Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your Star Man of the Match ?

Luis Suarez
      66 (94.3%)
      Steven Gerrard
      0 (0%)
      Nuri Sahin
      2 (2.9%)
      Suso
      1 (1.4%)
      Raheem Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Someone else?
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Norwich 2:5 Liverpool - In game and post match "Bazinga!"

Read 42068 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Norwich 2:5 Liverpool - In game and post match "Bazinga!"
      Reply #598: Sep 29, 2012 10:50:36 pm
      First thing is that watching the match live, I thought we were brilliant apart from the odd mistake, but when you play that type of football it's always a risk until BR has moulded the team.

Second thing is, WHAT THE F**k is going on with MOTD?
      We were on second, and actually had them on our side, including Mick "One in the hole you say" McCarthy.

I'm not surprised by the result, but I am by the good coverage on MOTD which we don't usually get.

Maybe now they'll F**k off lawrenson for good, the tw*t.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #599: Sep 29, 2012 10:52:43 pm
      So should we keep the purple kit close by, apparently suited us well today ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #600: Sep 29, 2012 10:56:41 pm
      So should we keep the purple kit close by, apparently suited us well today ;)

I quite like it, but then I have very bad taste.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #601: Sep 29, 2012 11:09:14 pm
      The recycling, innovation and improvisation of the ball from midfield thanks largely to the wonderful abilities of Sahin, Suso, Allen was superb today. More of that will frustrate the opposition to death.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #602: Sep 29, 2012 11:49:09 pm
      The way we have been playing since the start of the season confirms BR is on the right path.

Even with some poor results, it still remains clear that we are on the right path. The team-play also prove the manager knows what he is doing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #603: Sep 29, 2012 11:53:11 pm
      Get the F**k in!

Our first win of the season and what a way to do it with 5 goals.

Gutted about the 2 conceded form just pure sloppy play. Took the gloss of the win a wee bit but not enough to be a perfect end to the day for me.

Luis Suarez you are a F***ing genius.  Sucked into the Norwich crowd, who were singing that sh*t We know who you are to Luis. You sure do cockheads, he's the guy who has slammed down 6 goals against you the last 2 times he's visited Carrow Road. He's your F***ing worst nightmare cu*ts!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #604: Sep 30, 2012 12:18:31 am
      I quite like it, but then I have very bad taste.

Kinda liking it myself, and I don't even like purple.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #605: Sep 30, 2012 12:24:06 am
      Get the f**k in!

Our first win of the season and what a way to do it with 5 goals.

Gutted about the 2 conceded form just pure sloppy play. Took the gloss of the win a wee bit but not enough to be a perfect end to the day for me.

Luis Suarez you are a f**king genius.  Sucked into the Norwich crowd, who were singing that sh*t We know who you are to Luis. You sure do cockheads, he's the guy who has slammed down 6 goals against you the last 2 times he's visited Carrow Road. He's your f**king worst nightmare Cu*ts!

About right Buddy,everyone resents what they have'nt got,we have Luis Suarez,so to all those out there,who have an agenda against our club,f*ck off.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #606: Sep 30, 2012 12:56:49 am
      The number of important decisions that went aganst us, not in weeks but years suggests that there's a strong suspect of conspiracy against us and  it's no longer a suspicion anymore. Some teams always get the penalty decisions but not not us, nevertheless justice was served eventually when that Barrett felllow deflected Stevies' shot into goal.

Very happy with the win but more happy to see our shots on target and happy to see Suarez was a team player for a change, linked up well with others.  Everyone did very well except some slack defending towards the last quarter of the game, could be due to over confidence. Wisdom played like a veteran and full of confidence.  Sahin did very well and used some game intelligence, arriving at the box at the right  place and right time to score. This type of player is very difficult to mark. Sterling, I thought did well overall with his pass to Stevie to score. I don't expect too much from him, in view of his age and it's ok he makes a few mistakes here and there, expected of, part of the learning process. Agger did well in spute of carrying a slight injury.

BR is certainly heading in the right direction with the players, a good mixture of junior and senior players but I hope  the hole in the middle just ouside the box will be plugged fast to protect the back 4. If we could do soon we will not conced too many goals, I don't expect Stevie to sprint 40 or 50 years back like what he did before to protect the back 4 but the matter needs looking into.

Another happy thing  I saw in the game was, we attacked with speed, intend and purpose, unlike before. Seems like BR has askld the players to stop the dallying. This team can only improve and looking forward to move up the table from here.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #607: Sep 30, 2012 01:07:25 am
      Whilst it's still early days and one win doesn't maketh a season, I would say that this time last year Arsenal were in crisis, were a spent force and were destined for mid-table obscurity and we all know how that turned out. Between now and December we should be looking at taking 20 out of a possible 24 points which should be enough to put us in contention for a top 4 place.
      Soul
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Se os mais fortes sobrevivem nós seremos eternos!
      Reply #608: Sep 30, 2012 01:22:55 am
      The best match that we made this year !

C"mon Brendan !
      EverReddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • Men of Shankly's Best
      Reply #609: Sep 30, 2012 02:28:33 am
      Absolutely fantastic!!! I'm over the moon. I thought we would win but to score FIVE goals is tremendous and bodes well for our climb up the league.

I can't sleep tonight and a certain tune keeps going round my head. The words are -

"I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough"

Lovely Luis!!  :angel:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #610: Sep 30, 2012 02:34:55 am
      Just looked at the league table, we're 2 games off the pack, if we keep grafting like we did today we'll be right up there by Xmas.

Great result today and even though against a weak Norwich team we really put them to the sword which was needed. Be a lot tougher against Stoke next week but if we keep keeping the ball and probe like we did today we will get our rewards.

Congratulation Boss on your first league win!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #611: Sep 30, 2012 04:23:41 am
       Delighted with the result and even more delighted with the effort of our younger lads.Sterling and Wisdom had good games but young Suso did exceptionally well, Brendan Rodgers had better get him to sign a long term contract pronto before these so called big clubs come sniffing around.Well done REDS the future is looking good.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #612: Sep 30, 2012 05:48:30 am
      yes Suarez was great and is the MoTM but I saw someone wrote he was trying to play with everyone, hmm I cannot agree he has been selfish often but he could, he scored so many goals but it's a bit frustrating for others.  Hmm Sahin was great and Allen is replacing Lucas superbly!
      -Our midfield is great although -Gerrard was less astonishing than before, he still lacks this class in his simple passes he used to have, the possession was great and Suso was willing to give a good ball to whom was willing to get it.
      -Sterling had a great 2nd half and should have scored after such a great start of the season.
      -Reina again put himself in a bad mood again(he made a great save before ehich was offside though and I thought he was confident), I think Jones should start ahead of him, Jones is more serene than Pepe at the moment IMO.
      -Skrtel made a silly mistake again, it is frustrating, we used to have the best defense of England last season(we said it several times), Coates should start some EPL games I think just to rest on of the CBs.

Reina - 5
      Wisdom - 7
      Skrtel - 6.5
      Agger - 7.5
      Johnson - 7.5

Allen - 9
      Sahin - 9
      Gerrard - 7

Suso - 7
      Sterling - 7
      Suarez - 10
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2012 06:04:45 am by alex1995 »
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #613: Sep 30, 2012 09:49:04 am
      What a great game to watch - the difference taking your chances makes.  The tone was set early on with the run into the box by Sahin that caused the first goal.  I was very pleased with his perfomance today - looked so much more up to speed than he did in his debut, and I love the way he makes his runs into the box.

It is very encouraging to see the younger players making such a positive impact, and looking so comfortable in the first team.  They all seem to have such an excellent first touch which means that they generally are moving the ball where they want it, and so tend to keep possession better.  Thought Wisdom did well, although he just needs to work on his "full back" positioning, as he seemed naturally to drift inside in the first half, but seems another real prospect.

Some one needs to send the referee's chief (can't remember who) a video of some of the more obvious decisions that have gone against Luis - the lad yesterday just chopped down with his elbow and flattened him - how that was not given (linesman should have seen it from their angle) I do not know.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #614: Sep 30, 2012 09:57:51 am
      Delighted to have finally got the season properly under way and with home games against Stoke and Reading coming up I fancy us to to take the next 6 points on offer ahead of the Mersey derby. There was a little bit of pressure starting build so this will just take the sting out of it and the players are certainly looking more and more comfortable with the way they are playing now. Clearly there are still some issues from a defensive point of view and given the way we set up it can only take a small error to get the lads in trouble so hopefully that will improve and we might see a clean sheet or two in the next few games. I love the fact the yougnsters are playing and doing so well.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #615: Sep 30, 2012 10:01:36 am
      Suarez could be laid in a foetal position getting kicked to F**k by 11 players of the opposition and he still wouldn't get a penalty.

The drop of the elbow on Suarez was synical and if that happened on the streets it would be labelled as an assault.
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #616: Sep 30, 2012 10:02:02 am
      Smiling I am !
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #617: Sep 30, 2012 10:07:43 am
      Suarez could be laid in a foetal position getting kicked to F**k by 11 players of the opposition and he still wouldn't get a penalty.

The drop of the elbow on Suarez was synical and if that happened on the streets it would be labelled as an assault.

This wont make you feel any better - its this sort of sh*te that just ensure it continues.

Suarez has worst diving record in Premier League... and it could be costing Liverpool penalties

By Joe Bernstein

PUBLISHED: 22:30, 29 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:30, 29 September 2012

Liverpool have the worst record for diving in the Premier League - and it might be costing them legitimate penalties.

This week manager Brendan Rodgers claimed his players might have to go down more often to win kicks - but it may not do them much good.

Luis Suarez (already booked for diving once this season) was denied a clear penalty on Saturday when he was hauled down in the area and should also have had one against Manchester United after a Jonny Evans tackle.

Rodgers said: 'Of course it was a penalty. If Antonio Valencia's was a penalty last week, of course that was, but he doesn't always get given the decisions he deserves.'

There's a reason for that. Opta stats show Liverpool players have received six yellow cards for simulation since the start of last season - more than any other club and more than 25 per cent of the overall total shown.

Suarez - described by Sir Alex Ferguson last season as diving 'all over the place' - is the chief culprit, with three cautions, more than any other player.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2210566/Liverpools-diving-record-costing-decisions.html#ixzz27wTzk7Ei
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #618: Sep 30, 2012 10:11:04 am
      Suarez - described by the drunken old soak last season as diving 'all over the place' - is the chief culprit, with three cautions, more than any other player.

That's the bit that pisses me off when the piss head had Ronaldo and Nani diving all over the place for years.

Sure both of them have an olympic medal somewhere.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #619: Sep 30, 2012 10:16:08 am
      That's the bit that pisses me off when the piss head had Ronaldo and Nani diving all over the place for years.

Sure both of them have an olympic medal somewhere.

Exactly!.
      It's great that LFC still get under the pricks skin.
      What really annoys me is the way the media and a lot of other people side with the old tw*t regarding LFC.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #620: Sep 30, 2012 10:16:46 am
      No mention of Utds comical diving and actually winning penalty's from it? As you were then.  :roll:

Quick Reply