Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Liverpool's man of the match?

Gerrard
      (75.6%)
      Allen
      (9.3%)
      Sterling
      (5.8%)
      Suarez
      (4.1%)
      Other... (please state)
      (5.2%)

Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United: In-game & post-match vexation & infuration

Read 37547 times
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United: In-game & post-match vexation & infuration
      Reply #598: Sep 24, 2012 06:58:59 pm
      Mark Halsey has made a complaint to Police about the twitter abuse.  I don't blame him but why Greater Manchester Police?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9562821/Referee-Mark-Halsey-complains-to-police-about-Twitter-abuse-following-Manchester-Uniteds-win-over-Liverpool.html

Just checked his Wiki page, he lives in Bolton so that would explain why it's GMP.

Rightfully so. No excuse for dishing out personal abuse and threats, especially about his battle with cancer. It sickens me that some people think football can be used as an excuse to exhibit some of the most disgusting behaviour.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #599: Sep 24, 2012 07:26:11 pm
       Not for the first time, a couple of complete idiots are going to grab the headlines. It's 50% their fault, and 50% the fault of the headline writers.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #600: Sep 24, 2012 07:44:40 pm
      Mark Halsey is a good guy and I've got a lot of time for him as do a lot of other people in football. I disagree with his decisions in the game the worst of which were not giving Jonjo a yellow for a bad tackle before the red and not booking Evra for the tackle on Sterling on the edge of the box. Those were done for the right reasons though. Basically it's sad that he's getting the abuse he is. Stick is one thing, call him a sh*t house by all means, but for two people to say they wish he'd died of cancer is ridiculous and out of order. I'm guessing those two soft shites saying that haven't had anyone in their family die of that sh*t illness. 

Evans got Shelvey sent off. Going down and turning into the my legs broken pose forced the hand of the ref. In looking at the replay Evans should have gone and Shelvey should have had his second yellow. It is not the first time this season Shelvey has lunged in like that and is something he needs to cut out of his game sharpish.

The United penalty is soft, but there is contact from Glen on Valencia standing foot, it's a soft penalty that United get when they need them most. They have won countless league titles where if you go back in the season you can look back to such penalties going in their favour but never against.

The Suarez penalty is obviously a pen too. Contact on the foot and his leg, but in real time it just looks a dive because of the sheer drama of the fall. He really should have just hit the ground without the amateur dramatics.

Again we are beaten by circumstance and being on the harsh end of decisions that turn the tide of a game. Jonjo didn't help us though, neither did Agger and Johnson for the second goal, or the fact we didn't bury them by half time.

We need to start helping ourselves and closing out games we ought to win sooner rather than later.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #601: Sep 24, 2012 08:26:24 pm
      The personal abuse received by Mark Halsey is disgusting, and infuriating that these are Liverpool fans.. dragging our name through the mud whilst they hurt a man and his family.

As an aside to that, I am also frustrated to see that this story is given far more press coverage than the Man Utd fans chanting and mocking the dead Liverpool supporters and their families. The media have bluntly condemned the Liverpool supporters abusing Mark, but not the Man Utd fans abusing our people.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #602: Sep 24, 2012 08:30:09 pm
      As an aside to that, I am also frustrated to see that this story is given far more press coverage than the Man Utd fans chanting and mocking the dead Liverpool supporters and their families. The media have bluntly condemned the Liverpool supporters abusing Mark, but not the Man Utd fans abusing our people.

That's what pisses me off, but I'm not condoning in any way the abuse Mark Halsey has received. It's embarrassing when our own 'supporters' stoop that low.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #603: Sep 24, 2012 08:35:14 pm
      Just watched Shelveys tackle in slow motion. Never a yellow never mind a red. He wins the ball. Evans pussy reaction and whingy face brings the red from the ref, arse hole

He has no control because he is in the air diving in with his studs showing. In the modern game it's a red card
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #604: Sep 24, 2012 09:54:24 pm
      Now is it me or was it very pro United on Match of the Day last night. I swear 99.9% of the time on any debatable decision by the ref they go into proper detail about it, doing close ups and slowing the play right down, looking at it from different angles etc but certainly wasn't the case last night. Lawro was coming across as an ex Manc too, just dismissing every decision by the ref saying that he got it right.

We were well and truly screwed by the ref and for a start Evans went in 2 footed, Shelvey clearly only went in 1 footed and the only reason that Shelvey caught Evans is because that Manc tw*t went in 2 footed!! Also why the hell did Van Persie only get a yellow, he went in with much more intent than Shelvey! On the plus side I know it may not be the best behavior but F***ing well in to Shelvey standing up to Rio and then not cowaring away and having the balls to lay into Fergie too! One of the reasons and probably by far the main reason I was happy to see Meireless leave was because he bottled a challenge and not only did he bottle a challenge but he done it against the Mancs, Shelvey is showing that come hell or high water he isn't pulling out of any challenge no matter who it's against and he's only 20!

Bit more luck and we would have had the dirty Mancs. Also, how good was it to see Suso leave Scholes for dead?!

Fantastic finish by Stevie too!
      DaveMac82
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #605: Sep 24, 2012 10:25:58 pm
      Now is it me or was it very pro United on Match of the Day last night. I swear 99.9% of the time on any debatable decision by the ref they go into proper detail about it, doing close ups and slowing the play right down, looking at it from different angles etc but certainly wasn't the case last night. Lawro was coming across as an ex Manc too, just dismissing every decision by the ref saying that he got it right.

We were well and truly screwed by the ref and for a start Evans went in 2 footed, Shelvey clearly only went in 1 footed and the only reason that Shelvey caught Evans is because that Manc tw*t went in 2 footed!! Also why the hell did Van Persie only get a yellow, he went in with much more intent than Shelvey! On the plus side I know it may not be the best behavior but f**king well in to Shelvey standing up to Rio and then not cowaring away and having the balls to lay into Fergie too! One of the reasons and probably by far the main reason I was happy to see Meireless leave was because he bottled a challenge and not only did he bottle a challenge but he done it against the Mancs, Shelvey is showing that come hell or high water he isn't pulling out of any challenge no matter who it's against and he's only 20!

Bit more luck and we would have had the dirty Mancs. Also, how good was it to see Suso leave Scholes for dead?!

Fantastic finish by Stevie too!

that's why I refer to him as Manc Lawrenson, he never wastes a moment to slag us off. That's why you never see him at Anfield anymore he's not welcome.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #606: Sep 25, 2012 01:54:28 am
      I somehow strongly disagree with the red card, Jonjo's right foot came flying in trying to block or to win a 50-50 ball and his right foot was about to land on the turf when Evans 2-footed challenge came in early and was caught, not as if Jonjo's leg was mid-air and caught Evan's ankle. What does Mark Halsey expects, Jonjo's tackle sliding all the way on the turf? It was just one of those hard tackles and perhaps a slightly miss timed tackle and doesn't deserves a straight red and the referee was about 5 to 6 yards away and he had to consult the linesman. who was perhaps  30 to 50 or more yards away, meaning he was indecisive, this is embarassing.

He waited and waited and waited and finally flashed the red card, if he was convinved about the bad tackle (while he was only 5 to 6 yards away), he should have reached for the red card immediately after that tackle, as what we normally sees referee do, it was as if telling himself ... "I must do something, I must do something, I must do something against Liverpool, is this the right moment to do it, is this the right moment to do it?. Call it a childish observation, but his body language suggests so while this is not the first time we see  how referees react to such situation.

The club should officially ask the FA how they interpret Evan's 2-footed challenge, that also deserves a straight red, never mind Evans dramatically rolled on the ground after that tackle. The referee got 1 or 2 major decisions wrong, that I can reluctantly accept but getting 6 major decisions wrong in that match, either; Mark Halsey is incompetent or his mind was not in the game or something more than that is going on.

I can now recall, in recent years we have seen so many strange decisions going against us that had affected the score, most of the time involved manure. There'll sure to be one player from our side got sent off while manure none even how bad their tackles were. There must have been some conspiracy going on here which I rubbished it initially, but there seems to be a consistent pattern going on here.

For a start, LFC should insist to have one or more representative on board of the FA committee, or whatever they call it, to see and hear what's happening there. We must go political if efforts on the pitch cannot give us justice.

On the positive side, very happy with the way we played, 100% by the lads, things can only improve from here. BR model is slowly but surely taking shape.
      « Last Edit: Sep 25, 2012 02:14:20 am by redkop63 »
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #607: Sep 25, 2012 07:40:25 am
      For me the biggest impression is that someone like RVP hasnt touched the ball more than few times for the whole game. That is the point of what we are trying to achieve under Rodgers.

Other teams can buy the best players in the world, the players that we cant afford but if we pass the ball around like we did it wont matter who plays for the opposition as we`ll starve them of the ball. Thats the only way for us to bridge the gap with manchester teams and all this was without the best DM in the league and certain someone like Sahin who is building his match fitness.

Cant express enough how proud I am of our team and how bright our future is. BR will turn out to be a masterstroke of an appointment, I am convinced.

Now lets get some points in the next 3 games which we definitely will if we continue to play like this. :scarf: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #608: Sep 25, 2012 09:36:16 am
      For me the biggest impression is that someone like RVP hasnt touched the ball more than few times for the whole game. That is the point of what we are trying to achieve under Rodgers.

He had five touches in the first half.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #609: Sep 25, 2012 11:28:59 am
      The minute we ask Shelvey to stop going in for 50-50 balls we may as well sell him.

That's what football is all about. I'd be more pissed off if he was shitting out of tackles.

Give me a player who'll kill for that ball over some faggot who'll jump out of the way.

It wasn't even a sending off. Halsey fu**ed up and i think after watching the footage again he'll know he fu**ed up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #610: Sep 25, 2012 11:31:54 am
      The minute we ask Shelvey to stop going in for 50-50 balls we may as well sell him.

That's what football is all about. I'd be more pissed off if he was shitting out of tackles.

Give me a player who'll kill for that ball over some faggot who'll jump out of the way.

It wasn't even a sending off. Halsey fu**ed up and i think after watching the footage again he'll know he fu**ed up.

Totally agree hardcore.

That's one of the things I really like about Jonjo and seem to remember a certain Mr Gerrard having more than a few rash tackles in the early days and if Shelvey turns out half the player we have a good un on our hands.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6726 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #611: Sep 25, 2012 11:40:27 am
      Made me sick losing at home to those 12 cu*ts that took to the pitch against us.

F***ing gutted. Robbed by a Ref on the ManU payroll.  :f_steam:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #612: Sep 25, 2012 11:54:14 am
      Shelvey made it clear post match - he was not backing out of a tackle against the Mancs.

Looking back on it, obviously he should have gone in with more control but then again Evans also had no control whatsoever.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #613: Sep 25, 2012 12:30:50 pm
      Just a short thought from me, I was discussing this with someone who was at the match, from what I saw stats-wise and with my own eyes, we dominated a very poor Utd, I think it was 65% v 35% in the first half and we were on top.
      The problem is if you dont score when you are on top, you can bemoan all the bad luck in the world, and suspect decisions, but youre not going to win matches, we need to be more clinical simple as. YNWA.
      DanMann

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #614: Sep 25, 2012 01:18:49 pm
      So, when would we be likely to hear if the club were to appeal the Red Card decision? and, since Evans didn't receive any punishement for his tackle, the FA are able to retrospectively suspend him if they feel the tackle warranted a red card.

I don't expect either of these to happen.. but still..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #615: Sep 25, 2012 06:29:18 pm

Don't think we'd have to sell him, think he'd just buy his own contract out! Shelvey will go in as hard as he has to in order to win the ball no matter what, even if he was on a yellow he still would. It's the type of player he is and is a strength about him that no matter who it's against you can guarantee that if someones pulling out of the 50-50 then it wont be him.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #616: Sep 25, 2012 06:41:48 pm
      There is no grounds for appeal and the FA won't look at the tackle from Evans unless the ref mentioned it
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #617: Sep 26, 2012 12:54:00 am
      What can I say?

The ref ruined the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #618: Sep 26, 2012 01:13:19 am
      Summing up, we can beat anyone with that sort of performance, absolutely anyone, and we've still got a  few tricks up our sleeves when the lads are all back to full fitness. Halsey took a victory off us by either poor refing or total bias, the latter which amounts to blatent cheating. If thats the case, he deserves all the abuse coming his way, but I don't condone the references to cancer. I can only suggest that if we are subject to such poor one sided refing again this season, there must surely be a conspiracy. Only time will tell, but for now its up to our lads to be more clinical in front of goal and lets bring all the good work to fruition with a prem win next time out.

Quick Reply