Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Star Man of the Match ?

Luis Suarez
      66 (94.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Nuri Sahin
      2 (2.9%)
      Suso
      1 (1.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Someone else?
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Norwich 2:5 Liverpool - In game and post match "Bazinga!"

Read 41697 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Norwich 2:5 Liverpool - In game and post match "Bazinga!"
      Reply #644: Sep 30, 2012 06:20:45 pm
      Poll added (sorry for the delay)

Wonder who might take this !  :P
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #645: Sep 30, 2012 06:22:11 pm
      Nice one Cas!  Gone for Luis!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #646: Sep 30, 2012 06:39:32 pm
      He'll be fine once he gets his head around how he's expected to play.
      Look at how far apart and wide our CB's have been all season, more or less taking up a position between FB and CB.
      Once Lucas is back to help fill the hole in front of the 2 CB's we'll become more solid, and even the best defenders in the world don't adapt to a completely different system overnight.

You may think he's over rated, and that's fine. My own opinion is that he wasn't player of the season for no reason, and that given a bit of time he'll adapt.
      You've also got to take into account that this system of BR's is a high risk system, and will not be familiar to any of the players as yet. As they get more used to it, the mistakes will become much less frequent.

My opinion of him isn't based on his performances under BR, rather his overall performances in a Liverpool shirt. Don't mistake being "over-rated" for my meaning he's a "bag of sh*t" because he's not, he's just not as good as people make him out to be due to constantly committing  too many avoidable fouls and as such, can be a liability in certain situations.  Given the choice between between him and Agger, he would be my preference to cash-in on because his loss would have less an impact on the team overall.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #647: Sep 30, 2012 06:49:42 pm
      Is Suso on this forum by any chance ? Because someone voted for him in the Motm poll :)
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #648: Sep 30, 2012 07:08:15 pm
      He'll be fine once he gets his head around how he's expected to play.
      Look at how far apart and wide our CB's have been all season, more or less taking up a position between FB and CB.
      Once Lucas is back to help fill the hole in front of the 2 CB's we'll become more solid, and even the best defenders in the world don't adapt to a completely different system overnight.

You may think he's over rated, and that's fine. My own opinion is that he wasn't player of the season for no reason, and that given a bit of time he'll adapt.
      You've also got to take into account that this system of BR's is a high risk system, and will not be familiar to any of the players as yet. As they get more used to it, the mistakes will become much less frequent.

Allen has replaced Lucas superbly although Lucas' interceptions are invaluable. It's Reina and Skrtel who commit too many mistakes. It's Skrtel's second mistake vs Norwich and Reina has committed at least 3 mistake, which makes it 5 mistakes in 6 games! As good as is Lucas, he cannot do the GK and CB's job. Coates and Jones deserve to start in the EPL based on their performances
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #649: Sep 30, 2012 07:16:24 pm
      Allen has replaced Lucas superbly although Lucas' interceptions are invaluable. It's Reina and Skrtel who commit too many mistakes. It's Skrtel's second mistake vs Norwich and Reina has committed at least 3 mistake, which makes it 5 mistakes in 6 games! As good as is Lucas, he cannot do the GK and CB's job. Coates and Jones deserve to start in the EPL based on their performances

I think Johnson is another player who made errors over the season that has cost us goals as well which is a trend with the squad is individual lapses in concentration more so than defending in general as a unit.

Though we did play a poor team yesterday it was nice to see us finish some chances when we controlled the play which is something we have not done in the past.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #650: Sep 30, 2012 07:26:57 pm
      Made up with the way we played our footy yesterday. Again, we are looking a lot better with the ball and it's breeding confidence.

Only complaint regarding us was the way we were sloppy at times at the back. But I'm confident we'll iron that out as the season goes along.

Thought the ref should have been sacked on the spot for not giving that pen to Suarez in the first half though. Nevermind a foul - it was a full on assault! Something has to be done about these poor decisions.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #651: Sep 30, 2012 07:35:22 pm
      I think Johnson is another player who made errors over the season that has cost us goals as well which is a trend with the squad is individual lapses in concentration more so than defending in general as a unit.

Though we did play a poor team yesterday it was nice to see us finish some chances when we controlled the play which is something we have not done in the past.

Johnson's problem is he stays up too long when he makes a run rather than getting back and so ends up getting caught out in counter attacks. If you look at the team as a whole, it's our back five that needs work. As for Norwich being a poor team, we needed a poor team and a big win to give the players a morale boost and confidence in BR's system. Hopefully now they have some self belief that will translate in to further wins.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #652: Sep 30, 2012 09:00:40 pm
      Poll added (sorry for the delay)

Wonder who might take this !  :P

Nice on Cas.

So pleased for the lads, and the 3pts, The manner of the performance, and really pleased for Luis, took so much stick during the match, and answered his critics in the best way possible.

World Class son :)

alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #653: Oct 01, 2012 08:55:07 am
      Great performance from most of the team and a well needed 3 points. We should be on a winning streak now. The only thing that is bugging me is, of course, the defence, with Skrtel making yet another costly mistake,Glen having a poor game and Reina lacking confidence, they have to get it together for the rest of the season. Brendan has already shown he will drop anyone if not performing so I can see some pressure come on the shoulders of the defenders. Lets not suck each others dicks yet, lets see how we perform in the next 5 games and see if the consistency is there. Well done lads for beating.... Norwich!

Me too, it's very frustrating. It makes you ask yourself if these players are good others while months ago they were the best defense of the EPL in our eyes! We have a good spinal chord but they are just making the thing more difficult themselves, we need to address these errors and I'm sure we'll make top 4 and Isuspect BR has already identified our weaknesses and he'll address them as as soon as possible.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #654: Oct 01, 2012 09:34:46 am

Sheldon, Bazinga in ball pit
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #655: Oct 01, 2012 10:20:26 am
      Agree on the comments about Suarez's attitude being spot on on Saturday, no arm waving or theatricals when he didn't have to. If he doesn't give the Refs and media any bullets to fire then in time he should start getting the decisions.

Loved the second, classic 'shut the F**k up dickheads' goal to the weird supporters of Norwich.

Can see Suso and Suarez causing some damage together this season, looks like the start of something beautiful.

Bring on the Italians and then Hoof City.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #656: Oct 01, 2012 10:40:22 am
      My lad had been getting a bit of stick at school a few months back.

(Not UK)

I sat him down with me and replayed the Norwich supporters giving Luis grief after his miss ..... and then what he did about it in reply.

Classic.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #657: Oct 01, 2012 11:04:55 am
      Suarez could be laid in a foetal position getting kicked to F**k by 11 players of the opposition and he still wouldn't get a penalty.

The drop of the elbow on Suarez was synical and if that happened on the streets it would be labelled as an assault.
      As I posted previously Daz that was ABH all F***ing day.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #658: Oct 01, 2012 11:21:25 am
      The mail has had it in for Suarez for a while now and treat him as an almost pantomime villain in their articles. The "league" of divers shown is players who have been booked for diving. Luis has been booked three times. That's correct but what they're purposefully misleading their readership with is that replays on two of those three occasions showed clearly that contact was made on him and he was wrongfully booked. It also makes no mention of players diving and not being booked, or Fergie telling Young and Wellbeck to stop diving (the latter comically diving for England the other week).
      Well, well, well who could be posting blatant F***ing sh*t from the paper we all despise.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #659: Oct 01, 2012 12:39:07 pm
      Have the club reported that Norwich player?  If that elbow doesn't deserve a 3 game ban in retrospect, I don't know what does.  You can see through a footballing making a badly times tackle.  That happens, anyone who has played the game has been on the receiving and giving out end of one of those, but that elbow was just plain malicious assault.   

The defender didn't need to use an elbow to knock Luis off balance.  A simple shove in the back would have been just as effective and a far less obvious foul.  He knew actually what he was doing.  Probably believes all the media sh*t around the time of Evra's lies.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #660: Oct 01, 2012 03:18:30 pm
      I sure hope Rodgers is able to make the Sahin loan permanent next summer!!  He is a wonderful CM, and between him, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Shelvey, and Hendo we have a fantastic core in the center of the park!!

We also need to be bringing in another CF.... I shudder to think what will happen if Luis gets injured.  We are so heavily reliant on him for creativity and goals.  This needs to be addressed in January!!

Despite this being our first league win of the season, we have now played very well in our last 4 matches.  We seem to be clicking in attack, but I would love to see us keep a couple clean sheets in the next few games.  Overall, it was a great performance and I cannot wait for the game on Thursday!!!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #661: Oct 01, 2012 04:14:58 pm
      Well, well, well who could be posting blatant f**king sh*t from the paper we all despise.

That would be George Lucas you trolling tw*t.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #662: Oct 03, 2012 08:55:09 pm
      This wont make you feel any better - its this sort of sh*te that just ensure it continues.

Suarez has worst diving record in Premier League... and it could be costing Liverpool penalties

By Joe Bernstein

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 29 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:30, 29 September 2012

Liverpool have the worst record for diving in the Premier League - and it might be costing them legitimate penalties.

This week manager Brendan Rodgers claimed his players might have to go down more often to win kicks - but it may not do them much good.

Luis Suarez (already booked for diving once this season) was denied a clear penalty on Saturday when he was hauled down in the area and should also have had one against Manchester United after a Jonny Evans tackle.

Rodgers said: 'Of course it was a penalty. If Antonio Valencia's was a penalty last week, of course that was, but he doesn't always get given the decisions he deserves.'

There's a reason for that. Opta stats show Liverpool players have received six yellow cards for simulation since the start of last season - more than any other club and more than 25 per cent of the overall total shown.

Suarez - described by Sir Alex Ferguson last season as diving 'all over the place' - is the chief culprit, with three cautions, more than any other player.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2210566/Liverpools-diving-record-costing-decisions.html#ixzz27wTzk7Ei
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Have to say George, that article is sh*te as you rightly pointed out!

Not too fussed about it now as our Luis showed he is not only boss, he is the boss, despite not being awarded yet another nailed on pen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #663: Oct 03, 2012 09:53:49 pm
      Dailyfail, no surprise it's utter sh*te. Yet another wind up, wouldn't use it to wipe my arse.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #664: Oct 03, 2012 10:51:48 pm
      Dailyfail, no surprise it's utter sh*te. Yet another wind up, wouldn't use it to wipe my arse.

True, odd though that that was the only post from a "committed RED", and a negative post at that, on our first winning PL thread.

Hmmmm.

Quick Reply