Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Referees influence games more than the players and managers

Read 19593 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Referees influence games more than the players and managers
      Reply #92: Oct 01, 2012 04:56:43 pm
      F**k nose ferguson's plot has succeeded beyond his wildest whiskey haze, his initial statement about the lad [Luis Suarez] diving was immediately siezed upon by his co-conspirators in the FA and subsequently the mindset of officials was set - it is quite perverse that the situation prevails.

There's more than one way to cheat Stuey and the old soak has perfected the subliminal manipulation of people's spyche.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #93: Oct 01, 2012 08:20:54 pm
      There's more than one way to cheat Stuey and the old soak has perfected the subliminal manipulation of people's spyche.
      Nail on the head Debs, otherwise known as mind games.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #94: Oct 03, 2012 09:19:37 pm
      Hmmmm...

Rate the Ref ‏@RateTheRef
      Ref appointments 6-7 October: Liverpool v Stoke: L.Mason, Spurs v Villa: Swarbrick, Newcastle v ManU: H.Webb. Thoughts?

Banker for the scum I'd say  :roll:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #95: Oct 03, 2012 09:51:51 pm
      Yeah definitely could of been a tough match for the scum if Howard wasn't ref for that, good move by the F.A. there, saw the danger and averted it. I'd bet money on a penalty for them there and if they miss it, it will be retaken until they score it.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #96: Oct 04, 2012 12:58:32 am
      FACTS : 1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since. 2. Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship. 3. Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool. 4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United's 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn't refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3) 5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since. 6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off. 7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United's most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City. 8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United. 9. Manchester United's CEO is on the board of The FA. 10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was on the LFC Transfer Speculations Facebook page. This is very strange. I was in the pub earlier on with a mate of mine, who is a Manchester United fan, and he actually told me this story. He himself admitted that it was very strange. Surely not a coincidence? Somebody has to latch on to this, because this is turning into a farce. Carries on, and it will probably turn into match fixing scandal. To be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #97: Oct 04, 2012 05:37:34 pm
      The only people who dismiss the claims of bias are manUre supporters and the FA of course.
      Everybody else is convinced of the fact, on an international level no less.
      TheSturridgeShake
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 61 posts | 20 
      • JFT96 <3
      Reply #98: Oct 05, 2012 04:44:35 pm
      England isn't the only country with a team or teams either and its a common thing. Italy have their golden boys AC Milan and Juventus who they should have hit harder over the match fixing scandal. Funnily enough, Juventus' coach has just had a ban reduced massively.

Spain have Madrid and Barcelona who they let rack up massive debts whilst helping them pay it off to keep their top teams going and keep national pride high.

The game is riddled with corruption.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #99: Oct 05, 2012 05:30:08 pm

The game is riddled with corruption.
      ....and Sepp Blatter presides.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #100: Oct 06, 2012 12:28:40 am
      FACTS : 1. Mike Dean, referee, when Blackburn beat Manchester United 3-2 and hasn't refereed a Manchester United game since. 2. Mike Dean - referee, in 2010, after Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, was demoted to the Championship. 3. Alan Wiley, called "fat and unfit" by Alex after Manchester United's draw with Sunderland," agreed to retire" that season, he was also the ref on OT when the mancs lost 1-4 to Liverpool. 4. Mark Clattenburg refereed Manchester United's 6-1 defeat to Manchester City, hasn't refereed a single Manchester United game after that Manchester derby. (has acted as 4th official in 3) 5. Martin Atkinson -Involved in Manchester United's defeat to Chelsea, criticized by Alex, hasn't refereed Manchester United game since. 6. Ex referee Jeff Winter openly stating that he hadn't been given a Manchester United game for 2 years after sending Roy Keane off. 7. Howard Webb has been Manchester United's most used referee since the defeat to Manchester City. 8. More than 18% of the penalties Webb has awarded in his 8 year career have been to Manchester United. 9. Manchester United's CEO is on the board of The FA. 10. Alex Ferguson not happy with Chris Foy, Foy referees a League Two game. something he hasn't done since the 2001-02 season..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was on the LFC Transfer Speculations Facebook page. This is very strange. I was in the pub earlier on with a mate of mine, who is a Manchester United fan, and he actually told me this story. He himself admitted that it was very strange. Surely not a coincidence? Somebody has to latch on to this, because this is turning into a farce. Carries on, and it will probably turn into match fixing scandal. To be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Good piece of information +1. And all those important decisions against us are highly suspicious. I remember 2 incidents , one of which is Masch was sent off while shriek weren't and the latter was more vocal if not more than Masch. The other is Sami and I was shocked. If we look back at those games against the MU over the years, I think we can find plenty of other bias and strange decisions against us that perhaps only the referee knows best the reasons for it and that the referees have been consistently bias against us and other teams, when the opponent is MU.

Their CEO should not be in the FA in the first place, it's a conflict of interest and someone needs to point that out fast and make a point to do something about it. Otherwise, we insist to have our own CEO in the FA as well.  I think other clubs got worst decisons than us and it must be a collective effort to get their CEO off the board of the FA fast.

That being the case, it makes MU unworthy champions of the EPL on numerous occassions and they won in unfairly.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #101: Oct 08, 2012 03:13:52 am
      The totally blown call on Huth's take down of Suarez along with the piggy back ride Downing gave to the Italian player on Thursday are a farce. The league as well as UEFA should review everything  like this on Monday mornings and dole out suspensions as needed, this is the only way players will get the message I fear.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #102: Oct 08, 2012 03:46:33 am
      I think the refereeing in the premier league has been progressively worse as the seasons go by. It asks alot of questions for me around ethics and integrity. It really does not bode well for the image of the league at face value at times it looks and feels more corrupt than the Italian league.

Lee Mason last night was sh*t house I think Mike Riley and his band of clowns are having a right laught at us week in week out as is the FA and that dirtly old man from Manchester.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #103: Oct 08, 2012 11:54:51 am
      The refereeing standards are terrible and decisions are so pro-United, it's unreal.
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #104: Oct 08, 2012 01:54:40 pm

Lee Freaking Mason was the asshole that sent off 2 of our players controversially in that loss against Fulham a few seasons ago. Howard Webb and him plus a few other refs are giving us f... all this season. It used to be just those two shitbags for the past few seasons.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #105: Oct 08, 2012 03:41:09 pm
      He's apparently said he thought the stamping was accidental so the FA will do nothing more. Does this surprise any of us, of course not, disgraceful all the same.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #106: Oct 08, 2012 04:42:06 pm
      He's apparently said he thought the stamping was accidental so the FA will do nothing more. Does this surprise any of us, of course not, disgraceful all the same.

Just like the elbow drop on Suarez during the Norwich game was accidental.

This is getting ridiculous and these referees are showing themselves to be a joke.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #107: Oct 08, 2012 05:53:27 pm
      He said he saw the stamp during the game so that means Huth can't be charged now.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #108: Oct 08, 2012 06:19:12 pm
      He said he saw the stamp during the game so that means Huth can't be charged now.

That rule is a joke in itself,it's just a Backdoor escape route for the f.a to not look like the inept tw*ts that they and there employees are.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #109: Oct 08, 2012 07:04:35 pm
      That rule is a joke in itself,it's just a Backdoor escape route for the f.a to not look like the inept tw*ts that they and there employees are.

Agreed. If the referee sees an incident and gets it wrong then the FA should be taking action not only against the player but the referee. You would see an immediate improvement in refereeing if they weren't protected by the anonymity the FA provides them and where made to come out and, like players and managers, come out and give post-match interviews. But then, the entire FA is a joke in itself.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #110: Oct 09, 2012 09:50:31 am
      Check this out and try and tell me there is no corruption or whatever you want to call it where Utd and referees are concerned. Apologies for only putting up the link but I'm on my phone:

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/revealed-the-evidence-of-the-manchester-united-referee-conspiracy/
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #111: Oct 09, 2012 11:30:01 am
      Check this out and try and tell me there is no corruption or whatever you want to call it where Utd and referees are concerned. Apologies for only putting up the link but I'm on my phone:

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/revealed-the-evidence-of-the-manchester-united-referee-conspiracy/

Did you see the comments of that article?

Must be United fans. Unable to accept the fact that their team cheated their way to results.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #112: Oct 09, 2012 02:24:19 pm
      Whilst he draws conclusions for the reader (the reader should always draw their own), there's enough circumstantial evidence there that some mainstream journalist should investigate.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #113: Oct 09, 2012 04:00:29 pm
      I was watching TV earlier just now and I can't remember the fella's name (I think it was Alan Curbishley) who mentioned that players who simulate should be given a ban of two matches or so.

That won't work because it will only work if referees get a blatant penalty call, right.

What if someone really gets challenged but the referee thinks it was a dive .. the player then has to suffer a two match ban for no reason.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #114: Oct 09, 2012 05:29:37 pm
      I was watching TV earlier just now and I can't remember the fella's name (I think it was Alan Curbishley) who mentioned that players who simulate should be given a ban of two matches or so.

That won't work because it will only work if referees get a blatant penalty call, right.

What if someone really gets challenged but the referee thinks it was a dive .. the player then has to suffer a two match ban for no reason.

I'm all in favour of players being booked for diving but only if it's rescinded by the FA when/if video evidence shows it was a foul.  This can only happen when the FA get's rid of the stupid rule where if the referee says he saw an incident the FA can do f**k all about it.

Maybe if the FA set up a panel of Referees, from all Leagues, to independantly look at all decisions from every game with a secret ballot at the end then we might start getting a non biased view of such events.

Or the FA can award or take away points based on refereeing decisions.  Wouldn't it be great to have goals from non penalties be taken away along with the points from that fixture or vice versa goals awarded when penalties weren't given and points added if it changes the results.

That would shake the game up a bit  ;D

It'll never happen of course.

Quick Reply