in 2 years. Laugh if you want..

We will

After todays game and the improvement I've seen on the team in each game I'm sure of that too.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #568: Sep 24, 2012 12:46:20 am
      Thought that aswell stuey, if his head has been turned by the cash then that's a shame because when his puditting days are gone all he'll have is his memories and he's tarnishing ours of him.Lets hope he'll see sense and become his own man.
      While he's pocketing the filthy lucre nothing will change, he must know within himself that he's prostituting his ideals, it's a long road back.

Now, to be fair Stuey, a personality change would require a personality in the first place. ;)
      A very perceptive observation Stuart.
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2012 01:00:49 am by stuey »
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #569: Sep 24, 2012 12:53:06 am
      I reckon Halsey was told/decided to avoid controversy in our favour, otherwise the Utd fans may resort to chanting in retaliation.  There has to be a reason why he was so one sided. Normally when a ref makes a mistake they even it up. He didn't even try to.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #570: Sep 24, 2012 01:13:58 am
      Still struggling to come to terms with this result. Always a lot worse to cope with when you have been robbed rather than lost fair an square. Probably take me a while before I can put it behind me. Just felt like kicking football in touch after this game.

A few games on the trot now that we should win will no doubt help to put it behind me. Hopefully by the begining of November we will be back in the right half of the table and looking up towards the top 6 by Christmas.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #571: Sep 24, 2012 01:31:53 am
      I honestly think that the FA being the political organisation they are, which is clear considering the handling of the Suarez witch hunt amongst other things, has a lot to answer for. I think if Halsey errs he is supposed to err in favour of United. Why? Because if Liverpool fans kick off/ start chanting it sways public opinion against them. After the Hillsborough findings the FA is going to come under scrutiny so they will  be fighting this politically. If Utd fans kick off it puts another spin on it that damages the FA more. I really can't see why Halsey has go this so wrong, he didn't even try to even it up.

DOn't get me wrong the fans did themselves a great service apparently and I don't want to win by foul means but do you really see a ref F***ing it up this badly in such a fixture with officials on the side helping?
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #572: Sep 24, 2012 01:50:56 am
      Not much to add is there really.  It was a good contest that we were controlling when Halsey makes a big decision - I have no real problem with Shelvey getting red, it was a bad challenge from him, but I must admit when he blew I thought it was our free kick at first as Evans challenge was just as bad, and deserved the same as Shelvey.

As for the pen, what made it worse is that Halsey was actually in such a good position and still gives it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #573: Sep 24, 2012 02:00:42 am
      Not much to add is there really.  It was a good contest that we were controlling when Halsey makes a big decision - I have no real problem with Shelvey getting red, it was a bad challenge from him, but I must admit when he blew I thought it was our free kick at first as Evans challenge was just as bad, and deserved the same as Shelvey.

As for the pen, what made it worse is that Halsey was actually in such a good position and still gives it.
      Fair comment and much the same as the vast maority here - the referee was F***ing crap.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #574: Sep 24, 2012 02:03:17 am
      Feel sick to the stomach still to post anything.

Absolutely devastated.

Quick Reply