Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Man of the Match tonight?

Nuri Sahin
      77 (67%)
      Suso
      3 (2.6%)
      Danny Pacheco
      2 (1.7%)
      Oussama Assaidi
      29 (25.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Jamie Carragher
      2 (1.7%)
      Samed Yesil
      0 (0%)
      Sebastian Coates
      1 (0.9%)
      Someone else?
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 112

West Brom 1:2 Liverpool In game & post match delight.

Read 27898 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: West Brom 1:2 Liverpool In game & post match delight.
      Reply #552: Sep 27, 2012 01:00:47 am
      Cheers Cas, will vote after I watch the game tomorrow. 
      MsGerrard
      Reply #553: Sep 27, 2012 01:02:51 am

Was that my performance or Liverpool's performance  :P  :lmao:

Ah yes, it's like Utopia in here tonight . ;D

Indeed !!!  8)

Cheers Cas, will vote after I watch the game tomorrow. 

You'll enjoy it Stu, I guarantee it  :D
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #554: Sep 27, 2012 01:04:14 am
      Confidence in our kids must be high and rightly so, in the clubs hour of need they have stepped up to the plate and delivered.

League champions in 3 years.
      I enjoyed tonight have alot of confidence in the kids, they are showing the way ... theres a quiet confidence about the club that we didnt have previously.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #555: Sep 27, 2012 01:07:53 am
      Just watched the goals again and one thing that struck me about the winner was the movement of Sinclair.  As Suso is moving forward he takes up a good position and as soon as the ball goes wide he moves back inside with real purpose - it is really clear from the view behind the goal.  Good prospect, and the youth are looking so positive and have a real zip about them.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #556: Sep 27, 2012 01:24:38 am
      Just watched the goals again and one thing that struck me about the winner was the movement of Sinclair.  As Suso is moving forward he takes up a good position and as soon as the ball goes wide he moves back inside with real purpose - it is really clear from the view behind the goal.  Good prospect, and the youth are looking so positive and have a real zip about them.
      The lad was getting into good position , did you see the pass from Assaidi to him , except it was alittle bit strong Sinclair would have gotten something from it. Hope for the future.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #557: Sep 27, 2012 02:01:12 am
      Great performances all over the pitch tonight. Assaidi, Coates, Sahin, Robinson but even though he was on the field only ten minutes i just really feel Suso has all the qualities to start week in week out. Looks so comfortable on the ball and a great little pass in the build up to our second goal. Well done lads and fair play to Brendan for having the confidence to field such a young team and bench.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #558: Sep 27, 2012 02:19:55 am
      A magnificent display of pass and move football. At one point I thought I was watching a pinball machine. Everybody did very well and worked 100%. Never mind the mistakes made by the younger players because we tried to be a bit more adventurous, I will gladly accept that, the younger players will learn from it and can only get better. It's better than those side and backpasses and possession that we used to see that comes to nothing and only got me frustrated. Funnily, now I enjoy watching the younger players more, how often do we see us, in recent times, a goal down and came back to win a match.

I think this group played more like a team than the seniors, the latter has too many individualistic players, trying to do all by themselves. These younger players played with great determination and speed, and more importantly as a team, and I can certainly see hunger in them.

The thing I like most about the younger players is, they moved fast and dare to take the ball into the box, it just doesn't give the opposition time to re-group and the defenders  just couldn't figure out where the threat is going to come from next.  We simply put enough players inside the box and at the right place and the right time to score, something we failed to do with the seniors.  Special mention goes to Suso, he works well in little space and a very technically gifted player, he's going to be a big name in future. Suso, Sahin, Yessil and Assaidi, they're going to be nightmares for opposition defence. Special mention also goes to Jamie, in spite of his age,he  held the defence together well against a very good WBA.

Looks like Sahin is beginning to enjoy his time with us with the goals. Excellent, that gives him the confidence that is needed. He moved fast and no dallying and appears to be inside the box within seconds and at the right place, something the seniors will need to learn from fast.
      EverReddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • Men of Shankly's Best
      Reply #559: Sep 27, 2012 02:47:17 am
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065:   
      My first post is a happy one - we won!! Over the moon at how positive and impressive the lads were. Cracking goals, great passing - could we have turned the corner? We'll soon find out against Norwich on the 29th but now I have HOPE!
      Sometimes it's pure joy to love Liverpool
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #560: Sep 27, 2012 03:18:57 am
      Still buzzing after that win. The kids done good.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #561: Sep 27, 2012 03:22:13 am
      God bless the kids....that's all I can say, funnest time watching a match in I don't know when.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #562: Sep 27, 2012 07:49:09 am
      How can Henderson be our least good CM. I like it personally our midfield is solid and is full of creativity. Sahin impressed me with the use of both his feet, and Suso,s natural talent and confidence is great.
      Sahin was also willing to go into the box and it's something we've lacked since the start of the season. I think Sahin should be replacing Shelvey vs Norwich after such a performance
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #563: Sep 27, 2012 07:57:43 am
      The tactics and style that the first team employ are what they use at the reserve and Under 18 level - they both employ the same and have done for a number of years ( since Rafa wanted full control and employed Borrell to run it ). The reason the young lads are fitting in well is because they have been trained to fit into the system and its been going on for a number years now. You just have to watch the youngsters to see it. They are trained that way because of Borrell and initially Rafa who started it all . Both Woy and Kenny left it up to Borrell . When BR arrived one of the first person he spoke too was Borrell and he was delighted that the youngsters were already being coached to his style hence why he is confident they can fit.

That's were Rafa gets the praise - for starting it all off and restructuring the Academy to what we see now, it's because of that the kids are coming through. He even said they would start coming through within 5 years. I know for some it's loath to give Rafa praise but at least try it through clenched teeth.
      Don't really see it mate.  I agree, fair play to Rafa for getting some of these young lads in and for bringing in Rodolfo.  I've watched a fair amount of reserve and youth matches and the style of play was nothing like what we are trying to play now.   The spaces they take up and the way multiple players show for the ball and are ready for a pass.  The options available etc.  Nothing like they have played in the reserves even as recent as last spring. 

Have also never seen the fullbacks so aggresive in past reserves and youth.  Our current system is of a completely different animal. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #564: Sep 27, 2012 08:18:52 am
      Don't really see it mate.  I agree, fair play to Rafa for getting some of these young lads in and for bringing in Rodolfo.  I've watched a fair amount of reserve and youth matches and the style of play was nothing like what we are trying to play now.   The spaces they take up and the way multiple players show for the ball and are ready for a pass.  The options available etc.  Nothing like they have played in the reserves even as recent as last spring. 

Have also never seen the fullbacks so aggresive in past reserves and youth.  Our current system is of a completely different animal. 

It's fairly obvious (that the two systems are different) and Rafa himself in his most recent interviews has quite clearly spelled out the differences in his methodology and the one employed by the current manager. There seems to be little point on dwelling on this point as it's just arguing over whether or not the sky is blue sometimes.

As far as recruiting youngsters is concerned, I think it's probably uinlikely that either Pacheco or Suzo would have been at the club had Rafa not been the manager at the time. Certainly in the case of Suso my guess is that one day we will be thankful that we got him a few years back. Pacheco I don't think is good enough despite him having a good game last night, but his case I think illustrates the different philosophy towards kids which Brendan Rogers has in comparison to pretty much any of his predecessors. I know our current manager has little choice but to play some youngsters, but the fact he embraces it with such gusto sets him completely apart.

No gritted teeth from my end, but if we win football matches today it just seems a little churlish to me to be praising up a manager we had four seasons ago.   
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #565: Sep 27, 2012 08:27:12 am
      Has anyone got a link to the post match interview - aside from LFCTV..?

Was chuffed with the performance, but wanted to see the post match stuff... Insted my stream went to table tennis.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #566: Sep 27, 2012 08:30:22 am
      I am buzzing!. I love these F***ing youngsters to death!.

They have been called upon and they have answered that call and then some. Brendan has opened the floodgates and there seems to be a lot of youngsters who will have the older players getting very worried about their future as regular starters.

Brendan has given the senior players a kick up the arse without actually giving them a kick up the arse if you know what i mean?. Genius.

Recorded the game on LFCTV last night as i'm working nights but have no doubt i'll be watching it this morning.

Drop the boy off in school. Go home. Ten fags. Coffee. Breakfast. Watch a dynamic display by the kids. Heaven.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #567: Sep 27, 2012 08:39:38 am
      Rafa is the reason we have such a good Academy. Rodgers is the reason they are given a chance; simple. I doubt Rafa would have given them these chances(he would have signed more players too I think) This victory is only due to BR and his confidence in the young players.
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #568: Sep 27, 2012 08:52:31 am
      Lets not get too carried away. Good win and performance - yes.
      ilikeliverpool
      • Forum John Toshack

• 253 posts |
      Reply #569: Sep 27, 2012 09:06:18 am
      Love watching this team, but agree with the above poster - lets not get carried away.

Once they get knocked out of the League Cup or Europa then people will be complaining we don't have the squad depth.

Gonna enjoy it whilst it lasts though - enjoy watching these more than the first team at the moment, mainly because they actually score well worked goals.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #570: Sep 27, 2012 09:26:10 am
      Brilliant performance that was !!..when you think just over a month ago pretty much that same WBA 11 turned us over big time..I bet Steve Clarke wasn't expecting that last night...
      There was just that little bit more get up and get at em attitude which was brilliant to watch...the off the ball movement in and around the 18yd area was tasty and they should all be proud of themselves this morning for shutting up the critics who were waiting to pounce on us with 10 mins to go...
      Two great finishes from Sahin...and that wry smile from BR when the second went in was great to see...
      I seem to recall a certain Alan Hansen saying a few years back "you can't win anything with kids" , or something wasn't it?....hmmm we'll see eh...
      Swansea next up eh !!!..
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #571: Sep 27, 2012 09:57:39 am
      Next time anyone makes a trip to West Brom, make sure you go the Vines and get some scran from the bbq. Best pre match scran ever!!

Thought we were wobbly for the first ten minutes or so last night but we soon got into our stride and stayed in it. Sahin ran the show in midfield. His confidence was oozing and it spread right through the team.

The football is slowly but surely coming together. Still a long way to go yet but it looks like practically every player is starting to get used to passing the ball like it should be.

The moment we start banging goals in, things will get very interesting.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #572: Sep 27, 2012 10:02:32 am
      Wasn't the Vines recommended by Scott? Sounds like a good place.

Haven't been able to see any highlights yet but I would really appreciate if someone could tell me whether it would be on Iplayer or whether anyone has a link?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #573: Sep 27, 2012 10:07:26 am
      Get the f**k in we won.

Play the young kids in the League and we'll quickly move up the Table.

Very impressed with Assaidi, Nuri and Wisdom at RB. Happy we got the win and so proud of the travelling support. They were immense just like our lads.

Oh yeah and I got the Prediction right so great day all round.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #574: Sep 27, 2012 10:26:46 am
      Just watched the highlights on Iplayer and although it was short, it was certainly sweet. I am made up, really am. So impressed with the likes of Wisdom, Sahin, Yesil, Suso and Assiadi. Haven't felt like this in a while but I am so made up and proud of the lads. Think I may watch the highlights a few time.

;D

Quick Reply