Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Evander Sno - Cardiac Arrest

Read 2291 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Evander Sno - Cardiac Arrest
      Sep 30, 2012 02:17:54 pm
      Sno suffers cardiac arrest, walks off pitch

NEC Nijmegen midfielder Evander Sno suffered a cardiac arrest during their game at Feyenoord but was able to walk off the pitch after his defibrillator resolved the problem.

"Evander (Sno) had a cardiac arrest which was followed by a shock from his internal defibrillator," Feyenoord doctor Casper van Eijck said.

"And the shock is what he felt and that terrified him, which I could see in his eyes on the pitch.

"He was transported to a hospital because the defibrillator caused arrhythmia (abnormal heart beat) so he has to stay there for the night."

Sno had the defibrillator fitted after suffering a cardiac arrest playing for Ajax Amsterdam's reserves in September 2010 when he was revived by the use of an external defibrillator.

The 25-year-old Dutchman, who started his career at Feyenoord before spells with NAC Breda, Celtic, Ajax, Bristol City and RKC Waalwijk, was substituted after 34 minutes of Saturday's Dutch league match which Nijmegen lost 5-1.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/sno-suffers-cardiac-arrest-pitch-081453411.html

Very lucky guy to still be alive! Hope he has a speedy recovery but surely he wont risk playing again?! Might not be so lucky if it happens again.
      Bier
      Re: Evander Sno - Cardiac Arrest
      Reply #1: Sep 30, 2012 03:35:46 pm
      Not sure this is actually true, his club's manager denied it yesterday. And the dutch media are reporting that the hospital found it was a defib malfunction rather than a cardiac arrest. The Feyenoord doctor isn't actually his club doctor, and he's making assumptions. I've seen the incident happen, he never layed down and walked off the field by himself. So it wasn't as bad as you might think.

I think he'll continue playing, he's had the same problem once last season at RKC.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Sep 30, 2012 03:45:39 pm
      Yeah didn't seem as bad as it's made out in that article, here's the incident:
      Evanter Sno Cardiac Arrest
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Oct 01, 2012 10:26:54 pm
      I met him when he played for Celtic, a nice bloke he is and took plenty of time signing autographs and photos. I hope he recovers soon .

Quick Reply