Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool's man of the match?

Gerrard
      (75.6%)
      Allen
      (9.3%)
      Sterling
      (5.8%)
      Suarez
      (4.1%)
      Other... (please state)
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United: In-game & post-match vexation & infuration

Read 37548 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United: In-game & post-match vexation & infuration
      Reply #575: Sep 24, 2012 02:28:52 am
      Fook lawro, today I seen enough.

We will be champs in 2 years. Laugh if you want..

We will

I second this.

Apparently Gerrard scored 45:51, Shelvey was sent off 38:58 and Rafael scored 51:45 & Van Persie scored 80:16 & they all add up to 96. True?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #576: Sep 24, 2012 03:59:24 am
      As much as we did control the first half play wise still very worrying sign can't do anything with it, it seems to be the trend and if we want to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in (I know we had a tough 5 games but 2 from 15 is very poor) we have to be more clinical with our chances and make all the possession, control, passing and chances mean something on the score board.

As for performances go today, though Gerrard/Allen in the middle really controlled the game and were moving the ball around well. It seem that a lot of the time they were working it down the right side where Gerrard come in behind with pace and allow Borini on the left to cut in to make space for him-self or Suarez. Kelly again before he got hurt I thought was very good on the right side, always looking to get into the attack, again he isn't the best attacking player technically but his runs and presence up there causes trouble.

redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #577: Sep 24, 2012 09:20:17 am
       Guess who was the referee when the Scums last won at Anfield in 2007?   ;) >:D
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #578: Sep 24, 2012 10:05:08 am
      "DEVASTATED".........that's all i've to say.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #579: Sep 24, 2012 10:21:39 am
      Its come to such a stage now that if anybody officiates a match as he should, we should chant his name. And if does not boo him. At least we can affect ref's psyche somehow.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #580: Sep 24, 2012 10:44:37 am
      So frustrated by it all. As for the chants - if man u hierachy had balls they would ban every away "fan" who came today - as it was not just an isolated one or two.  Problem is, man u or fa havent got the balls to do it

As for us - we need to learn how to win ugly - and quickly.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #581: Sep 24, 2012 10:45:59 am
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #582: Sep 24, 2012 10:53:26 am
      It's amazing really, in amongst the good stuff from Govan's finest we had the usual sh*t about his player's getting sent off at Anfield and never getting a pen here then hey presto a double whammy.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #583: Sep 24, 2012 11:11:06 am

Apparently Gerrard scored 45:51, Shelvey was sent off 38:58 and Rafael scored 51:45 & Van Persie scored 80:16 & they all add up to 96. True?

As good as that would've been, not according to the stats on the PL website:

http://www.premierleague.com/content/premierleague/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.match-report.html/liverpool-vs-man-utd

It's actually hard to get exact stats anywhere.

karlhoughton7@yahoo.co.uk
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #584: Sep 24, 2012 11:47:43 am
      i was at the game yesterday and was as always expecting something from the mancs..... for the camera's they put on a show of unity... after the game though the truth come out. I was having a discussion this morning with a friend of mine and his friend pipes up on facebook about always the victim...

after challenging him about this etc as he is from london who has probably never been to old trafford he now wants to shake hands with me when we meet.......

internet warrior at its best here. i would rather someone said it to my face and have a discussion about it than hide behind a keyboard...
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #585: Sep 24, 2012 12:14:07 pm
      So then, we are all gutted. But why does a team only need 1 chance at goal to score against us, is it always down to the goal being world class, or can we not defend. Never a penalty and Evans should have gone as well. My only concern is that our lucj has been so bad for almost 2 years that I don't think its a coindience any more.
      Yes we played well, but we never F***ing win.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #586: Sep 24, 2012 12:33:54 pm
      we must be getting better as all fans on all forums gutted about the loss
      last few weeks we been moaning about every thing except playing well an losing
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #587: Sep 24, 2012 01:07:09 pm

So then, we are all gutted. But why does a team only need 1 chance at goal to score against us, is it always down to the goal being world class, or can we not defend. Never a penalty and Evans should have gone as well. My only concern is that our lucj has been so bad for almost 2 years that I don't think its a coindience any more.
      Yes we played well, but we never f**king win.

We are not defending well as a team at the moment, something is not quite right with our tactics and formation. I dont think it is a coincidence that we have been consistently conceding against teams that have only 1 or 2 shots on target against us. The defensive lapses had been happening in the previous season too. Inability to keep clean sheets and not much firepower upfront, attacking midfielders not contributing enough goals, not a great surprise we have the worst league start in a century. We are breaking all sorts of wrong records in the past few months.   :mad:
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #588: Sep 24, 2012 01:16:12 pm
      I read an article on Saturday morning in the lead up to the game. It quoted Ferguson saying that Man Utd could be certain they would not get a penalty at Anfield, as the last they had was scored by Dennis Irwin back in 1996 (or maybe 1995?). Sure enough, yesterday they go and get a penalty.

Time and time again, Ferguson preludes the actions of the ref and then gets what he wants. Did the FA read that article and think 'awww... we need to change that'. 
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #589: Sep 24, 2012 01:35:08 pm
      It's good that we showed a bit of class but sending abusive tweets to Halsey about his cancer ! FFS I despair about the modern generation of football fans. Football is starting to disgust me.
      harrydunn08

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #590: Sep 24, 2012 01:57:24 pm
      Anyone hear any news regarding Kelly?  I just hope Kelly, Agger, and Borini are out for minimal amounts of time.  They are all important for us.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #591: Sep 24, 2012 02:58:36 pm
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #592: Sep 24, 2012 03:18:17 pm
      I hate blaming the ref but his decisions ruined the integrity of the game. Then again, it's happened in our favor too (Rodwell last year at Everton) so it's hard to say that these things don't turn around. But the penalty? F**k off.

We need a striker so badly.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #593: Sep 24, 2012 03:39:45 pm
      Thought we were immense yesterday, Brendan is the man, 5 games in and we can all see the potential that's in this side, once again he has had to tinkle with his charges and field a side relatively new to each others movements/innuendo's,

apart from the the baggies and Arse we have performed well without getting our just rewards, and yesterday was yet another example of our season thus far, but we are getting better and we will be a threat no matter who the oppo is, we have played three of the so called big 4 and we have dominated in most of those matches,

it has been a baptism of fire for Brendan and the lads this start of the season, but in all honesty i'm pretty happy the way things are progressing, introducing the younger lads whether forced to or not will stand us in good stead further on up the road,

in Sterling, Suso, shelvey, Kelly, wisdom et al all having game time recently it is clear Brendan wants to give the every player a realistic chance of making the massive step up from ressies to first team squad,

this will have a very positive effect for the other lads in the club at all levels giving them the confidence that they too can become a first teamer if they work hard enough,

getting back to Sunday, yes the ref was a tw*t, and yes Jonjo's tackle was naughty, both players should have seen yellow imo, and kept the game 11 V 11, there were other incidents in the game that decisions went against us, but no matter how frustrating, annoying or how angry you feel against the ref he will never ever score against us, the pen was never a pen and when he looks at it again Halsey will see how wrong he was, no consolation for us of course but we can't do anything about it can we,

so we're languishing in the bottom 3 of the epl, the lowest position i believe we have been in decades, it is of course a marathon not a sprint this epl and i see no reason to panic/kneejerk, i can see a future with this side, i can see us being up there with the so called untouchables and the billionaires, and when we do we will be holding our heads up the highest yet again proving that LFC sets the bench marks for the rest to follow, people seem to forget,young and old that everyone else is just catching us up on our successful past,Scum reaching 18 and beyond, Chavs their first 'big ears', Citeh buying everything as do Chavs, Arse and Spuds there just pretending, they have no real ambition,

Arse keeping hold of Wenger despite being trophyless for 7 seasons and selling their best assets(to main rivals no less),Spuds sackin 'Arry' probably their best chance of winning the league,gone, and getting a man in relatively new to English prem football with the wherewithal of a blind man down a mineshaft,

we on the other hand are looking much rosier, i'd much prefer to be in our position knowing that we are largely debt free, have a worldwide fan base, have decent without being brilliant owners, a fantastic young manager with a fantastic young side just starting out on a journey that will be full of ups and downs as well as being a dominant league, cl winning and domestic cup winning side, other people hate us always have because of our successful past, well, their gonna hate us even more in the not to distant future, because we are on our way back to glory-dom, it's only a matter of time, and a wee bit of patience,

the future starts here,

IBWT      YNWA
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #594: Sep 24, 2012 04:25:40 pm
      I went to the game, dissapointed at the result to lose after first half performance, the sending off of Shelvey was very harsh to say the least. I hope that the injuries are not too serious, hopefully that we can move on and start turning the results around and move up the table.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,265 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #595: Sep 24, 2012 05:01:35 pm
      Just watched Shelveys tackle in slow motion. Never a yellow never mind a red. He wins the ball. Evans pussy reaction and whingy face brings the red from the ref, arse hole
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #596: Sep 24, 2012 05:22:58 pm
      The referee s not my main concern, I think we are desperately in need of a real striker upfront no more Suarez please, the guy is world class but he doesn't like the contact and fight for crosses like Borini for example. It should be Borini in the middle, or Morgan or Yesil but a real striker please. Our midfield again was great, although we miss Lucas, he would have prevented ManU from playing with his tackles if he had been there. And Scholes changed the game when he came. We have a good team and the play is pleasant but we need to play a real striker upfront. Even  if he's 18
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #597: Sep 24, 2012 06:31:05 pm
      Mark Halsey has made a complaint to Police about the twitter abuse.  I don't blame him but why Greater Manchester Police?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9562821/Referee-Mark-Halsey-complains-to-police-about-Twitter-abuse-following-Manchester-Uniteds-win-over-Liverpool.html

Just checked his Wiki page, he lives in Bolton so that would explain why it's GMP.

Quick Reply