Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. What will be the outcome?

Liverpool Win
      89 (87.3%)
      Draw
      12 (11.8%)
      Udinese Win
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Pre-Match Thread: Liverpool v Udinese - Thursday 4th October - KO 20:05

Read 11073 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Pre-Match Thread: Liverpool v Udinese - Thursday 4th October - KO 20:05
      Sep 30, 2012 12:33:51 pm
      Vs

Liverpool      Udinese

Already looking forward to this one after the game yesterday, what a performance!

Udinese haven't got many big names but their club captain is Italian International Antonio Di Natale.

I'd pick a mix and match side, but also keeping an eye on the game against Stoke on Sunday:

--------------------Jones--------------------

---Johnson---Carra----Coates---Enrique---

---------------Hendo----Allen---------------

-------------------Pacheco-------------------

---Downing------------------------Assaidi---

--------------------Borini-------------------

Subs; Gulacsi; Widsom, Wilson; Shelvey, Suso, Cole; Yesil.

I hope Enrique is fit enough to play, if not I'd shift Johnson to left back and put Wisdom in at Right Back.

Rest Gerrard and Sahin for the game on Sunday and give Hendo a game along side Allen with Pacheco going forward to support the front three.

Shelvey should come back into the squad as I think his ban is only a Domestic one.

Give Downing a full 90 minutes on the right to show Rodgers that he has a future at the club, play Assaidi on the left and Borini central.

I've got a feeling this could be another good game for us and I think we will win 2-0 with Borini scoring then Cole grabbing the other from the bench.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2012 04:36:46 pm by Reslivo »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Liverpool v Udinese KO 20:05 All Build Up Here
      Reply #1: Sep 30, 2012 12:37:43 pm
      Dont think you will see a team as strong as that to be honest
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Re: Liverpool v Udinese KO 20:05 All Build Up Here
      Reply #2: Sep 30, 2012 12:46:49 pm
      Dont think you will see a team as strong as that to be honest

Who do you think will play then mate?
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Re: Match Thread : Liverpool vs Udinese - Thursday 4th October - KO 20:05
      Reply #3: Sep 30, 2012 12:53:16 pm
      Anzhi are a good side and are managed by former Real Madrid and Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink. Their squad includes Samuel Eto'o, Christopher Samba, Lassana Diarra and the massive Lacina Traore, who stands at 6'8!

Remember it's Udinese we're playing first. I can see a side similar to the League Cup win, including Shelvey as I'm guessing his ban is domestic rather than European. I think that Stevie and Luis will be on the bench at the most.
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Reply #4: Sep 30, 2012 01:04:38 pm
      Remember it's Udinese we're playing first. I can see a side similar to the League Cup win, including Shelvey as I'm guessing his ban is domestic rather than European. I think that Stevie and Luis will be on the bench at the most.

Thanks buddy I have changed the original post.

Oh yeah, Shelvey, he seems to give us something special when he plays in a more attacking position!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #5: Sep 30, 2012 01:21:05 pm
                      Jones
      Wisdom   Carra     Coates    Robinson
                    Henderson
                  Shelvey Suso
      Downing                      Assaidi
                      Borini
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #6: Sep 30, 2012 02:11:01 pm
                                   Jones
      Flanagan     Coates       Carra       Enrique
                    Henderson     Shelvey   
        Downing          Pacheco         Assaidi
                                  Borini
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #7: Sep 30, 2012 02:15:15 pm
      Udinese should provide stronger opposition than Young Boys, who look the whipping boys ( pardon the pun ) of the group.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #8: Sep 30, 2012 02:19:07 pm
      Think we may need a little more than we did against Young Boys to beat Udinese.

Jones

Wisdom         Carra        Coates        Enrique

Henderson  Shelvey  Sahin

Downing         Yesil           Assaidi

Hoping for a 2-0 win, but may need to bring on Suarez and Gerrard to get that score.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #9: Sep 30, 2012 02:43:53 pm
      Italians in the Europa League? Just have Stevie on the bench  :f_tongueincheek:
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #10: Sep 30, 2012 03:01:32 pm
      Just watched the last ten - fifteen minutes of Udinese's game with Genoa, they look very slow and lacked any real incision.

It finished 0 - 0 and could have just been an "off-day" but if our lads get the ball moving at the pace we can, a good result should follow.

However, as Italians, there's no doubt that they will be typically stubborn in defense, so a patient attitude may be required,

It will be a good test for the younger lads, as I'm sure Rogers will mix the team up again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #11: Sep 30, 2012 04:10:03 pm
      I'm over on Thursday to see this one so can't wait.

I'm expecting something similar to the other cup games with Brendan possibly leaving Sahin out due to Jonjo suspension.

Jones

Wisdom Carra Coates Robinson

Henderson Shelvey

Suso

Pacheco Yesil Assaidi

Looking forward to seeing these youngsters play live.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #12: Sep 30, 2012 04:14:13 pm
      Gone for 3-0 to the red men I'm sure whoever Brendan selects now we've got our Mojo back we're a challenge for anyone !
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Re: Pre-Match Thread: Liverpool v Udinese - Thursday 4th October - KO 20:05
      Reply #13: Sep 30, 2012 05:12:06 pm
      I'd play a strong side here.  Get our home games won and we can leave a good lot of the first choice players at home for the trips to Italy and more importantly Russia.  12 points would more than enough to get out of this group.

It's important that we progress in this.  It's not the tournament the fans really want the most to be in, but being realistic, we might just have to make do with it for a season or two.  A strong showing in this keeps up our European coefficient and keep Liverpool in the eye of the foreign players.

It's strange that when I'm thinking of our strongest side now names like sterling and Suso come to mind!  The cock up made of this transfer window might just be the biggest blessing in the disguise ever.  There'd be no way, we'd be seeing so many of our youngsters getting the chances they are, if Rodgers got more in in the summer.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Sep 30, 2012 07:01:33 pm
      I'm over on Thursday to see this one so can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing these youngsters play live.

I'm at this game too, looking forward to seeing you again Si, and the youngsters too, think we'll see a mixture of youth and experience in the team, really feel our season has been kick started so looking for a good result in this match.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #15: Sep 30, 2012 07:58:29 pm
      I'm at this game too, looking forward to seeing you again Si, and the youngsters too, think we'll see a mixture of youth and experience in the team, really feel our season has been kick started so looking for a good result in this match.
      I'll see you there Cas,i'm bringing the young fella , lower anny i'm in.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #16: Sep 30, 2012 08:15:00 pm
      I'll see you there Cas,i'm bringing the young fella , lower anny i'm in.  :aaliverpool2xt1:

Nice one, I'm in Lower Anny Rd as well, see you in the Sandon, same place  ;)
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #17: Sep 30, 2012 08:20:58 pm
      Nice one, I'm in Lower Anny Rd as well, see you in the Sandon, same place  ;)
      I'll be there at 4 Cas , Looking forward to a European night, i'ts been a while since i've been to one. I was surprised with the amount of tickets left.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #18: Sep 30, 2012 09:10:40 pm
      Hopefully get to meet up with you two then.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #19: Sep 30, 2012 09:14:28 pm
      This will be a tough game for us. If we field a young team they will have to be at there very best to get a result. Come on the boys.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #20: Sep 30, 2012 09:14:41 pm
      I'll be there at 4 Cas , Looking forward to a European night, i'ts been a while since i've been to one. I was surprised with the amount of tickets left.

Yeah me too, I doubt it will be a sell out, people who moan about not being able to get tickets should get there arse down to Anfield for only £30 !!

Hopefully get to meet up with you two then.

Look forward to it Si, who you coming with?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #21: Sep 30, 2012 09:22:45 pm
      Look forward to it Si, who you coming with?

The good lady!

Will be a busy day but hopefully be up in time to have an ale with you lot.

Like you say great chance for those to get to a game who normally find it hard to get tickets.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #22: Sep 30, 2012 09:31:35 pm
      The good lady!

Will be a busy day but hopefully be up in time to have an ale with you lot.

Like you say great chance for those to get to a game who normally find it hard to get tickets.

Fantastic Si, hope she enjoys the match  ;D

Quick Reply