Read 2266 times
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      LFC in Australia
      Oct 02, 2012 04:43:23 pm
      Hi all,

In three weeks time I'll be moving to Australia for at least 1 year. I will arrive in Sydney and plan on staying there for a few months. I was wondering where the best pub is to watch the liverpool games? Found something about a fan club in the Cheers bar? Is anyone on this forum a member of that club and is it any good?

Thanks for your help
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: LFC in Australia
      Reply #1: Oct 02, 2012 11:39:06 pm
      Hi mate, I live in Melbourne so if you ever come over to the good State  ;), I can sort you out but being in Sydney the 2 best blokes to ask are Crouchinho and Dadorious...two top Reds that will help you out no probs.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Oct 03, 2012 12:52:30 am
      Hi mate, I live in Melbourne so if you ever come over to the good State  ;), I can sort you out but being in Sydney the 2 best blokes to ask are Crouchinho and Dadorious...two top Reds that will help you out no probs.

Haha nice one Ian mate!

Hey linneman that is correct the best reds pub in Sydney is the "cheers" bar lots of locals and a few scousers even. Packs a good atmosphere on most nights and a great one in the big derby games i.e Everton, United, Chelsea. Word of advice though if it is a Saturday night game either a 9:45pm or 12 or 1am kick off game especially a derby one be there early as it is a small venue and once at capacity bouncers will turn you away.

Let me know if you need any more info about anythine else mate.

Cheers
      Dado

linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #3: Oct 25, 2012 11:51:28 am
      Ok thanks mate.

I arrived this week and will try to check out the game against everton this Sunday. I'm not yet sure about kick-off time though  ;D, in Sydney time thats 23.30?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #4: Oct 26, 2012 03:15:18 pm
      I use ESPN Soccernet which converts the times for you based on your location

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/scores?cc=3436

so yeah for me the derby is midnight kick off. football eats your weekends here! my whole headache on sunday will revolve around whether to watch Bayern Leverkusen or Chelsea Utd.. but if we lose before that I'd probably go to sleep and forget about football for a while.

Quick Reply